UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

2/21/13 9:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Nitemare
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - There is a mod out for the PC that I love. I forget the name, but it adds in cold weather survival to the game. You can't just run around with no cloths on. Makings fires and dressing warm is key in snow.

Just adds another layer of awesome

I was thinking about buying a pc specifically for all the mods you can have for Skyrim. Between the graphics mods, the additional violence mods (self explanatory, a shit load of more blood), as you said the cold weather mods - it seems that it could literally be the perfect game out there.

2/21/13 9:33 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - There is a mod out for the PC that I love. I forget the name, but it adds in cold weather survival to the game. You can't just run around with no cloths on. Makings fires and dressing warm is key in snow.

That sounds awesome! Too bad I'm playing on Xbox, lol! Phone Post
2/21/13 9:43 AM
LittleKang
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -
TANK BROS - 
Lord Nitemare - 

On another note, wouldn't it kinda be fucked up if a Nord joined the legion? Wouldn't it be just a tad douchey? 

i think Legate Rikke, General Tullius'  first officer is a Nord.  

I mean Romans are some bad motherfuckers, but it just seems really douchey to not become some badass Viking Savage. It's just the weapons and armor they give you suck some nice donkey dick. 

My dark elf rocks the bow and one handed-shield combo. Sneaky sneaky elf that can one hit almost everything.
Nothing is better then sniping one guy with a bow then have his friend come over to see what happened and him get sniped too Phone Post
2/21/13 10:02 AM
disbeliever
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Lord Nitemare - 
disbeliever - There is a mod out for the PC that I love. I forget the name, but it adds in cold weather survival to the game. You can't just run around with no cloths on. Makings fires and dressing warm is key in snow.

I was thinking about buying a pc specifically for all the mods you can have for Skyrim. Between the graphics mods, the additional violence mods (self explanatory, a shit load of more blood), as you said the cold weather mods - it seems that it could literally be the perfect game out there.

It really is awesome all you can add on
2/21/13 10:35 AM
Trichoke7
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got Hearthfire and none of the mines have ore in them. 

I went and got corundum ore and now every mine I go to has no ore.

2/21/13 11:45 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay -  I'm interested in using a Greatsword. I noticed that Nord's get a boost to Two-Handed weapons.

What do you guys prefer? Two-Handed or One-Handed and a Shield? Phone Post

Dual wielding swords berzerker style is pretty awesome. Greatswords too. Shields I find pretty boring actually.
2/21/13 12:10 PM
bradu
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Belethor went out of business. Since downloading all of the add-ons, his shop has never once been open.

I just realized I've been underutilizing my extra hand. I run around with a sword and then a magic hand, but I go back and forth between the flames and healing spells that you get at the beginning of the game...that's gotta be a waste! I'd be much better off dual-wielding, wouldn't I?

I did decide to back track and go Dawnguard instead of Vampire, it put me back 6 levels but at least I can redo a couple things the right way this time.

Trichoke, I like your Game of Thrones idea, I've always liked to base my RPG characters off of either characters from a show or book or world, or else have some tie to something else...for instance, with Icewind Dale I named my party after A Perfect Circle songs (Magdalena, Thomas, Rose, Brena, Orestes, Judith...thought they were all good RPG names anyway). My current character is loosely based on Dexter Morgan (named him Mordex) though I better start the killing pretty soon. I've just been levelling as opposed to role-playing.

2/21/13 12:11 PM
Lord Nitemare
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you guys deal with seperating TES, GOT, and The Lord of the Rings/Hobbit?

2/21/13 12:50 PM
in_different
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - 
in_different - I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.
Lol. You are in the EXACT same boat as me.

Use magic in every game, used magic in Skyrim and got bored (I got to level 32 with my High Elf, just deleted the save, zero fucks given). Just started again with a sword and shield wielding Nord Warrior!

I encourage you to jump back in, I'm doing it, you should too. Phone Post

Screw it, i'll do it. why not. but i may use two swords instead cuz I got waay too into Spartacus. lol
2/21/13 12:52 PM
Little Ron
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So i am on my second full play-through of Skyrim. My first was a mage which did the Imperial Quest / Mage College and a bunch of misc.

Second time through a argonian thief/warrior (great sword/heavy/sneak/lockpick). Finished thiefs guild and doing dark brotherhood now. Will eventually do the Nords quest.

Are the expansions worth it once ive completed most of the main game on these two charts? Is there enough new fresh content to start over with the three?
2/21/13 1:45 PM
ItwasAlwaysFumbles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the dlc was very tastefully done, but if you go one over the other I suggest Dragonborn. The island of solstheim is a very cool addition...I've had it since the day it came out and I'm still finding little shit here and there that I missed. Plus anyone who's been playing since the morrowwind days will recognize a few places, since it's basically the same island that was featured in the bloodmoon expansion. I dig the continuity. All in all, well worth the time. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:03 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dragonborn has got me excited about Skyrim all over again.

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in!
2/21/13 2:14 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different -
Fraser_Finlay - 
in_different - I'm one of those people that use magic in every game I play, but I stopped one time and never picked up skyrim again. So i think I want to start from scratch, any suggestions? Sword and shield? I just want to level quick and fuck shit up.
Lol. You are in the EXACT same boat as me.

