UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

2/16/13 9:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is my first TES game.

Is Solstheim really like Morrowind, with the same creatures and giant mushrooms? I like the DLC so far.
2/16/13 10:16 PM
Trichoke7
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow -  Just realized I've hardly touched the main quest. Didn't play for 6 months than bam for the last two weeks and just randomly did quests until the main.

Just got out of Blackreach ... How much more main quest to go? Phone Post

This is just my personal opinion but I think the main quest should be done before getting too off track with side quests. 

If you get to a high level before finishing the main quest then the final boss fight is anti-climatic because you are too strong. 

2/16/13 11:52 PM
dogfb
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/16/13 11:52 PM
Mihow -  Just realized I've hardly touched the main quest. Didn't play for 6 months than bam for the last two weeks and just randomly did quests until the main.

Just got out of Blackreach ... How much more main quest to go? Phone Post

You are pretty close to the end. After you get the elder scroll there is only a few more quests. It also depends how far you are with the civil war questline, because if you haven't finished that it adds an extra quest. 

2/17/13 8:27 AM
Aussie Gumby
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This time through I think I'm going to choose the Stormcloaks over Whiterun.

Just wondering, if I buy the house in Whiterun is it still mine if the Stormcloaks take over?

(Somewhat moot as I'm looking forward to Hearthfire so I can build my own...)
2/17/13 9:04 AM
Lord Nitemare
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The brotorious BIG - 
Stache -
Jack Carter - 
Stache - I'm afraid to start a new character now that I know how much there is to do. It's too big. I just can't put myself through that again.
Haha I have the same fear. Wanna start over but I remember just how massive this game is Phone Post

Yeah I just don't think I could take it emotionally.
Its honestly overwhelming Phone Post

I deleted my saves by accident...and I really want to get back into the game, but Im scared shitless...first off, Does the Oghma Infinium shit actually work? Second, is it really that taxing to start all over? 

...and third, would it make sense for a Nord Warrior to join the legion?

2/17/13 9:51 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that Oghma Infinium cheat. Best part of the game is leveling up and choosing perks.

Starting over isn't difficult if you haven't already finished the game before. I started over after getting to level 48 with my Orc character. I had around 150 hours at that point. My second charcter, a Nord, has around 350. I don't think I want to do it a third time.

And yes a Nord can join the Legion. There are many Nords already there.
2/17/13 9:59 AM
billydeewilliams
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And if you dl Dragonborn there is a BlackBook quest that after you beat it you can spend a single dragonsoul to reset any of yur skill perk trees to zero and get the perks back to re spend as you choose. I think you may can do more than one, but not sure if you can go back after you exit the mission. I havent tried to go back but it was one of the Black books. It may be as simple as reading it again. Phone Post
2/17/13 10:22 AM
xNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive started over about 12 times from lvl 45+. From shit characers to the Ps3 memory leak and even after it was fixed.

The recent patch + Dragonborn have really made it a new experience. Improved A.I. is tangible. I love the look and feel of the new armor.

I'm doing a Necromancer solo run. Illusion backbone with only undead summoning. Drive them to kill each other then raise the fallen to finish the others. Incredibly fun. It is difficult to keep from spending points with this build though. I had saved up 6 perk points while waiting for certain skills to rise. Phone Post
2/17/13 10:54 AM
Stache

billydeewilliams -  And if you dl Dragonborn there is a BlackBook quest that after you beat it you can spend a single dragonsoul to reset any of yur skill perk trees to zero and get the perks back to re spend as you choose. I think you may can do more than one, but not sure if you can go back after you exit the mission. I havent tried to go back but it was one of the Black books. It may be as simple as reading it again. Phone Post

Really? I just started Dragonborn. I'll have a look at my skill trees. I know I wasted some perks somewhere.
2/18/13 11:52 AM
bradu
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been having fun with my new character. One nice thing about restarting is it goes really fast, especially early on. I mean it takes nothing at all to get to about level 10. I usually have a 'rule of thumb' that I try to buy 5 skill points from trainers every level (to use up some money, plus make leveling go faster), but I can't actually keep up with the early levels. By the time I have the money saved up I've already hit the next level.

Anyway, I'm building my house which is fun and a bit easier than I expected. I like that you can just build the basic house for cheap and have room for storage as soon as you purchase. And then from there you can keep building on.

Just starting the Dawnguard questline now....

2/18/13 12:00 PM
Jack Carter
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xNate - Ive started over about 12 times from lvl 45+. From shit characers to the Ps3 memory leak and even after it was fixed.

The recent patch + Dragonborn have really made it a new experience. Improved A.I. is tangible. I love the look and feel of the new armor.

I'm doing a Necromancer solo run. Illusion backbone with only undead summoning. Drive them to kill each other then raise the fallen to finish the others. Incredibly fun. It is difficult to keep from spending points with this build though. I had saved up 6 perk points while waiting for certain skills to rise. Phone Post
Sounds fun!

