UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

1/15/13 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BKViper
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 3:46 PM
BIGWHITESEXY -
xNate - 
shootfighterbull -
Squirrel Guard - Hah ya I think its windhelm and winterhold in the northeast. I'm lvl 24 and just got blacksmithing to 80 so I'm set on gear. Anyone else just build iron daggers over and over? And threw a bunch in the box in my whiterun house so I can enchant them later. Phone Post
Leather braces. Prolly over a thousand. Phone Post
I do both of these. Enchant sneak on bracers for big skill gains. Turn undead, paralyse, or absorb health for daggers.

Get the transmute alteration spell and turn iron ore to silver and gold for jewelry from all the pretty gems you find. Big skill gains off jewelry. Phone Post

THATS WHY PC IS SO FUCKING MUCH BETTER.   LOL @ CRAFTING 1000 DAGGERS OR BRACERS FUCK ALL THAT SHIT.  

I have a PS3 & Xbox, and I enjoy both for different games, but games like Skyrim are meant to run on a big rig PC.
I actually bought Skyrim on PS3 when it came out because I was still in the middle of building a new gaming PC.
When I finished and bought it for PC, it was like playing a different game.
To say nothing of the enormous mod community, the base game is like watching a movie on an old tube TV from the 50's versus the latest HD screen.

And this type of game is meant to be played with keyboard and mouse in my opinion.Phone Post

1/15/13 3:51 PM
Moroth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - 
Squirrel Guard -  Playing through a second time. Feels like the first time!. Had to buy it for xbox cause ps3 still has no dlc. Thanks sony. Phone Post

For Fuck Sakes.

It is not Sony's fault. It is Bethesda Game Studios Fault.

Sony will NOT approve DLC that makes the game WORSE.

Know your facts before you reveal your idiocy.

And you purchased it a second time? For XBOX? That's like saying to Home Land Security, "sure, I don't mind you invading my internal organs with rays that have not been studied to see the damage they do on a human body, just get me on the plane."

Bethesda Games Studios fucked Sony (like they have always done), and they fucked the Playstation owners by lying to them.

LEARN YOUR FACTS!

Actually it kind of is Sony's fault; they specifically make the PS3 hard to code for:

http://news.cnet.com/sony-ps3-is-hard-to-develop-for-on-purpose/
1/15/13 3:57 PM
Ruthless Rye
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sorry that I got upset.

It is just that Bethesda, and Bethesda Game Studios will not change their ways until people speak up and expose them.
1/15/13 3:58 PM
ALAR88

Finishing up Hearthfire now, having trouble getting my character's level up, stalling around 61.
1/15/13 4:02 PM
Ruthless Rye
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moroth, game studios have had the PS3 development kit since the early 2000's.

If you do not know how to code for it, don't release a game on that platform.

Also, Skyrim wasn't coded for the PS3. It was ported over.

I pretty much already wrote what that article states a few pages back.
1/15/13 4:03 PM
Ruthless Rye

No, Kid Charles. It's a business.
1/15/13 4:05 PM
Meohfumado
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moroth - 
Ruthless Rye - 
Squirrel Guard -  Playing through a second time. Feels like the first time!. Had to buy it for xbox cause ps3 still has no dlc. Thanks sony. Phone Post

For Fuck Sakes.

It is not Sony's fault. It is Bethesda Game Studios Fault.

Sony will NOT approve DLC that makes the game WORSE.

Know your facts before you reveal your idiocy.

And you purchased it a second time? For XBOX? That's like saying to Home Land Security, "sure, I don't mind you invading my internal organs with rays that have not been studied to see the damage they do on a human body, just get me on the plane."

Bethesda Games Studios fucked Sony (like they have always done), and they fucked the Playstation owners by lying to them.

LEARN YOUR FACTS!

Actually it kind of is Sony's fault; they specifically make the PS3 hard to code for:

http://news.cnet.com/sony-ps3-is-hard-to-develop-for-on-purpose/

^This!

