UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/12/13 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Eggbert
1256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do I have to start a new character for the dragon born dlc on ps3? Phone Post
2/12/13 11:08 PM
Stache
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ No, you just have to trigger the new quest by running into a priest named Gjalund Salt-Sage. He spawns randomly apparently. I haven't started playing yet, might save it for the weekend, but you can read about it here.

http://geekitdown.com/how-to-start-dragonborn-skyrim/
2/13/13 7:00 PM
bradu
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just downloaded Hearthfire and Dragonborn (and I downloaded Dawnguard a few months ago but didn't get very far with it.)

Add-ons installed and I go to play, and all my save games are gone. On the one hand, bummer. On the other hand, the beginning of the game is the most fun anyway...looks like I'm starting over from scratch!

I always go in with this great idea for a different type of character, and then I end up doing the same type time after time....

sneaky, light armor, sword/dagger wielding assassin type. I love crafting, so I do tons of smithing, alchemy, and the like. I'm really tempted to try a mage because I never have, and a pure fighter is just boring to me.

I don't even know where to begin! I feel like a kid in a candy store! I'm gonna walk down the street and pick up a DQ Blizzard and mull over where to go from here...

Since I have not yet done any of the Dragonborn and Dawnguard quests, I'm thinking I should just jump right in to one of those, for a different experience at the beginning. Would you recommend starting with one over the other?

2/13/13 7:05 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dargonborn has some good quest and cool shouts.

Skyrim had taken more hours of my life than I care to admit lol. Phone Post
2/13/13 7:07 PM
Ruthless Rye
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dragonborn is geared towards higher level characters, bradu.
2/13/13 8:06 PM
Stache
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm afraid to start a new character now that I know how much there is to do. It's too big. I just can't put myself through that again.
2/13/13 10:44 PM
xNate
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hrm. I hate all my characters anyway.

Think Ill go Illusion/Necromancer(conjure undead only) Phone Post
2/13/13 11:04 PM
Stache

I just got attacked by some strange new mugly cultists.

Looks like it's time to whoop some ass!
2/13/13 11:16 PM
Jack Carter
1509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - I'm afraid to start a new character now that I know how much there is to do. It's too big. I just can't put myself through that again.
Haha I have the same fear. Wanna start over but I remember just how massive this game is Phone Post
2/13/13 11:21 PM
Stache

Jack Carter - 
Stache - I'm afraid to start a new character now that I know how much there is to do. It's too big. I just can't put myself through that again.
Haha I have the same fear. Wanna start over but I remember just how massive this game is Phone Post

Yeah I just don't think I could take it emotionally.
2/14/13 3:14 AM
bradu
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well now I'm conflicted...just hooked up to my main TV, and now my save games are back. I was all geared up to start over! What to do now....

2/14/13 11:26 AM
xNate
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -

Well now I'm conflicted...just hooked up to my main TV, and now my save games are back. I was all geared up to start over! What to do now....

Its weird once the udea of starting fresh gets in your head.

Decide if you are or not. Then plan how the build will be and stick to that plan. So you dont end up wasting perk points and come out of it with a better character. Phone Post
2/14/13 12:04 PM
slam1523
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at least use the skyrim perk calculator to plan out your build.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/
2/14/13 12:42 PM
dogfb
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love PC mods for this game.

I just downloaded a combat mod that makes the fighting 10x better. Plus all the mods that make the game look a lot better.

I think I have downloaded 30 mods so far that just improve the game in different ways and add more. Anyone else play on PC that use mods?

2/14/13 1:48 PM
Aussie Gumby
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

downloading it now...

as others have said, I'm wary of investing another huge number of hours into the game. By the end the loading times was really getting me down! And also combat had become pretty damn basic. I did such an epic amount of damage that nothing was a challenge. Kinda just went in anywhere with no strategy and just killed everything.

but to restart...

2/14/13 2:50 PM
Tangerine Dream
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aussie Gumby - downloading it now...

as others have said, I'm wary of investing another huge number of hours into the game. By the end the loading times was really getting me down! And also combat had become pretty damn basic. I did such an epic amount of damage that nothing was a challenge. Kinda just went in anywhere with no strategy and just killed everything.

but to restart...

Loading times killed it for me. I don't really care where I left an apple in Riften when I'm cave crashing by Solitude. Phone Post
2/14/13 2:54 PM
Tangerine Dream
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and when that bitxh said I wasn't fit to have a child.. Bitch I'm The Dragonborn, The Archmage of Winterhold College, The listener of the Dark Brotherhood, The top vampire motherfucker, The Leader of the Thieves Guild, The some fucking thing for the Companions, and the dude that killed his wife and STILL got an inheritance...

Bitch. Phone Post
2/14/13 4:27 PM
JonnyW
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - 

I just downloaded a combat mod that makes the fighting 10x better. Plus all the mods that make the game look a lot better.

I think I have downloaded 30 mods so far that just improve the game in different ways and add more. Anyone else play on PC that use mods?

PC is the only way to go when it comes to Bethesda's big games. The high res terrain mods make it so I don't know if I could even play on a console. I have a spell mod that adds shitloads of new spells for my mages, a weapons mod that adds tons of new weapons that aren't out of place or over-powered. And two of the best mods out there, Cloaks for Skyrim and Winter is Coming. Nothing like my Nordic warrior wearing his cave bear cloak and hood.
2/14/13 4:29 PM
JonnyW
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tangerine Dream - 
Aussie Gumby - downloading it now...

but to restart...

Loading times killed it for me. I don't really care where I left an apple in Riften when I'm cave crashing by Solitude. Phone Post

Another reason for these games on PC, load times are not nearly as bad.
2/14/13 4:32 PM
Mihow
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just realized I've hardly touched the main quest. Didn't play for 6 months than bam for the last two weeks and just randomly did quests until the main.

Just got out of Blackreach ... How much more main quest to go? Phone Post
2/14/13 4:38 PM
Stache

JonnyW - 
dogfb - 

PC is the only way to go when it comes to Bethesda's big games. The high res terrain mods make it so I don't know if I could even play on a console. I have a spell mod that adds shitloads of new spells for my mages, a weapons mod that adds tons of new weapons that aren't out of place or over-powered. And two of the best mods out there, Cloaks for Skyrim and Winter is Coming. Nothing like my Nordic warrior wearing his cave bear cloak and hood.

Yeah but how do you keep your PC from falling off the couch when you start jumping around?
2/14/13 4:42 PM
Stache

Mihow -  Just realized I've hardly touched the main quest. Didn't play for 6 months than bam for the last two weeks and just randomly did quests until the main.

Blackreach took me forever to find all those stupid glowing weeds, but the rest of the main questline is pretty short. Too short, imo.
2/16/13 9:08 PM
Stache

This is my first TES game.

Is Solstheim really like Morrowind, with the same creatures and giant mushrooms? I like the DLC so far.
2/16/13 10:16 PM
Trichoke7
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow -  Just realized I've hardly touched the main quest. Didn't play for 6 months than bam for the last two weeks and just randomly did quests until the main.

This is just my personal opinion but I think the main quest should be done before getting too off track with side quests. 

If you get to a high level before finishing the main quest then the final boss fight is anti-climatic because you are too strong. 

2/16/13 11:52 PM
dogfb
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/16/13 11:52 PM

You are pretty close to the end. After you get the elder scroll there is only a few more quests. It also depends how far you are with the civil war questline, because if you haven't finished that it adds an extra quest. 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.