I'm still not sure with direction to go with a new character, but yours sounds cool Phone Post
2/19/13 2:16 PM
Paintball
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

billydeewilliams -  And if you dl Dragonborn there is a BlackBook quest that after you beat it you can spend a single dragonsoul to reset any of yur skill perk trees to zero and get the perks back to re spend as you choose. I think you may can do more than one, but not sure if you can go back after you exit the mission. I havent tried to go back but it was one of the Black books. It may be as simple as reading it again. Phone Post

You can go back by reading the black book again and move the perks how you like. Cost a dragonsoul per perk, but worth it. No limit on the times you can do it as long as you have the dragonsouls to use. Waiting on Redguard or whatever they decide to name the next DLC.
2/19/13 3:47 PM
bradu
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hit level 20 last night. Having a harder time than I remember coming up with gold, I felt like it was always pretty plentiful. But as I recall, lv 20 is the exact point where it becomes more readily available, as suddenly now I'll start finding glass weapons and armor all over the place, right?

2/19/13 4:07 PM
xNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -

I hit level 20 last night. Having a harder time than I remember coming up with gold, I felt like it was always pretty plentiful. But as I recall, lv 20 is the exact point where it becomes more readily available, as suddenly now I'll start finding glass weapons and armor all over the place, right?

Easy gold.

Buy iron ore/mine > smelt
Kill animals for pelts
Craft iron daggers

Buy petty/lesser soul gems

Enchant and sell to merchants.

I suggest at least 1 perk in speech

Kill dragons, sell bones to alchemists and traders. Buy up soul gems if they dont have enough money to buy your stuff. Phone Post
2/19/13 8:36 PM
bradu

Ugh, I think I hate being a vampire. Think I made the wrong choice, there. I don't like when I'm forced into 3rd person view. Maybe I just need more practice as a vampire lord, but the couple times I've switched I just get killed really quick.

2/19/13 10:50 PM
dogfb
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu - 

Ugh, I think I hate being a vampire. Think I made the wrong choice, there. I don't like when I'm forced into 3rd person view. Maybe I just need more practice as a vampire lord, but the couple times I've switched I just get killed really quick.

You can cure yourself. I hated being a vampire too. 

2/20/13 12:59 PM
bradu

Yeah I'm gonna start looking for the cure I suppose. Last night I remembered why I love and hate this game...I had a couple hours to play, plenty of time to get some stuff done, right? I spent the entire time just working on alchemy! I had a stash of ingredients saved up and I was just (semi-randomly) trying out combinations to attempt to discover ingredient effects. The good news is I discovered just about every effect for all the ingredients in my inventory and made a couple grand. But I spent 2 hours and that's ALL I did!

Yes, I know that I could just look in the strategy guide and combine like ingredients, but that feels like cheating. However, in the interest of saving time from here on out, I just may do that. Time is money....

2/20/13 1:38 PM
dogfb

I'm level 60 and haven't even touched Alchemy. I probably will level it just to level my character higher. 

2/20/13 1:48 PM
bradu

Alchemy is possibly my favorite part of the game...and yet I very rarely actually USE potions.

I like to go to all the alchemy labs and steal everything they have sitting out, buy any ingredients they have for cheap, and continue that cycle until I have a buttload of ingredients. Then like I said I semi randomly create potions with the intent on discovering the effects of each ingredient. That way when I DO need certain potions, I can create them. I start by finding an effect I like, and I'll focus on that first, trying different ingredients with one that I know has that effect.

Then I can make some cash off all those potions I've just made. Arcadia's in Whiterun is a great place, because most places have limited gold...she's got over 1000 plus she offers training, so if you plan properly you can take in a shit ton of ingredients, buy a couple levels of training, and then she'll have more gold to buy all of the potions you just created.

2/20/13 2:28 PM
Eggbert
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -

Alchemy is possibly my favorite part of the game...and yet I very rarely actually USE potions.

I like to go to all the alchemy labs and steal everything they have sitting out, buy any ingredients they have for cheap, and continue that cycle until I have a buttload of ingredients. Then like I said I semi randomly create potions with the intent on discovering the effects of each ingredient. That way when I DO need certain potions, I can create them. I start by finding an effect I like, and I'll focus on that first, trying different ingredients with one that I know has that effect.

Then I can make some cash off all those potions I've just made. Arcadia's in Whiterun is a great place, because most places have limited gold...she's got over 1000 plus she offers training, so if you plan properly you can take in a shit ton of ingredients, buy a couple levels of training, and then she'll have more gold to buy all of the potions you just created.

Or you can just eat the ingredient and it tells you what it does Phone Post
2/20/13 2:45 PM
Lord Nitemare
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggbert - 
bradu -

...or you could be a Nord berserker and just cut their heads off.

2/20/13 3:14 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Working the werewolf trying to get enough points into it. Sucks when i can only feed on humans to heal. Phone Post
2/20/13 3:17 PM
bradu

Eggbert - 
bradu -

Correct, for the first property. I always do that the first time I find an ingredient. I don't think it's worth spending skill points for the perks to be able to learn the rest by eating them though.

2/20/13 8:40 PM
Eggbert
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bradu -
Eggbert - 
bradu -

Correct, for the first property. I always do that the first time I find an ingredient. I don't think it's worth spending skill points for the perks to be able to learn the rest by eating them though.

Then you are not a true alchemist Phone Post
2/20/13 9:48 PM
Eggbert

Any feel bad about slaughtering reiklings? I feel like its a scene out of return of the Jedi when they're blasting ewoks Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.