This is why on 90% of third-party AAA titles, the 360 is the main SKU, and then they port to PS3.

BIgger install base, and easier to code for. PS3 will always lag behind.

As such, my PS3 is for blu-rays and PS3-exclusive titles. If a game is on both, the 360 version is usually much better.

Regardless, any Bethesda open-world game needs to be bought on PC for all the awesome mods.
1/15/13 4:10 PM
Moroth

Ruthless Rye - Moroth, game studios have had the PS3 development kit since the early 2000's.

If you do not know how to code for it, don't release a game on that platform.

Also, Skyrim wasn't coded for the PS3. It was ported over.

I pretty much already wrote what that article states a few pages back.

Agreed, they probably shouldn't have tried to push the game to PS3 if their developers didn't feel they could do it successfully. It's got to be tough enough porting a game to different systems (except Xbox and PC which use similar OS's), they don't need the hardware manufacturer making it any tougher on them.

I'm not really defending Bethesda, but I don't think they take all the blame on the PS3's lack of DLC.
1/15/13 4:12 PM
Squirrel Guard
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ruthless Rye - I am sorry that I got upset.

It is just that Bethesda, and Bethesda Game Studios will not change their ways until people speak up and expose them.
Its cool hombre. If we all got along, what fun would the internet be anyway? Phone Post
1/15/13 4:14 PM
Ruthless Rye

Respect, Moroth.

Bethesda didn't code the game for PS3, that is why it is all wonkers and DLC empty.

Sure, if the PS3 ran off of the same architecture as the 360, then my argument would be mute.
1/15/13 4:16 PM
Ruthless Rye

Squirrel Guard - 

Its cool hombre. If we all got along, what fun would the internet be anyway? Phone Post

Thanks, and that's true. ;)
1/15/13 4:31 PM
kingjames100
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel sorry for any poor bastard that has to play this game on a console.
1/15/13 4:36 PM
LittleKang
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ALAR88 - Finishing up Hearthfire now, having trouble getting my character's level up, stalling around 61.
You gots to start using other avenues to lvl shit. I still have some points to max up before i get screwed Phone Post
1/15/13 4:43 PM
xNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang -
ALAR88 - Finishing up Hearthfire now, having trouble getting my character's level up, stalling around 61.
You gots to start using other avenues to lvl shit. I still have some points to max up before i get screwed Phone Post
Use alternative armor set and let a small creature beat on you while you heal. Same with shield.

Muffle cast for illusion leveling Phone Post
1/15/13 4:53 PM
sewich
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Expose them fpr making great games? My Xbox dlc runs perfectly so if there is something up with the programming for the ps3 perhaps that's sonys fault. So calm the fuck down and stop bad mouthing one of the only developers making RPGs worth a damn. Phone Post
1/15/13 4:55 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III -

Been playing this game for about a week now. One of the first things I did was get my blacksmithing and enchanting up as much as quickly as possible.

Creates gear specifically to boost my blacksmithing up to insane levels and then created some super bad ass Daedric swords that do over 300 damage each with one-handed enchanting perks on my Dragon Bone armor.

Not so tough now, are you, you fucking Draugr Death Lords? Huh? You thought it was cute killing me with one fucking arrow? Whos' the bitch now? Bite the curb mother fucker.

Lol

Sneaking is also very effective when you can 3x damage with a bow if you sneak up on a guy then 6x for melee. I can walk up behind a giant while sneaking and one-shot him with my hand axe Phone Post

Now that my swords and armor are all pimped out I can just stroll into the middle of a Giants' camp and murder everything in sight.

1/15/13 5:05 PM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The_Pundits_Fluffer_III - 

P.S. get the Mace of Malag Bal or whatever its name is before you fight the Dragon Priests. It does a good amount of damage and drains their magic so after a few hits they can't really attack anymore.

