UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Monson: I can submit Fedor on the ground

11/16/11 6:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anton_Gurevich
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA fans,

Here are some selected quotes from our recent interview with Jeff "The Snowman" Monson.
Full piece is available here:

http://lowkick.blitzcorner.com/Other/Jeff-Monson-If-I-get-Fedor-on-the-ground-I-can-finish-it-Exclusive-Interview-14404

Thanks a lot for reading!

On Fedor:

His standup is up is probably one of his greatest assets. I’ve been doing a lot of striking in my camp. In the past I didn’t really feel confident in it, but now we’ve been working on it and I feel much better in it.

I don’t think he’s in his twilight; he’s only 33 years old. He hasn’t taken too much of a beating in his past fights. If you look back at his fights, he dropped Dan Henderson but he got caught with an uppercut. He dropped Fabricio Werdum but got caught in the triangle. The only person who really beat him up recently was Antonio Silva, but he’s like 300lbs. Look at the kind of guys he’s fought. When you fight that many times, when you the roll the dice that many times, you’ll eventually get caught.

Contract with M-1:

I’m still signed with Strikeforce, they actually let me go to M-1 for this fight. I’m still with Strikeforce and this so far is a one shot deal with M-1.

Prediction for the fight with Fedor:

If you can’t get up early, I hope you have PVR because this is going to be an exciting fight. I’ve wanted this fight since I asked for my released from the UFC for this very reason. It's going to be a good match up, you got two veteran guys. In my opinion he’s the greatest heavyweight in the history of MMA. It’s one of those fights that you feel like it’s not going to go the distance. If I get him on the ground I can finish it, you’ve seen him knockout most of the people he fights. You got a legend versus a guy like me with a pretty good career. I recommend you pull an all-nighter or PVR it.  

11/16/11 6:13 PM
Anarkis
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monson definitely can submit him on the ground.
11/16/11 6:23 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monson is a tough sumbitch. Only been stopped on the feet once after 3 rounds of Rizzos lowkicks softening him up first
11/16/11 6:26 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor's got this.
11/16/11 6:34 PM
Anton_Gurevich
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser's Conscience -  What's PVR? Phone Post

Same here... had to google it. Funny thing is that I have one. Didn't know it's called "PVR" lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder
11/16/11 6:36 PM
Hargreaves
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Monson would go train with Marcelo Garcia

That Monson choke would be unstoppable!

Marcelo would be great for his game
11/16/11 6:42 PM
Steelersfan 24 7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should tell him it's called DVR. I do agree he can submit Fedor if he gets the takedown, but his takedowns aren't that great. Should be interesting how this plays out.
11/17/11 2:12 AM
xcouturefan

should be a good fight
11/17/11 2:19 AM
ClinchedUp

Anton_Gurevich -
Fraser's Conscience -  What's PVR? Phone Post

Same here... had to google it. Funny thing is that I have one. Didn't know it's called "PVR" lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder
I myself thought it was DVR. Phone Post
11/17/11 2:21 AM
THE CACTUS KID
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think JM will gas,which will benefit Fedor.I dont see him taking Fedor down.

If he north south chokes Fedor to sleep,i'll flip!
11/17/11 2:37 AM
Da playmaker17
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always called it a PVR Phone Post
11/17/11 2:41 AM
MMApostle

Lmao a year and a half ago nobody would be saying this stuff. I find it quite comical. Jeff fucking Monson subbing Fedor hahaha great stuff....

no but really, it could definitely happen. Monson is slick on the ground.
11/17/11 6:22 AM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We all know he Fedor can be Monson anywhere he want-isnt that the whole point of this. an attempt to make him realvant again? 30 bucks for this is WAY TOO MUCH
11/17/11 6:58 AM
Nexuscrawlers
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this could turn into an exciting grappling match, that'd be sweet.
11/17/11 7:31 AM
JoshSanchez
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, id like to see him submit Fedor on the air... What's with all this ground nonsense? Phone Post
11/17/11 7:36 AM
Zero1
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Fedor an he was the best in his area but he is done.

I think Monson will take him down and either choke him out from behind or north south choke him like he did with Kharintov.
11/17/11 6:20 PM
Anton_Gurevich

I just read on mixfight.ru that Yuji Shimada will referee Fedor vs. Monson.
Back to PRIDE.
11/17/11 7:13 PM
kerazzle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestling + subs will be Monson's most effective weapons in this fight. Seeing how Fedor's ground game is no where near as sharp as it used to be back in 2004, Monson winning via sub is not out of the question.
11/17/11 7:33 PM
CajunPest
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Monson have the cardio if this goes to a 3rd round? Phone Post
11/17/11 7:39 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are Monson's arms long enough to get around anybody's neck?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.