Use magic in every game, used magic in Skyrim and got bored (I got to level 32 with my High Elf, just deleted the save, zero fucks given). Just started again with a sword and shield wielding Nord Warrior!

I encourage you to jump back in, I'm doing it, you should too. Phone Post

Screw it, i'll do it. why not. but i may use two swords instead cuz I got waay too into Spartacus. lol
Good to hear!

It's really weird that we both decided to jump back into Skyrim after getting bored playing the same way the first time around. On the same day no less, lol! Phone Post
2/21/13 2:14 PM
Fraser_Finlay

^

I'm gonna stick with Sword and Shield for a little bit but from what I've played so far the shield is kinda pointless.... I might switch to Two-Handed weapons if it doesn't get any better. Phone Post
2/21/13 2:20 PM
Lord Nitemare

Fraser_Finlay -  ^

I'm gonna stick with Sword and Shield for a little bit but from what I've played so far the shield is kinda pointless.... I might switch to Two-Handed weapons if it doesn't get any better. Phone Post

If you're in the legion, or rather you actually want to be a professional warrior - use a shield. If you're just ducking around, don't use it. It's pointless.

2/21/13 2:24 PM
Fraser_Finlay

Lord Nitemare -
Fraser_Finlay -  ^

If you're in the legion, or rather you actually want to be a professional warrior - use a shield. If you're just ducking around, don't use it. It's pointless.

I keep trying to block but a lot of attacks are getting through (especially arrows), I'm guessing it's because I've just started the game again and my block skill is only like 25, lol Phone Post
2/21/13 2:40 PM
TANK BROS
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - 
Lord Nitemare -
Fraser_Finlay -  ^

I keep trying to block but a lot of attacks are getting through (especially arrows), I'm guessing it's because I've just started the game again and my block skill is only like 25, lol Phone Post

theres a perk for blocking arrows as you level up your block skill.

2/21/13 2:48 PM
Ingo Weigold
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
If I liked Mass Effect will I enjoy this? Phone Post
2/21/13 3:20 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingo Weigold - If I liked Mass Effect will I enjoy this? Phone Post
My favorite two games ever. So yesz Phone Post
2/21/13 4:37 PM
Meohfumado
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two mods I know that do this...

Frostfall:   http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11163

Hypothermia:    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6745

I prefer Frostfall.  I love it when playing a Hunter type, or when starting out.  I use it to even turn off fast travel, so you have to plan all your expeditions ahead of time, can't just fast travel everywhere.  Incredibly immersive, particularly when combined with Eat/Drink/Sleep/Bathe type immersion mods.  

I also use the Ranger Cabin mod so I can have little stashes all around, since I can't just fast-travel back to my "base" whenever I'm overloaded, or need to recuperate.  

"Oh you are going to the Shrine of Azura?  Best put on some furs, and take some wood with you for campfires, and better build a tent, with some bedrolls, etc."

Once I get up in levels though, around level 60, I turn fast travel back on....cause who wants to have to run around for all the Brotherhood quests, or Thieves Guild heists...fast travel pretty much necessary at that point.

2/21/13 4:39 PM
Meohfumado
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, alternate mount mods are awesome.

I'm currently riding a giant spider.

Although I think I'm going to make a Bear-riding Barbarian pretty soon.
2/21/13 4:42 PM
Lord Nitemare

Meohfumado - 

I prefer Frostfall.  I love it when playing a Hunter type, or when starting out.  I use it to even turn off fast travel, so you have to plan all your expeditions ahead of time, can't just fast travel everywhere.  Incredibly immersive, particularly when combined with Eat/Drink/Sleep/Bathe type immersion mods.  

I also use the Ranger Cabin mod so I can have little stashes all around, since I can't just fast-travel back to my "base" whenever I'm overloaded, or need to recuperate.  

"Oh you are going to the Shrine of Azura?  Best put on some furs, and take some wood with you for campfires, and better build a tent, with some bedrolls, etc."

Once I get up in levels though, around level 60, I turn fast travel back on....cause who wants to have to run around for all the Brotherhood quests, or Thieves Guild heists...fast travel pretty much necessary at that point.

There's a mod for showering, and shitting - and Im assuming fucking as well. There has to be an eating mod, otherwise the shitting mod just wouldn't make sense.

2/21/13 4:46 PM
Meohfumado

Lord Nitemare - 
Meohfumado - 

There's a mod for showering, and shitting - and Im assuming fucking as well. There has to be an eating mod, otherwise the shitting mod just wouldn't make sense.

There are tons of eating/drinking mods. Just go with what level of customization/immersion is for you.

PLENTY of sex mods out there.

Hadn't seen a shitting mod....not sure I need to. Don't think that level of immersion is quite necessary. Fighting dragon...your attacks do half damage because you are sporting a turtle-head and gotta take a shit....lol.
2/21/13 5:05 PM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My character is a Ranger type. Archery, light armour, 1 hand swords, and sneak.

Anyone else play like this?

2/21/13 11:57 PM
bradu
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dogfb - 

My character is a Ranger type. Archery, light armour, 1 hand swords, and sneak.

Anyone else play like this?

that's pretty much my build too, every time, with every TES game. Also focus on alchemy, enchanting, and smithing. I'm noticing that I like archery more as I use it more, especially in dungeons and wilderness where you can sneak up. I like being an archer assassin, poising the arrow for a 1 shot kill.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.