UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> SKYRIM

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/10/13 12:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Nitemare
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a high powered gaming laptop, and modded the fuck out it's graphics. i hated actually doing the modding itself, it took too long, and I got a few viruses that I had to get rid of (which took longer than expected). But it was well worth it. I'm running he superb ENB mod right now, as well as luscious grass/trees, lets not forget the water mod - it looks photorealistic,.

For all you modders, recommend me some more graphics mods - I like superb ENB the most hence why I chose it. Any thoughts on it?

6/13/13 11:54 AM
JonnyW
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont use any of the ENB type graphics mods as I like the washed out look the game has. I do use some high res texture mods though.

Check out this thread for mods oger's are using:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2168585&page=1
6/13/13 12:11 PM
Lord Nitemare
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ thanks dude, I installed a fuck load of em....problem is, Don't know which ones I'll have to take out.

6/13/13 8:22 PM
I AM A MOFO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SecretSeraphim - How cheap can I pick this up used? Phone Post 3.0

$27.99 at Gamestop. $30 for a new copy, so may as well get that.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/89142

^Same for 360.

However they just released the "Legendary Edition". Price of a new game, but with $40+ worth of (very good) DLC. Worth it, especially if you would like to make a werewolf/vampire character. But even if you don't care about that. More than worth it.
6/13/13 8:35 PM
Stache
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's definitely worth it. Just be prepared to waste six months of your life. No joke.
6/14/13 6:40 PM
DamirioN
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought this game around the beginning of the year so I'm on month six now. I just recently started a new character again and am playing him fairly differently so I imagine I'll be losing another six at least.
6/15/13 2:41 AM
Eggbert
1254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may have gone overboard. Playing on ps3 and I used the restoration loop to make some rediculous enchanting potions. Used them to make some smithing armour and final result is just a regular iron gaffer upgraded and its worth over 166 million. A bit much Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 2:41 AM
Eggbert
1254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dagger* Phone Post 3.0
7/2/13 3:46 PM
Jack Carter
1493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37216//?

CIVIL WAR OVERHAUL

7/2/13 3:47 PM
Jack Carter
1493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/02/13 3:48 PM

ttt

7/2/13 3:49 PM
Jack Carter

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37256/?

7/2/13 5:28 PM
Stache
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That looks ridiculous!
7/5/13 8:56 PM
Jack Carter

Skyrim is a beautiful game, my friends.

I just got fished slaughtering a cave of Giants. They had a sweet ass crib:

7/5/13 10:18 PM
bradu
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamirioN - So I started a new character and have intentionally avoided doing any smithing or enchanting and I have to say I'm having the most fun out of any of my playthroughs.

The game doesn't become too easy and I find myself getting really excited about any new loot I find as its usually an upgrade from my iron/steel shit I'd been wearing. Level 16 or so and am still waiting to find my first piece of enchanted heavy armor. Phone Post 3.0

Intriguing idea that I may try. I agree things get out of control, so it ends up being more fun if you set certain limits. I do love the crafting aspects though, so I'm not sure I want to do that.

I did something that's almost just the opposite though. I made a thief/assassin type character who was basically self-sufficient. The rules I set for myself were:

I can only sell goods that I steal, I can't sell loot that I get from adventuring.

I can only use weapons and armor that I've created myself

8/10/13 5:18 PM
Jack Carter

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37994/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D37994

Falskaar

Falskaar is a new lands mod that adds an entirely new worldspace to the world. It's accessed by a dungeon the first time, then by boat from then on out. Falskaar's goal was to act as a DLC, adding content in almost every area. There is a new land, places, people, quests, dungeons and more for the player to experience. It adds roughly 20+ hours of content, and favors all types of characters.

This is NOT a beta. This is NOT a test version. This is a 100% completed new lands mod.

Features
- An entirely new land independant of Tamriel, roughly the size of 2-3 Skyrim holds.
- 20-30+ hours of gameplay.
- 26 quests, including a 9 quest long main story, and 17 side quests! (Along with some unmarked content)
- New items including new books, recipes, weapons and armors. (A mix of brand new, and retextured)
- Two new spells and a new shout.
- A bard with several unique new songs.
- A soundtrack containing 14 brand new tracks composed by Adamm Khuevrr just for Falskaar, adding more than 40 minutes of new music!
- A fully voiced experience, featuring almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors and actresses.

Not all quests in this mod blatantly hold your hand. If you seem to be stuck, look around and think through the quest. All quests were rigorously tested for complete-ability, so it's more likely than not that you just have to figure it out without a blatant quest marker telling you what to do.

8/30/13 7:05 PM
Jack Carter

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40607/?

Skyrim - Undeath

Storyline

When a powerful necromancer and his followers seek out the forbidden secrets of immortality that could threaten Skyrim, will you defeat him to stop his evil quest, or continue it yourself?

Uncover a small new questline that will take you to the frigid peaks of the Dragontail Mountains themselves, and beyond, as you pursue a powerful necromancer and his followers, and thwart their plans to acquire powerful artifacts and ingredients for an unholy ritual. What you choose to do with those reagents, and the forbidden knowledge they have stolen however, is up to you...

