UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kingsbury promises 'bloody war' with Bonnar

11/15/11 1:23 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“I know Stephan wants to take it to the ground,” Kingsbury told HeavyMMA. “He sees my ground game as a weakness. Watching my past fights going back to TUF, he probably sees the ground as an opportunity or a weakness to exploit. Obviously my strength is going to be my stand-up and I’m sure he feels getting me to the ground would make a much easier fight for him. For me, I have to keep it standing and I want this to be one of the ‘Fight of the Night’ performances.

“It is going to be in front of my home town crowd and I want people to be talking about this fight even after it is over. I want people to say, ‘Damn that was exciting. That was awesome.’ That is the kind of performance I want. I know, in order to get that, we have to be able to stand and bang with each other. Whether it is from the outside or in the clinch, I’m prepared to keep this fight on our feet. I need to out-work, out-hustle and use my technique to make the difference in the stand-up.”

A win over Bonnar at UFC 139 would be a solid step in Kingsbury’s career. And while he isn ’t in the business of predicting outcomes, Kingsbury guaranteed excitement for UFC fans.

“Whether we end up getting the “Fight of the Night” honors or not, we are going to put on that caliber of performance. It’s going to be nothing but fireworks, a bloody mess and everybody is going to love it.”

read entire article...

11/15/11 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HULKSMASH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
11/15/11 1:59 PM
romophobia
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good! War Bonnar! Want to see another crazy post victory pose. Phone Post
11/15/11 2:01 PM
AlexanderTheGreatJJ

JUST BLEED!!!!!!!!! Phone Post
11/15/11 2:11 PM
JaseHxC

Kingsbury puts it on him fast, Bonnar weathers the storm and gets the stoppage late 2nd or early 3rd

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.