Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingo Weigold - If I liked Mass Effect will I enjoy this? Phone Post
My favorite two games ever. So yesz Phone Post
2/21/13 4:37 PM
Meohfumado
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - There is a mod out for the PC that I love. I forget the name, but it adds in cold weather survival to the game. You can't just run around with no cloths on. Makings fires and dressing warm is key in snow.

Just adds another layer of awesome

Two mods I know that do this...

Frostfall:   http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11163

Hypothermia:    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6745

I prefer Frostfall.  I love it when playing a Hunter type, or when starting out.  I use it to even turn off fast travel, so you have to plan all your expeditions ahead of time, can't just fast travel everywhere.  Incredibly immersive, particularly when combined with Eat/Drink/Sleep/Bathe type immersion mods.  

I also use the Ranger Cabin mod so I can have little stashes all around, since I can't just fast-travel back to my "base" whenever I'm overloaded, or need to recuperate.  

"Oh you are going to the Shrine of Azura?  Best put on some furs, and take some wood with you for campfires, and better build a tent, with some bedrolls, etc."

Once I get up in levels though, around level 60, I turn fast travel back on....cause who wants to have to run around for all the Brotherhood quests, or Thieves Guild heists...fast travel pretty much necessary at that point.

2/21/13 4:39 PM
Meohfumado
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, alternate mount mods are awesome.

I'm currently riding a giant spider.

Although I think I'm going to make a Bear-riding Barbarian pretty soon.
2/21/13 4:42 PM
Lord Nitemare
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meohfumado - 
disbeliever - There is a mod out for the PC that I love. I forget the name, but it adds in cold weather survival to the game. You can't just run around with no cloths on. Makings fires and dressing warm is key in snow.

I prefer Frostfall.  I love it when playing a Hunter type, or when starting out.  I use it to even turn off fast travel, so you have to plan all your expeditions ahead of time, can't just fast travel everywhere.  Incredibly immersive, particularly when combined with Eat/Drink/Sleep/Bathe type immersion mods.  

I also use the Ranger Cabin mod so I can have little stashes all around, since I can't just fast-travel back to my "base" whenever I'm overloaded, or need to recuperate.  

"Oh you are going to the Shrine of Azura?  Best put on some furs, and take some wood with you for campfires, and better build a tent, with some bedrolls, etc."

Once I get up in levels though, around level 60, I turn fast travel back on....cause who wants to have to run around for all the Brotherhood quests, or Thieves Guild heists...fast travel pretty much necessary at that point.

There's a mod for showering, and shitting - and Im assuming fucking as well. There has to be an eating mod, otherwise the shitting mod just wouldn't make sense.

2/21/13 4:46 PM
Meohfumado

Lord Nitemare - 
Meohfumado - 

There's a mod for showering, and shitting - and Im assuming fucking as well. There has to be an eating mod, otherwise the shitting mod just wouldn't make sense.

There are tons of eating/drinking mods. Just go with what level of customization/immersion is for you.

PLENTY of sex mods out there.

Hadn't seen a shitting mod....not sure I need to. Don't think that level of immersion is quite necessary. Fighting dragon...your attacks do half damage because you are sporting a turtle-head and gotta take a shit....lol.
2/21/13 5:05 PM
dogfb
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My character is a Ranger type. Archery, light armour, 1 hand swords, and sneak.

Anyone else play like this?

2/21/13 11:57 PM
bradu
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - 

that's pretty much my build too, every time, with every TES game. Also focus on alchemy, enchanting, and smithing. I'm noticing that I like archery more as I use it more, especially in dungeons and wilderness where you can sneak up. I like being an archer assassin, poising the arrow for a 1 shot kill.

2/22/13 12:33 AM
FingerorMoon
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay -  ^

I'm gonna stick with Sword and Shield for a little bit but from what I've played so far the shield is kinda pointless.... I might switch to Two-Handed weapons if it doesn't get any better. Phone Post

Shields bah! Nords laugh at shields!

Get yourself a giant two handed weapon and just swing for the fence. Its awesome.
2/22/13 5:11 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon -
Fraser_Finlay -  ^

I'm gonna stick with Sword and Shield for a little bit but from what I've played so far the shield is kinda pointless.... I might switch to Two-Handed weapons if it doesn't get any better. Phone Post

Shields bah! Nords laugh at shields!