Features

Current Version: 1.0.0

'Skyrim: Undeath' is an add-on for TESV: Skyrim that will give the player the opportunity to become, through the course of their long and arduous journey of exploration and study, a terrifying and destructive undead Lich. 'Undeath' also adds a host of necromancy themed content, both new and old, which does not modify existing perks in any way.

Dawnguard AND Dragonborn add-ons are required in order to play.

• Undeath Questline: A fully featured questline that allows the player to discover and obtain the necessary components for the ritual of undeath.
  • 3 new dungeons: Delve into the sewer network beneath Skyrim's capital of Solitude and root out its unseemly resident. Explore Hermaeus-Mora's Daedric realm of Oblivion in search of dark and buried secrets, and for those familiar with TES: Daggerfall, return to the Dragontail Mountains and the infamous crypt network that the King of Worms and his sinister followers once called home at Scourg Barrow.
  • 2 necromancer lairs: Claim two new fittingly desolate lairs for necromancer or dark themed characters to call their own, and upgrade as they see fit.
  • New Vendor: Seek out the mysterious 'Broker' and barter for poisons, black soul gems, flesh and hearts. A purveyor of resources other merchants would not dare to provide!
  • Shade of the Revenant: Show your devotion to the Black Arts by offering grand soul gems to the forgotten patron of Necromancy at his altars. Evoke dark magic to blacken Grand and greater soul gems for your use!
  • Poison Spells: A range of virulent poison and decay spells have been added to magical vendors across Skyrim as would befit the arsenal of a necromage.
  • Dark Pact: There is great power in the spilling of blood. Make an offering of your own at certain altars and gain the power to control up to five reanimated creatures at once.
  • Imported Books: A range of necromantic lore, new and old has been imported from past TES titles.

Coming in the next update!

• Custom Soundtrack: Full custom soundtrack for all new areas composed by León van der Stadt.
  • Voiced NPCs: Fully voiced new vendor and possibly more!

About

Skyrim - Undeath is my (one of many in Skyrim's modding history) attempt to create an immersive Lichdom mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It will have a questline that sees the player track down and stop a powerful necromancer and his followers who are seeking the lost secrets of this heretical transformation, and ensure they remain hidden... or claim them for themselves. This mod will require both Dawnguard AND Dragonborn.

This was a personal project I began a while back, and I've been working on it whenever I've had the chance for a very long time. The ability for a character to transcend their mortality and become an immortal undead Lich is always a concept that has fascinated and excited me, but actually making this a reality in Skyrim has taken a lot of work.

In many ways, the path to modifying Skyrim to allow the player to become a Lich has felt like the actual elusive, and arcane process of Lichdom itself. I've researched and studied necromancy and lore for years to implement it in a sensible way, and had to learn the esoteric Black Arts of scripting, modelling and texturing to fulfill my ambitions. I've seen many great projects filled with passion and great ideas rise and fall around this concept, with others attempting the process giving up in frustration or lack of time. But through determination, perseverance and many months of insane experiments that has driven me almost to the very brink of my sanity, I have almost finally achieved my goal.

8/30/13 7:26 PM
Stache

I've been playing FO3 for a while now and, while it's great, it's no Skyrim. The musical score and audio effects take this game to a different level.

And I hate you PC gamers. That shit's just not fair.
8/30/13 7:57 PM
Vette13
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - I've been playing FO3 for a while now and, while it's great, it's no Skyrim. The musical score and audio effects take this game to a different level.

And I hate you PC gamers. That shit's just not fair.
IMO Fallout is superior to Skyrim. I absolutely love both though. Phone Post
8/30/13 8:02 PM
Jack Carter

Great games. They offer different types of experiences.

8/30/13 8:15 PM
Stache

How is FO superior, Vette?

8/30/13 8:32 PM
Vette13
673 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stache - How is FO superior, Vette?

I have a thing for post-apocalyptic settings.  The sense of foreboding in Fallout is palpable.  I love the futuristic/nostalgic fusion theme they have going on as well.  To include the soundtrack.  What an awesome fucking soundtrack!!  I know it's not as epic as Skyrim, but I just have more of a connection with Fallout.  LIke I said though, I love both dearly.

8/30/13 8:42 PM
Stache

That's cool. I love em both, too. Best two games I've ever played.

The leveling system in Skyrim is also better, imo. FO's is more confusing and I don't like that you have no control over when it happens. In Skyrim you have time to figure out what to do before activiating the leveling screen.

8/30/13 8:47 PM
Stache

I would love to see another FO that builds on the improvements made in Skyrim. That game might take the cake.
8/30/13 9:53 PM
Vette13

Stache - I would love to see another FO that builds on the improvements made in Skyrim. That game might take the cake.

Yeah that's what I am banking on.  By the time a new FO game comes out, it will be on the Xbox One, so it should visually orgasmic on top of all the other improvements I expect them to make.  They fucking better!!

8/31/13 1:21 AM
Stache

And for PS4 too!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.