UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Miller's son needs help

11/21/11 4:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crooklyn
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/22/11 6:07 PM
TapouT Radio, Crooklyn's Corner

Mike Constantino  <— 3 minute audio detailing little DJ’s condition and ways you can help.

Donate HERE 
11/21/11 4:48 PM
Crooklyn
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniel James Miller, son of UFC middleweight fighter Dan Miller and his wife Kristin, was born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease.

His kidneys are large, approximately 3-4 times as large as they should be, and as the name implies, full of cysts. At birth, Danny’s kidneys functioned at a level that allowed his body to clear itself of toxins and fluid, but he required medications to maintain his blood pressure and electrolyte balance. Unfortunately, when he was 2 ½ months old, he became very ill and as a result of that illness, lost all kidney function. He was hospitalized at Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa., where he was started on hemodialysis initially, and then later, peritoneal dialysis. Daniel was hospitalized for a total of about 2 months, the majority of that time, sedated, with multiple intravenous lines, and under constant 1:1 nursing care. His parents, Dan and Kristin learned to care for him, including the mechanics and the principles of peritoneal dialysis. Also, due to the oversized kidneys, Danny required tube feedings and special feeding considerations.

Finally, in May 2010, Danny was discharged home and thrived under the constant and loving care of his parents. He is a bright, sweet and affectionate little boy, who loves being read to, enjoys being outdoors, and is crazy about his “puppies”. He amazes us every day with his capacity to learn and to love.

Danny’s journey is far from over. Although the dialysis that he receives every day clears the toxins and excess fluid from his body, the many other functions of a normal kidney are not replaced by the dialysis, so Danny’s growth has been slow and certain hormone levels are difficult to regulate. Kidney transplantation, specifically a living donor kidney transplant, has been planned, but before that can take place, Danny must have both of his kidneys removed to make room for the transplanted kidney. Once transplantation occurs, Danny will continue frequent follow up visits to the hospital to be monitored and he will require anti- rejection medications for the rest of his life.

AMA Fight Club welcomes you to attend a Super Seminar on Saturday, December 3, 2011 to support Daniel in his treatments for autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease.

11/21/11 4:49 PM
Crooklyn

Edited: 11/21/11 4:48 PM

Please donate to aid Daniel in his fight for life.

Facebook fanpage with constant updates on the seminar and Paypal links here

If you want to donate straight to the Paypal account, the email address attached to it is DJMillerFoundation@gmail.com

11/21/11 4:55 PM
Mulletron5000
1348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

check out tjmitch's sticky thread as well Phone Post
11/21/11 5:58 PM
Snappy Whistleteeth
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - Shit makes me want to cry.

me too brother....me too.....

11/21/11 6:29 PM
JiuJitsuJustin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will donate a kidney. Serious. Does the kid have a donor? Phone Post
11/21/11 6:41 PM
the geek
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snappy Whistleteeth -
DoomFarmer - Shit makes me want to cry.

me too brother....me too.....

This. I will help in any way possible. Financially and or physically. I didn't see a FB page link on my phone does anyone know if they have a Kidney donor? Phone Post
11/21/11 6:44 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT.
11/21/11 6:46 PM
er095
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So sad, my prayers go out to the Miller family Phone Post
11/21/11 6:51 PM
mister_sticks
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paging Dana White... Phone Post
11/21/11 6:53 PM
iDaz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JiuJitsuJustin - I will donate a kidney. Serious. Does the kid have a donor? Phone Post
Don't say it unless you mean it. Phone Post
11/21/11 6:58 PM
ko 86
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.twitter.com/kokid951
TTT
11/21/11 7:12 PM
AMA Fight Club
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi everyone and thank u to Crooklyn for ur support!!!

Dan's Aunt is donating her kidney. Danny already had his kidneys taken out and the transplant is scheduled for after Christmas.

We really appreciate everyone's support!

Mkke Constantino
www.AMAFIGHTCLUB.com Phone Post
11/21/11 7:16 PM
randomdays

Ttt Phone Post
11/21/11 7:21 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Been through some tough times with my little one but nothing quite like that. I can't even imagine what he is dealing with right now. My heart and prayers go out to your little one Dan.
11/21/11 7:25 PM
sakurabas ear
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My heart hurts reading this. I wish nothing but the best for the millers. Phone Post
11/21/11 7:27 PM
JiuJitsuJustin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iDaz -
JiuJitsuJustin - I will donate a kidney. Serious. Does the kid have a donor? Phone Post
I mean it. If the sister thing doesn't work out im the man. No joke. Phone Post
11/21/11 7:29 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made me sick to my stomach with sadness when I first heard about this awhile back....My prayers go out to Dan and his family, and I hope everything works out with the transplant. 

On a side note, the fact that Dan has consistently gone up against the best in his weight class for the past few years, even with this burden hanging over him, and always made it a fight, and never made excuses, has made me a huge fan of his. I will ALWAYS cheer for Dan Miller 
11/21/11 7:30 PM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JiuJitsuJustin - 
iDaz -
I mean it. If the sister thing doesn't work out im the man. No joke. Phone Post
Even though it probably won't be needed, you're a great person and have my respect for making that offer.

11/21/11 9:25 PM
JiuJitsuJustin

If I can help a kid have a life and all I have to do is give a kidney, then there is no choice really. Phone Post
11/21/11 9:26 PM
dennis5
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/21/11 9:38 PM
HELWIG

"I will ALWAYS cheer for Dan Miller "
11/21/11 11:01 PM
vandelay
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt thoughts and prayers with Dan and his family Phone Post
11/21/11 11:04 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT   Dan Miller is an excellent fighter, and I'm sure his baby inherited that warrior spirit as well.  Definitely worth helping out a fighter that has given us such great fights.
11/21/11 11:11 PM
lildragonof
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Dan and that little angel... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.