UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva-Chael wants to fight me? Just come to Brazil

11/17/11 9:08 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Anderson Silva was an honorary official for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race this Sunday, at Phoenix International Raceway. He spoke with Jeff Gluck, SBNation's NASCAR editor, about current manager Ed Soares, and apparent future opponent Chael Sonnen.

"It's a problem," Silva told MMA Nation. "It's a big problem. I don't like the picture, I don't like the position my manager (was in). Big problem. I don't like it."

It's worth noting, however, that Silva said this with Soares standing right next to him. When it was pointed out that Soares was there, Silva offered a hint of a smile but stuck to his original statement.

"It's a problem," he said. "Bad position."

If Silva appeared a little cool about his manager, he was sub zero about challenger Chael Sonnen, as both denied a fight had been set.

"There's no date, there's nothing set up," Soares said. "That's what (Sonnen) is saying he wants. But when Dana White decides and when the UFC decides...right now, there's nothing set."

Silva proposed an easy way to get a date set quickly with Sonnen.

"I don't like this guy," he said. "This guy (wants to) fight me? Go to Brazil. No problem. ... Chael talks too much. I'm ready to fight Chael. But you have the chance – go to Brazil to fight me."

Read entire interview...

11/17/11 9:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Skellington
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never

they would NEVER let Chael in Brazil, it would be a riot waiting to happen

serious
11/17/11 9:15 AM
pennviachoke
1051 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doubtful, would be awesome though! Phone Post
11/17/11 9:22 AM
caliphornia
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson silva calls out chael!!!!

Chael is ducking Anderson OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phone Post
11/17/11 9:22 AM
ZombieFewd
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge $$ involved if they made that rematch in Brazil
11/17/11 9:24 AM
BrockbackMountain
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM A MOFO - I don't think Anderson meant he would fight him at a UFC in Brazil.

I think he meant it more as an empty "you wanna fight me so bad come and get it" because he knows/hopes Chael won't come knocking on his door. And even if he does he can still keep his belt and record.

Anderson, the PBF of MMA...

Go eat aids faggot.

Anderson TAPPED him out. (And fucked his face up). AND chael was cheating.
11/17/11 9:24 AM
Sofa King Cool
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way that fight happens in Brazil.

Besides, Chael won the firs fight so it should happen in Oregon. Phone Post
11/17/11 9:27 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen at UFC 142 in Brazil is not that far fetched. Both are healthy and 142 is about 2 months away.

Both fighters want this to happen and the fans do too. If The UFC was smart, they would put this fight together ASAP.
11/17/11 9:28 AM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Highest PPV rating in UFC history if this fight happens in Brazil.
11/17/11 9:30 AM
disbeliever
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is that picture from?
Willin
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Chael won the belt in Brazil a riot would definitely break out. The UFC would have to hire triple the ordinary amount of security.

Also, a lot of what Chael says about Brazil is tongue-in-cheek but all of that gets lost when it is translated to whatever tribalistic language it is that they speak.

For the sake of fighter safety I don't think this would happen but it would be an epic spectical if it did. It might sell more than any other PPV in UFC history.
Furyan

If (really big if) this fight were to happen in Brazil and Chael won... The rioting would never stop. I'm not so sure he'd even make it to the ring! Phone Post
11/17/11 9:34 AM
EBM

disbeliever - What is that picture from?

Adobe Photoshop
11/17/11 9:35 AM
1oldfart

unfortunaetly for silva he is not the matchmaker or the president so he shouldnt have a say in who, when or where.

11/17/11 9:36 AM
panic686
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EBM - Highest PPV rating in UFC history if this fight happens in Brazil.

Yep. I think Silva has been trolling the slightly afraid angle on purpose to build this up. Kept on actign like he didnt want this to make it bigger. He gets a cut of PPV, right? So make the moolah by playing it up a bit - especially since he had to be out for a bit with teh shoulder.
11/17/11 9:38 AM
panic686
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1oldfart - unfortunaetly for silva he is not the matchmaker or the president so he shouldnt have a say in who, when or where.

But everyone thinks it is ok for Chael to make the fight and say Silva is ducking when he doesn't respond to it at first? Also, champion should be allowed some hometown advantages at times. GSP has gotten it and Silva even had teh second Franklin fight in Rich's hometown.
11/17/11 9:40 AM
GodSaveTheReem

yeah...this is way too risky for the UFC. Any card that anderson on he is the headliner.
If it is at 142 the UFC risks having the hometown hero and biggest brazilian superstar lose leaving a bad taste in the mouth of a HUGE market they are trying to get control of.
A silve lose in brazil is bad for business, and no matter what you say...chael has the most ability/greatest chance to beat him of any MW (NOT saying he will).
11/17/11 9:40 AM
BrockbackMountain
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM A MOFO - 
BrockbackMountain - 
I AM A MOFO - I don't think Anderson meant he would fight him at a UFC in Brazil.

I think he meant it more as an empty "you wanna fight me so bad come and get it" because he knows/hopes Chael won't come knocking on his door. And even if he does he can still keep his belt and record.

Anderson, the PBF of MMA...

Go eat aids faggot.

Anderson TAPPED him out. (And fucked his face up). AND chael was cheating.

U mad? Don't worry, Anderson is too! ;)

He got his ass beat so bad for 4 1/2 rounds he's happy to take his fluke sub and run with it all while having horrible flashbacks about the beating he took when he so much as SEES Chael near someone he knows, like Ed.

What Chael did to him "not good".

LOL at chaels weak ass ground and pound "Beating anyone up"
11/17/11 9:41 AM
Bobby Lupo
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Google Chavez-Haugen. This is the low rent MMA version of that. It will happen and it will happen in Brazil
11/17/11 9:42 AM
GodSaveTheReem

Willin - Also, a lot of what Chael says about Brazil is tongue-in-cheek but all of that gets lost when it is translated to whatever tribalistic language it is that they speak.

if i could vote you up i would...haha
11/17/11 9:43 AM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
disbeliever - What is that picture from?

hotel lobby in Houston, day after 136.
11/17/11 9:43 AM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
 unreal how much fighter bashing goes on now...
11/17/11 9:44 AM
s98ronin

Sofa King Cool - No way that fight happens in Brazil.

So tapping means winning? Now I get why Chael talks about himself as a winner, he taps like a typewriter in most of his fights...
11/17/11 9:44 AM
picanoc231

That would make the Russians in Rocky 4 seem mild Phone Post
11/17/11 9:46 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen

Sofa King Cool - No way that fight happens in Brazil.

You Stupid Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.