Also, if you don't finish the quest with Barbas you can have a bad ass invincible dog that can one-shot most enemies follow you around. Considering you can enchant helmets or just use Dragon Masks with similar perks I'd much rather have Barbas than the mask of Clavacus Vile. Wish I didn't finish the quest. :/

I hated that little shit. Should have shouted him off a cliff.
1/15/13 11:14 PM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - 
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III - 

P.S. get the Mace of Malag Bal or whatever its name is before you fight the Dragon Priests. It does a good amount of damage and drains their magic so after a few hits they can't really attack anymore.

Also, if you don't finish the quest with Barbas you can have a bad ass invincible dog that can one-shot most enemies follow you around. Considering you can enchant helmets or just use Dragon Masks with similar perks I'd much rather have Barbas than the mask of Clavacus Vile. Wish I didn't finish the quest. :/

I hated that little shit. Should have shouted him off a cliff.

Clavocus Vile gives you the option to kill Barbas and keep that lame axe you had to go find.

1/15/13 11:55 PM
shootfighterbull

that axe is wicked lame.

best daedric weapon? the orc god warhammer.

also, has anyone else made weapons and renamed them things such as Robert's Warhammer, Ice, Glamdring(gandalf's sword mispelled), Oathkeeper?

1/15/13 11:57 PM
Stache
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know but it wasn't much fun. A nice fus roh dah off High Hrothgar would have been so much more satisfying.
1/16/13 12:31 AM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III

shootfighterbull - 

that axe is wicked lame.

best daedric weapon? the orc god warhammer.

also, has anyone else made weapons and renamed them things such as Robert's Warhammer, Ice, Glamdring(gandalf's sword mispelled), Oathkeeper?

I have a mace called The Pussy Destroyer.

1/16/13 12:32 AM
The_Pundits_Fluffer_III

Stache - I know but it wasn't much fun. A nice fus roh dah off High Hrothgar would have been so much more satisfying.

I've only used that shout like 3 times. All 3 were because the stupid graybeards made me.

I reserve my shout button for Beast form. It's especially satisfying when I know I'm about to go into a vampire lair.

1/16/13 9:49 AM
LittleKang
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The_Pundits_Fluffer_III -
Stache - I know but it wasn't much fun. A nice fus roh dah off High Hrothgar would have been so much more satisfying.

I've only used that shout like 3 times. All 3 were because the stupid graybeards made me.

I reserve my shout button for Beast form. It's especially satisfying when I know I'm about to go into a vampire lair.

Currently what i use too. Attempting to get 11 wolf perks.

I haven't renamed anything yet but i guess my dragon armour could be named Rhaegar's armour lol Phone Post
1/27/13 4:08 PM
darkness66
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just fucked up. I'm conquering shit for the storm cloaks and I decide to steal a horse on my way out of camp. Well the dude with the bear skin on his head goes ape shit on me and tries to come at me with his war hammer. I put his ass down right quick before getting the hell out of there. I go take the fort and when I come back to get my orders he still mad and comes at me again. But it still gives me a mission to meet Ulfric at solitude. I go but ulfric isn't there and I need a key to get in. WTF?
All of my auto saves are after the bear guy attacked me and the manual save before that is from like 5 days ago. I've already quit once because it just got too boring.
I think this might be what gets me to quit again. Phone Post
1/27/13 4:32 PM
LittleKang

darkness66 - I just fucked up. I'm conquering shit for the storm cloaks and I decide to steal a horse on my way out of camp. Well the dude with the bear skin on his head goes ape shit on me and tries to come at me with his war hammer. I put his ass down right quick before getting the hell out of there. I go take the fort and when I come back to get my orders he still mad and comes at me again. But it still gives me a mission to meet Ulfric at solitude. I go but ulfric isn't there and I need a key to get in. WTF?
All of my auto saves are after the bear guy attacked me and the manual save before that is from like 5 days ago. I've already quit once because it just got too boring.
I think this might be what gets me to quit again. Phone Post
Thatll teach you from stealing Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.