Get yourself a giant two handed weapon and just swing for the fence. Its awesome.
Thinking about it... Phone Post
2/22/13 5:23 AM
Aussie Gumby

bradu - 
dogfb - 

that's pretty much my build too, every time, with every TES game. Also focus on alchemy, enchanting, and smithing. I'm noticing that I like archery more as I use it more, especially in dungeons and wilderness where you can sneak up. I like being an archer assassin, poising the arrow for a 1 shot kill.

my first go through I had exactly this.

got a little boring by the end as I was doing over 400 damage with every shot of the bow!

This time I'm total magic-user. Completely different style of play so the game's very interesting again
2/22/13 11:32 AM
TANK BROS
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bethesda really wants you to hate Miraak, dudes a dick stealing my dragon souls n shit.

2/22/13 11:47 AM
Jack Carter
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aussie Gumby -
bradu - 
dogfb - 

my first go through I had exactly this.

got a little boring by the end as I was doing over 400 damage with every shot of the bow!

This time I'm total magic-user. Completely different style of play so the game's very interesting again
What's your focus? Conjugation? Phone Post
2/22/13 11:48 AM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just restarted skyrim. cant bring myself to make anything but a warrior, never liked casters. May force myself to play a scout or archer. I havent played any of the DLC, so i'm excited to get back into it.

2/22/13 11:54 AM
Eggbert
977 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brandable -

just restarted skyrim. cant bring myself to make anything but a warrior, never liked casters. May force myself to play a scout or archer. I havent played any of the DLC, so i'm excited to get back into it.

Initial go through was heavy armour war hammer bezerker. This time I'm enchanted glass armour archer with dual glass swords. Armour is up over 1100 and bow does over 500. I'm a fricken sniper! Completely changed the game and made it much more enjoyable Phone Post
2/22/13 12:03 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm replaying as a destruction mage, light armor. I can rape anything one on one but have problems with multiple enemies. I have zero defense.
2/22/13 12:47 PM
SiftMyMind is a Genius

Had to buy Game of Thrones season 2 this week, so SKYRIM will have to wait. 8(

2/22/13 1:07 PM
BillyRayChubbs
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/22/13 2:00 PM
JediJitsu
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
2/22/13 2:08 PM
bradu
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone else feel like they sometimes get stuck in a loop in Skyrim, doing the same things over and over? Especially with Alchemy, I tend to do this:

Run to each alchemist's shop in each city, stealing everything that's out and buying useful ingredients. Once I get through them all, I sit down and craft a shit ton of potions, giving me plenty to sell. I then have to go back through each town, selling until each vendor is broke. Often by the time I get to this, they've restocked so I steal everything again.

Between the alchemy, and picking up random smithing/enchanting supplies and working through those, I've gone through the last 10 levels only doing 2 or 3 quests. I'm starting to think I should just skip all that stuff for a bit and go do some dungeon crawling/questing.

2/22/13 2:29 PM
xNate
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's the beauty of it. Do what you want.

Btw, sell off to trade merchants as well. Phone Post
2/22/13 3:10 PM
disbeliever
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
bradu - 

Does anyone else feel like they sometimes get stuck in a loop in Skyrim, doing the same things over and over? Especially with Alchemy, I tend to do this:

Run to each alchemist's shop in each city, stealing everything that's out and buying useful ingredients. Once I get through them all, I sit down and craft a shit ton of potions, giving me plenty to sell. I then have to go back through each town, selling until each vendor is broke. Often by the time I get to this, they've restocked so I steal everything again.

Between the alchemy, and picking up random smithing/enchanting supplies and working through those, I've gone through the last 10 levels only doing 2 or 3 quests. I'm starting to think I should just skip all that stuff for a bit and go do some dungeon crawling/questing.

If you want more challenge there are mods to make it much harder

assuming you are on PC
2/22/13 3:19 PM
dogfb
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - 
bradu - 

If you want more challenge there are mods to make it much harder

assuming you are on PC

Deadly Dragons and Duel - Combat Realism are two awesome mods that make it more difficult (and fun!)

2/22/13 3:34 PM
bradu

I wish...I'm on xBox

2/22/13 3:42 PM
disbeliever
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
bradu - 

I wish...I'm on xBox

2/22/13 4:18 PM
bradu

disbeliever - 
bradu - 

I wish...I'm on xBox

I hear you, with each Elder Scrolls release, I've been VERY tempted to try to scrounge up enough money for a gaming laptop...I really need a new computer anyway, but just won't have the money for a couple months at least, and even then I might not be able to afford something for gaming.

I would LOVE playing with mods...I'm very specific about the games I play and wanting it my way...I would love mods that add more variety, new items and stuff especially. I'm not one of those power gamers who's so good at video games they need harder difficulty levels, but I do think a balanced economy is important.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.