UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Overeem: Brock is going to get knocked off

11/12/11 2:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sergio Non: How do you think it's going to go with Saturday's fight?

Alistair Overeem: Saturday's fight is going to be very exciting. You've got two of the top four heavyweights, I would say, Cain and JDS.

Cain having a strong overall game, excellent wrestling, good cardio, good conditioning. JDS having dangerous punching, good punching, good hands.

So it's going to be very hard to predict because they're both very strong athletes. They're peaking at the moment. It's going to be dependent on the form of the day and game plan.

SN: After so long with Golden Glory, how difficult is it to settle in with a new gym?

AO: It's not difficult. I've changed gyms numerous times in my career. I'd been with Golden Glory 11 years, but even within Golden Glory, I changed gyms; changed trainers; changed sparring partners.

So for me, I've been there, done that. I don't really perceive that as a very big issue.

SN: Leaving your contractual differences aside for the moment, is there anything you miss from Golden Glory?

AO: There's nothing I miss. There's nothing I miss.

Basically, I already formed my own team around me. My own personal, assistant team, management team, as it were. They take care of all the headaches, all my needs.

They were already doing that for the last two years. Taking care of plane tickets. Staying in touch with sparring partners. Arranging, setting up appointments, doing my agenda. They were already doing that. That had nothing to do with Golden Glory.

Golden Glory did the fight contracts. Next to that, they arranged some partners. Next to that, they didn't do anything.

SN: Conventional wisdom -- which I'm sure you disagree with -- is that you won't be able to stop Brock's takedown. Why are they wrong?

AO: Brock's a strong guy, but so am I ... I don't really like to talk about fight prep or the fight.

What I can tell you is, I see myself as the No. 1. Dec. 30 is going to be one step closer to get there.

Brock is going to get knocked off, if not the first round, then I promise you the second round. But I'm going to win 100%. That's all there is to it.

Read entire article...

Alistair Overeem fights Brock Lesnar at UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem on December 30, 2011, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.