UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

2/20/13 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bradu
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alchemy is possibly my favorite part of the game...and yet I very rarely actually USE potions.

I like to go to all the alchemy labs and steal everything they have sitting out, buy any ingredients they have for cheap, and continue that cycle until I have a buttload of ingredients. Then like I said I semi randomly create potions with the intent on discovering the effects of each ingredient. That way when I DO need certain potions, I can create them. I start by finding an effect I like, and I'll focus on that first, trying different ingredients with one that I know has that effect.

Then I can make some cash off all those potions I've just made. Arcadia's in Whiterun is a great place, because most places have limited gold...she's got over 1000 plus she offers training, so if you plan properly you can take in a shit ton of ingredients, buy a couple levels of training, and then she'll have more gold to buy all of the potions you just created.

2/20/13 2:28 PM
Eggbert
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -

Alchemy is possibly my favorite part of the game...and yet I very rarely actually USE potions.

I like to go to all the alchemy labs and steal everything they have sitting out, buy any ingredients they have for cheap, and continue that cycle until I have a buttload of ingredients. Then like I said I semi randomly create potions with the intent on discovering the effects of each ingredient. That way when I DO need certain potions, I can create them. I start by finding an effect I like, and I'll focus on that first, trying different ingredients with one that I know has that effect.

Then I can make some cash off all those potions I've just made. Arcadia's in Whiterun is a great place, because most places have limited gold...she's got over 1000 plus she offers training, so if you plan properly you can take in a shit ton of ingredients, buy a couple levels of training, and then she'll have more gold to buy all of the potions you just created.

Or you can just eat the ingredient and it tells you what it does Phone Post
2/20/13 2:45 PM
Lord Nitemare
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggbert - 
bradu -

...or you could be a Nord berserker and just cut their heads off.

2/20/13 3:14 PM
LittleKang
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Working the werewolf trying to get enough points into it. Sucks when i can only feed on humans to heal. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:17 PM
bradu
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggbert - 
bradu -

Correct, for the first property. I always do that the first time I find an ingredient. I don't think it's worth spending skill points for the perks to be able to learn the rest by eating them though.

2/20/13 8:40 PM
Eggbert
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -
Eggbert - 
bradu -

Correct, for the first property. I always do that the first time I find an ingredient. I don't think it's worth spending skill points for the perks to be able to learn the rest by eating them though.

Then you are not a true alchemist Phone Post
2/20/13 9:48 PM
Eggbert

Any feel bad about slaughtering reiklings? I feel like its a scene out of return of the Jedi when they're blasting ewoks Phone Post
2/20/13 10:32 PM
Jack Carter
763 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought being a vampire lord was supposed to rule

I thought being a werewolf was supposed to rule Phone Post
2/20/13 10:41 PM
Meohfumado
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -  I thought being a vampire lord was supposed to rule

I thought being a werewolf was supposed to rule Phone Post

Yeah, both suck.

Do more damage with my bow if Archer build...

Do more damage with my sword if warrior build...

Do more damage with my spells if wizard build...

Can't loot (although mods fix this)....

Just not enough advantages, even with Better Vampire mods, etc. to bother with it.
2/20/13 11:34 PM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I play on the highest difficulty but it's still pretty easy just sneaking around killing everything with my bow in 1-2 shots. 

2/21/13 1:56 AM
bradu

well I royally screwed up. Got a cure for my vampirism, went back to Fort Dawnguard to continue the Dawnguard quests...apparently, now that I started the vampire side of the quests, I cannot go back to the Dawnguard side! Going to a previous save isn't really an option, I was probably level 15 when I turned Vampire and now I'm lv 22. Did tons of shit.

Can't believe this hasn't happened to a bunch of people. So I guess Dawnguard was a big waste of money for me.

2/21/13 2:02 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leveling from 15 to 22 shouldn't take very long, should it? That's only a couple of hours IIRC.
2/21/13 2:02 AM
Shogun of Harlem
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu - 

well I royally screwed up. Got a cure for my vampirism, went back to Fort Dawnguard to continue the Dawnguard quests...apparently, now that I started the vampire side of the quests, I cannot go back to the Dawnguard side! Going to a previous save isn't really an option, I was probably level 15 when I turned Vampire and now I'm lv 22. Did tons of shit.

Can't believe this hasn't happened to a bunch of people. So I guess Dawnguard was a big waste of money for me.

Oh, I am level 22 now, I can't go back to level 15.

Motherfucker, I am level 79 and there is shit I can't go back and do. Just go back, douche bag.
2/21/13 2:04 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't started Dawnguard yet but I'm really liking Dragonborn. It's way bigger than I thought it would be. It seems like a whole game almost.
2/21/13 2:43 AM
bradu

Stache - Leveling from 15 to 22 shouldn't take very long, should it? That's only a couple of hours IIRC.

Well maybe it's not as bad as I'm thinking, but I've played several hours each of the last few days. I'm sure there are ways to level more quickly than what I'm doing, but I spent lots of hours doing alchemy and smithing

2/21/13 7:02 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm starting this game again today. Right now actually. I got a good bit into the main story the first time around, probably played for around 20-25 hours but I got bored and stopped playing.

That was months ago, I'm going to create a new character today and jump right back in. I think one of the reasons I got bored was becasue I was using magic all the time, I'm going to change it up and use a sword a shield which is something I rarely do in RPG's to be honest.

I think I'll make an orc. Can't wait to dive right back in, I have a feeling I'm going to be chipping away at this game for a long time :)

2/21/13 7:20 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm... Orc, Nord or Redguard. Not sure which one to choose...

2/21/13 8:04 AM
Stache

I did both Orc and Nord. I prefer the Nord, although the Orc is a little stronger early in the game.
2/21/13 8:09 AM
Fraser_Finlay

Stache - I did both Orc and Nord. I prefer the Nord, although the Orc is a little stronger early in the game.

I went with the Nord.

2/21/13 8:15 AM
Stache

Good man.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!
2/21/13 8:28 AM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.
2/21/13 8:46 AM
Lord Nitemare
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.

Nord warrior son.

and don't be a fag, don't use armor or a shield. Go in ass naked wielding a great sword like a boss.

2/21/13 8:47 AM
Lord Nitemare

On another note, wouldn't it kinda be fucked up if a Nord joined the legion? Wouldn't it be just a tad douchey? 

2/21/13 8:55 AM
Jack Carter
763 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -
in_different - I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.

Nord warrior son.

and don't be a fag, don't use armor or a shield. Go in ass naked wielding a great sword like a boss.

Sissies need swords

Fisting only! Phone Post
2/21/13 9:06 AM
Fraser_Finlay

in_different - I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.
Lol. You are in the EXACT same boat as me.

Use magic in every game, used magic in Skyrim and got bored (I got to level 32 with my High Elf, just deleted the save, zero fucks given). Just started again with a sword and shield wielding Nord Warrior!

I encourage you to jump back in, I'm doing it, you should too. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.