UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

12/4/12 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BKViper
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bethesda has stated the new DLC will be out for PC and PS3 in early 2013.

Kind of vague, but hopefully that means January.

12/4/12 2:20 PM
SomewhereOverTheDwayneBowe
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - Im also dling the dlc right now. I can't wait to ride a dragon!!! Phone Post
Uhh lucky ass haha I've got about 6 more hours till I'm off! Let us know how it is! Phone Post
12/4/12 2:38 PM
gord96
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 
gord96 -

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the Stormcloaks. For a free and independent Skyrim! (even though my character is not a Nord).

Has anyone tried this mod? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

One thing I noticed while walking around this amazing setting in Skyrim (and really my only complaint about it) is that everyone talks about this crazy civil war going on, but there is no battles or even armies anywhere. This mod looks to fix that. Sounds pretty epic, although it appears you need a decent rig to run it. It basiclly adds hundreds of battles between the Stormcloaks and Imperials all over Skyrim that you can join in on. And after the civil war, it switches out the losing side with a new enemy, depending on the side you took. I'll have to give it a try when I decide to join the war.

I saw some youtube clips and it looked awesome. Hundreds of people in battle. I wish i had a gaming computer. Phone Post

I tried out that mod and it is nutty. It pretty much changes Skyrim from a pretty, but not so dangerous world to a world of extreme danger and unending battle. Everywhere you go you come across small and large battles between Stormcloaks and Imperials, Stormcloaks and bandits, Imperial and bandits, Imperial and Stormcloaks and Forsworn, Stormcloaks vs Thalmor justicars and more. It actually makes Skyrim seem like a war torn province. Can't count how many time I have been ambushed by Vampires or stumbled across the Stormcloaks raiding an Imperial camp. Worth the download for sure for anyone with the PC version.
12/4/12 5:54 PM
Stache
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trichoke7 - I love this game but I have a PS3.

Fuck you PS3.

Same here. It's like being the nerdy kid on the beach everyone kicks sand at.
:(
12/4/12 8:36 PM
Jack Carter
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't you guys get a 360?

Fuck PS3 Phone Post
12/4/12 9:01 PM
Onikage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh tried to download Dragonborn today but it looks like someone stole my credit card and I have to wait for my new one to get here... Bastard thieves trying to impede on my Skyrimming
12/4/12 10:38 PM
Jack Carter
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got no time to play!!!!!! Phone Post
12/4/12 11:13 PM
Stache
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -  Why don't you guys get a 360?

Fuck PS3 Phone Post

Hey man! It plays movies and shit!

Besides, it was a gift.
12/5/12 2:39 AM
shootfighterbull

Dragonborn is incredible so far. It's an all new map, ala shivering isles. It's technically an island in Morrowind. It's mainly Dunmer but there is a Nordic settlement and a few minorities, such as a certain guild members sibling.
I've yet to do anything but explore so far, but it's great. New everything. Animals, enemies, books, ingredients, armor, weapons.
It's too early to say, but i think it's better than Dawnguard. Phone Post
12/5/12 3:01 AM
Jack Carter

Wait, I thought it was all of Morrowind "unlocked"?

12/5/12 3:50 AM
Jack Carter

chalkandcheese -  This game sucks shit. I finally get round to buying it on pc and all it does is crash to desktop. I've been on a lot of forums and tried a lot of solutions but to no avail. Phone Post

That fucking sucks bro. It's a good game.

What have you tried?

12/5/12 4:07 AM
GapingAxeWound
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 days off work

Dragonborn
Weed
Whiskey
And I just chucked some ribs in the smoker :-D Phone Post
12/5/12 7:43 AM
Jack Carter

GapingAxeWound - 3 days off work

Dragonborn
Weed
Whiskey
And I just chucked some ribs in the smoker :-D Phone Post
Mammoth ribs, FTW! Phone Post
12/5/12 3:17 PM
shootfighterbull

Soltheim is so fucking awesome. I've already encountered so much cool shit, but i'd dare not spoil a thing for anyone.

Best game ever, imo. Phone Post
12/5/12 4:05 PM
Ruthless Rye

chalkandcheese -  This game sucks shit. I finally get round to buying it on pc and all it does is crash to desktop. I've been on a lot of forums and tried a lot of solutions but to no avail. Phone Post

Go here.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/180-pc/

You have to register, but there are a ton of people on that board that are smart as all hell when it comes to PC's and gaming in general.
12/5/12 4:18 PM
Ruthless Rye

Fuck you PS3.

The PS3 is not the problem. It is a coding issue. Bethesda Game Studios developed the game for the Xbox360, and ported it to the the PC and PS3.

The PC and Xbox360 pretty much work on the same architecture, while the PS3 is completely different.

Again, it is the developers at Bethesda Game Studios who are to blame. The knew the game was whack on the PS3 when they released it.

Skyrim has tremendous memory problems on the PS3. That is why us PS3 users have not gotten the other downloadable content (Hearthfire, Dawngaurd). It is unstable, and will not run properly.
12/5/12 8:06 PM
shootfighterbull

Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

The PS3 is not the problem. It is a coding issue. Bethesda Game Studios developed the game for the Xbox360, and ported it to the the PC and PS3.

