UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 58 discussion thread

11/18/11 4:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

In a shocking upset to end a sensational fight, Michael Chandler submitted Eddie Alvarez with a fourth-round rear-naked choke, winning the Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight title.

Chandler was largely unknown when he entered this year's Bellator lightweight tournament, but everyone who follows MMA needs to know his name now. With the victory he improved to 9-0 in his pro career, and he looked amazing doing it. Chandler is for real.

The first 30 seconds of the fight were crazy, with Chandler leveling Alvarez and battering him so hard that referee Troy Waugh looked like he was about to step in and stop it. But Alvarez fought back, hit Chandler with a hard punch of his own that curtailed the barrage, and managed to regroup. For most of the rest of the first Alvarez was actually getting the better end of the striking exchanges, but in the final seconds of the first Chandler again knocked Alvarez down, and only the bell stopped Chandler from pouncing on Alvarez.

read entire article...

World Lightweight Championship Title Fight

Michael Chandle def. Eddie Alvarez via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:06 Round 4

Non-Title Catchweight Feature Fight

Hector Lombard def. Trevor Prangley via knockout at 1:06 Round 2

Televised Feature Fight

Marlon Sandro def. Rafael Dias via submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:56 Round 1

Jessica Aguilar def. Lisa Ward-Ellis via unanimous decision

Local Feature Fights

Brett Cooper def. Jared Hess via unanimous decision
Valdir Araujo def. Ailton Barbosa via unanimous decision
Cosmo Alexander def. Avery McPhatter via knockout at 0:20 Round 1
Herbert Goodman def. Jonas Billstein via disqualification (illegal soccer kick) at 3:21 Round 2
Fabio Mello def. Farkhad Sharipov via unanimous decision

11/18/11 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WRESTLENOW
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is it tonight or saturday?

the article says saturday the 18th but today is the 18th and is friday
11/18/11 6:56 PM
MakeMeBleed
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturday the 19
11/19/11 1:44 AM
xcouturefan

real good fight card
11/19/11 1:50 AM
MMA Girls
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls
ttt
11/19/11 9:02 AM
xcouturefan

ttt
11/19/11 9:56 AM
NYmmanow265
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Alvarez
11/19/11 10:03 AM
Nexuscrawlers
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont forget it starts at 7pm again this week, 5pm the prelims start on spike.com (EST)
11/19/11 11:59 AM
flawlessvictory
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - dont forget it starts at 7pm again this week, 5pm the prelims start on spike.com (EST)
Awesome Phone Post
11/19/11 1:09 PM
sparkuri

Edited: 11/19/11 1:10 PM
 Best sports weekend in awhile !

I was just thinking about Aguilar and how she got screwed, so I'm pullin' for her tonight.

Chandler vs. Alvarez is SCARY good. I'm pullin for Alvarez just because I've been following him for years and he makes great fights every time, and a great personality for the sport, or period.
BUT, if there is a guy who can beat him on the Bellator circuit, it is Michael Chandler.

This fight has all the ingredients for fight of the year and KO of the year nominations.
I'm super pumped for this one, and will be watching it standing.

Hector Lombard vs. Trevor Prangley I think is gonna be a real telltale fight of where both guys are, and are heading.
I enjoy seeing Trevor still fighting and competing at a high level, with fire still in his belly.
And Lombard is one of, if not THE most explosive fighters in the sport, and if he cannot impose his will in the first 2 rounds, I can see the crafty veteran (Prangley) pulling off the upset, possibly by submission.
This would, at least for a short time resurrect a spotlight on Prangley, but I think Lombard has a LOT of fire in his belly as well.
If Lombard loses, he loses the longest unbeaten streak in MMA, dating back nearly five years; last loss of course being to Mousasi.

I'm a little bias, in the Dias-Sandro fight, and am hoping Marlon puts on a display tonight !

BELLATOR, you guys are what mma is all about.
Excitement, tournaments, and true champions, fighting several times in a short period. This WAS what it used to be all about, and since the evolution of the sport, you have found a winning recipe.
Cheers, and good luck tonight and in the future !

11/19/11 1:10 PM
caposa
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great card can't wait Phone Post
11/19/11 1:24 PM
NoobHeadShot

Edited: 11/19/11 1:24 PM
im glad the Jessica Aguilar/Lisa Ward fight got on TV gotta give them time to shine plus Jessica got robbed by the judges in her fight with Zoila. Better than the fight that might be a tourney eliminator in Cooper/Hess.
11/19/11 3:15 PM
mma ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -  Best sports weekend in awhile !

I was just thinking about Aguilar and how she got screwed, so I'm pullin' for her tonight.

Chandler vs. Alvarez is SCARY good. I'm pullin for Alvarez just because I've been following him for years and he makes great fights every time, and a great personality for the sport, or period.
BUT, if there is a guy who can beat him on the Bellator circuit, it is Michael Chandler.

This fight has all the ingredients for fight of the year and KO of the year nominations.
I'm super pumped for this one, and will be watching it standing.

Hector Lombard vs. Trevor Prangley I think is gonna be a real telltale fight of where both guys are, and are heading.
I enjoy seeing Trevor still fighting and competing at a high level, with fire still in his belly.
And Lombard is one of, if not THE most explosive fighters in the sport, and if he cannot impose his will in the first 2 rounds, I can see the crafty veteran (Prangley) pulling off the upset, possibly by submission.
This would, at least for a short time resurrect a spotlight on Prangley, but I think Lombard has a LOT of fire in his belly as well.
If Lombard loses, he loses the longest unbeaten streak in MMA, dating back nearly five years; last loss of course being to Mousasi.

I'm a little bias, in the Dias-Sandro fight, and am hoping Marlon puts on a display tonight !

<b>BELLATOR</b>, you guys are what mma is all about.
Excitement, tournaments, and true champions, fighting several times in a short period. This WAS what it used to be all about, and since the evolution of the sport, you have found a winning recipe.
Cheers, and good luck tonight and in the future !

<br type="_moz" /> 

/thread
11/19/11 3:23 PM
ArtWanderlei

xcouturefan - real good fight card

LOL
11/19/11 4:01 PM
JaRyan420

WAR CHANDLER! Phone Post
11/19/11 4:02 PM
The Rasch

I am glad to see Jonas Billstein making His debut for Bellator! Phone Post
11/19/11 4:44 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - Great card can't wait Phone Post
this Phone Post
11/19/11 4:45 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dekay - IM GOING AND ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait I'm gonna be pretty close!!!

Thanks Bellator for showing South Florida some looovveeeee!!!!! Phone Post
that's cool bro. a great card to see live Phone Post
11/19/11 4:47 PM
discodrew

Eddie Alvarez
Hector Lombard
Rafael Dias
Jessica Aguilar
Brett Cooper
Ailton Barbosa
Cosmo Alexnader
Hebert Goodman
Fabio Mello Phone Post
11/19/11 5:42 PM
caposa
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soccer kicks should be legal
11/19/11 5:43 PM
Phisher

Edited: 11/19/11 5:43 PM
11/19/11 5:51 PM
flawlessvictory
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -  soccer kicks should be legal
it's cool as long as your doing the kicking lol that was brutal Phone Post
11/19/11 5:52 PM
discodrew

caposa -  soccer kicks should be legal
gonna make a gif? Phone Post
11/19/11 5:57 PM
Phisher

Holy shit. That was awesome.
11/19/11 5:57 PM
discodrew

Phisher - Holy shit. That was awesome.
great first win. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.