UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> anyone kill anything good this year?

11/16/11 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Muppetmower88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I took a doe in archery and we took a coyote the other night which was sweet. just seeing how everyone else did.
11/17/11 5:46 AM
MachetePhil
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing so far.  I only got out the last two weeks of bow, about 4 or 5 times, been out a bunch since muzzle loader came in though.  Going out this morning if the rain slows down since gun, and ducks,  comes in saturday and I want to get one before then.

I missed an 8 last thurs. went back to the same spot sat. had a bigger one come by and the damn cap went off but not the powder,  kind of like a starter pistol. 

I've let a bunch of does and smaller bucks walk and the bigger bucks I've seen so far have been jedi's. Today I'm shooting anythig with four legs, although the rut is kicking hard right now, so I'm sure I'll end up convincing myself to not shoot the first thing I see.
11/17/11 9:13 PM
Muppetmower88

Phil, thats rough man. Rifle kicks off in PA on the 28th so until then ill be out coyote hunting, then second season archery for the new year so ill try to get out as much as possible for that. good luck and keep me posted
11/18/11 10:59 AM
wheeels

Small Mule Deer buck with my muzzleloader.

waiting for the weather to smarten up before going out with rifle for whitetail.
11/29/11 7:51 PM
Muppetmower88

Shot a decent 9 point on monday nothing to take to the taxidermist but i did skull cap it so i can throw it on one of those wooden mount kits.
11/30/11 3:04 PM
MachetePhil
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice on the 9 pointer.   Still haven't shot shit yet.  Well, besides shot myself in the foot by letting so many deer go earlier when I was being all selective, and now that I really want one I haven't seen a damn thing in the last 3 or 4 times out.  They just shut down since about the 15th.

I'll get one here soon I suppose, probably on Saturday.  Damn ducks aren't here yet either so I'm kinda suckin right now.

and those wooden mount kits are cool, sure saves a shit load of money.
11/30/11 3:04 PM
MachetePhil

Nice on the 9 pointer.   Still haven't shot shit yet.  Well, besides shot myself in the foot by letting so many deer go earlier when I was being all selective, and now that I really want one I haven't seen a damn thing in the last 3 or 4 times out.  They just shut down since about the 15th.

I'll get one here soon I suppose, probably on Saturday.  Damn ducks aren't here yet either so I'm kinda suckin right now.

and those wooden mount kits are cool, sure saves a shit load of money.
12/10/11 1:24 AM
Byrd

killed some tuna and wahoo late last month.

killed about 14 yuenglings last night.
12/16/11 3:24 PM
MichaelVronsky
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not a god damned thing
2/3/12 4:55 PM
The PBC
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got an 8 point with my crossbow and missed a 10 point during rifle because I wasn't ready!
2/4/12 6:21 PM
Muppetmower88

nice been on a few stands for yotes but nothing has come in but this month should be good
9/30/12 8:52 PM
Bananatoles
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i got a nice meat bear at about 250 yards out. Died where it stood, used a 180 grain .308.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.