The PC and Xbox360 pretty much work on the same architecture, while the PS3 is completely different.

Again, it is the developers at Bethesda Game Studios who are to blame. The knew the game was whack on the PS3 when they released it.

Skyrim has tremendous memory problems on the PS3. That is why us PS3 users have not gotten the other downloadable content (Hearthfire, Dawngaurd). It is unstable, and will not run properly.

that's like buying a 100 dollar Squier Guitar and wondering why is doesn't play like a 1964 Fender.

12/5/12 8:28 PM
Trichoke7
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

Yeah.

Apparently Dragonborn is supposed to come out for PS3 now.
12/5/12 8:48 PM
Jack Carter

Jack Carter -

T Phone Post
12/5/12 10:07 PM
omgjoshjames
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -
Jack Carter -

T Phone Post
Its the island of solstheim which was in the Morrowind goty edition Phone Post
12/5/12 10:31 PM
shootfighterbull

Lol @ it being all of Morrowind. That'd be like Fallout 3 releasing NV as an expansion. Phone Post
12/5/12 11:48 PM
Ruthless Rye

shootfighterbull - 
Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

that's like buying a 100 dollar Squier Guitar and wondering why is doesn't play like a 1964 Fender.

If you mean the game, and that it was made for the Xbox360, I get you.

If you mean the PS3 is inferior to the Xbox360, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

The CPU in the PS3 runs circles around the 360. They both have 512 Mb's of RAM. Difference is, the PS3 has to use half of the RAM for graphics.

Skyrim on the PC is a recommended 4 MB dedicated RAM. The Xbox360 can use all 512 Mb's, although its graphics pale in comparison to the PS3, and of course the floor is wiped on a decent PC.

The problem is with RAM allocation. Bethesda Game Studios knew this, Todd Howard (lead game developer of BGS) knew this and actually publicly stated it.

If BGS wrote the game for PS3, that would be a different story. They didn't, to save money, and secure their 11/11/11 release date.

The reason PS3 owners might get Dragon Born is because it takes place in a different "cell" within the game. If you do not know what that means, well, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

However, the game is still gonna freeze, and the frame rates are gonna drop, and quests and what not are gonna be quirky. Why? Because the damn game uses so much RAM remembering where you dropped a cheese roll in a "cell" before the 10 or 30 day in game refresh, that 256 Mb is not enough to keep up.

The PS3 is a BEAST when a DEV team knows what they are doing.

Bethesda Game Studios has been in bed with Microsoft since Morrowind. Ever wonder why Morrowind is not available on PS3? Oblivion from Bethesda Game Studios was ported over to the PS3 by 4J Studios. That is why it works.

BTW, all the extras on the PS3 version of Oblivion(Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles) is from BGS, not 4J Studios. That is why the game gets all funky on PS3 sometimes.

Sorry for the FRAT, but this shit pisses me off.
12/6/12 12:04 AM
Galt

Has anyone gotten through the Adamantium tower?
12/6/12 12:35 AM
shootfighterbull

Ruthless Rye -
shootfighterbull - 
Ruthless Rye - 

Fuck you PS3.

If you mean the game, and that it was made for the Xbox360, I get you.

If you mean the PS3 is inferior to the Xbox360, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

The CPU in the PS3 runs circles around the 360. They both have 512 Mb's of RAM. Difference is, the PS3 has to use half of the RAM for graphics.

Skyrim on the PC is a recommended 4 MB dedicated RAM. The Xbox360 can use all 512 Mb's, although its graphics pale in comparison to the PS3, and of course the floor is wiped on a decent PC.

The problem is with RAM allocation. Bethesda Game Studios knew this, Todd Howard (lead game developer of BGS) knew this and actually publicly stated it.

If BGS wrote the game for PS3, that would be a different story. They didn't, to save money, and secure their 11/11/11 release date.

The reason PS3 owners might get Dragon Born is because it takes place in a different "cell" within the game. If you do not know what that means, well, you do not know WTF you are talking about.

However, the game is still gonna freeze, and the frame rates are gonna drop, and quests and what not are gonna be quirky. Why? Because the damn game uses so much RAM remembering where you dropped a cheese roll in a "cell" before the 10 or 30 day in game refresh, that 256 Mb is not enough to keep up.

The PS3 is a BEAST when a DEV team knows what they are doing.

Bethesda Game Studios has been in bed with Microsoft since Morrowind. Ever wonder why Morrowind is not available on PS3? Oblivion from Bethesda Game Studios was ported over to the PS3 by 4J Studios. That is why it works.

BTW, all the extras on the PS3 version of Oblivion(Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles) is from BGS, not 4J Studios. That is why the game gets all funky on PS3 sometimes.

Sorry for the FRAT, but this shit pisses me off.
Whoa nelly, i was just breaking balls.

Also, what do you mean about morrowind? It's not available on the 360. Phone Post
12/6/12 12:46 AM
ss_thai
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait to get this. Can you buy it in shops? My Internet is whack as fuck Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.