UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Toi Nofoa found not guilty

11/24/11 12:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His own family said he confessed to killing her. 

A?Circuit Court jury today found Toi A.?Nofoa not guilty of murdering former girlfriend Royal Kaukani in 2009 in Ewa.

Nofoa had been charged with first-degree murder because Kaukani was scheduled to be a witness against him in a kidnapping and terroristic threatening case.

Witnesses said a man shot Kaukani as she sat in a car outside her home in the Ewa by Gentry neighborhood on March 17, 2009.

Police arrested Nofoa that evening in Waimanalo.

The jury found Nofoa not guilty of the murder charge as well as two firearms charges.

11/24/11 1:16 AM
NECKCRANK808
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy is bad news fuck the legal system for not doing its job

he is gonna kill someone else then what
11/24/11 1:17 AM
NECKCRANK808
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the judge better pray it is not someone in my family
11/24/11 1:43 AM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/11 1:44 AM
NECKCRANK808 - the judge better pray it is not someone in my family

While I understand your frustration and sometimes agree, in this case 14 people (a jury trial) decided for the not guilty plea. The judge had little to no say in the final outcome.

That is not to say some judges are either incompetent and just drive me crazy with their thinking, I mean like the judge who refused to incarcerate the guy who killed that tourist and let him out and on the same day he kills that girl. Now that is 100% judge fault. Oh I could go on and on, but wait for me to retire and write my book and then the shit will be hitting the fan my friend.

It will be titled, "How to beat the system." Believe me, a local best seller if local people to beat, traffic and at least get a lower sentence for majority of crimes.
11/24/11 2:27 AM
HwnStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still believe in the system, but I tell everyone if your charged for a felony, and looking at a good possible amount of time in prison...my advice is pay the fricken mollah ($$$) and get an experienced attorney with an excellent win-win record to represent you!
11/24/11 4:24 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.

you shouldnt be telling people that.
11/24/11 4:28 AM
jjmtg
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HwnStriker - I still believe in the system, but I tell everyone if your charged for a felony, and looking at a good possible amount of time in prison...my advice is pay the fricken mollah ($$$) and get an experienced attorney with an excellent win-win record to represent you!

My book will include my top ten picks for who I think are the best trial attorneys and my picks to avoid!

Also judges who will let you literally get away with murder and those to avoid if you don't want to go to jail!
11/24/11 6:37 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*pre-pays for jjmtg's book
11/24/11 6:50 AM
MOB U2
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally dealt with people from Royal's family in the educational realm right after this happened.

They seemed like a cool supportive family and I was saddened to hear about all of it.

Really shitty the way this all went down.

On a lighter note, I taught one of her 6 year old nephews how to do a one-handed pushup once. The mom seemed relieved that she didn't have to chase him b/c I kept him busy goading the boy into how much pushups, squats, and jumping jacks he could do. The kid wanted to be a football player and evidently somebody in his family was showing him some basic calisthenics. He loved bragging to everybody how much he could do.

I think this was around the same time that poor Waianae teacher was stabbed at the Ewa Beach Foodland while she was eating her shave ice by that mentally deranged Samoan guy.

11/24/11 12:45 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people have no heart or soul. Hopefully this guy gets his in the afterlife.
11/24/11 12:47 PM
kanotoa
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad a CCW wasn't an option for that poor woman.
11/24/11 3:49 PM
jjmtg

Edited: 11/24/11 3:49 PM
sufferingsuckatash - *pre-pays for jjmtg's book

Hahaha, yes, it will be that good.

For my book, Under "Judges you want on your trial" First on my list is the Honorable Circuit Judge Richard Pollack.

Although I am not young enough to know his history, I will say he comes from a public defender or defense attorney background. This judge is a criminal's best friend. If you want to stay out of jail, transfer your trial to this judge, he is the Sandra Simms of our day. He is directly responsible for this:

Man Released Day Before Tourist Died
Prosecutors Tried To Revoke Probation For 'Person Of Interest'
POSTED: 4:36 pm HST October 6, 2009
UPDATED: 5:32 pm HST October 6, 2009
Email Print
0 comments

HONOLULU -- The man identified as a person of interest in the mysterious death of a tourist was released from prison less than 24 hours before the woman's nude body washed up onto Waikiki Beach.

The man got out of custody because a state judge denied prosecutors requests to revoke his probation from a four-year-old drug conviction, KITV has learned.

Aaron Susa

Aaron Susa, 31, is expected to be transferred to the Honolulu Police Department main cellblock from Queen's Medical Center. He was being checked out after his arrest on Monday night.

Susa is not originally from Hawaii and has been homeless, often living in Waikiki in recent years. Records show he was born in San Diego and lived in Missouri before moving here.

A jogger discovered the naked body of Byranna Antone, 25, from New Mexico early Friday morning on Waikiki Beach.

Antone's death is suspicious, and could be a homicide, authorities said.

Bryanna Antone

Susa was the man last seen with Antone. Police arrested him for questioning.

Susa was released from the Federal Detention Center near the airport Thursday morning, less than 24 hours before the woman turned up dead, state prisons officials said.

Records show Susa has been arrested 36 times and has 16 convictions. In March of 2005, he pleaded guilty to drug charges after being arrested on Kalakaua Avenue with a crystal methamphetamine pipe.

A judge sentenced him to probation. He repeatedly violated probation over the years, until prosecutors brought him before Circuit Judge Richard Pollack on June 22. Prosecutors asked Pollack to revoke Susa's probation because he had been arrested for harassing a police officer.

Pollack denied the prosecutor's request, instead sentencing him to four months behind bars, a term that was up just a day before Antone died.

Susa spent about one year in prison since 2005 because he repeatedly violated his parole and prosecutors unsuccessfully asked several times for his probation to be revoked.

Susa was eligible for probation because all of his previous offenses were misdemeanors, legal experts said.

Pollack is prohibited from speaking to KITV about any case that is pending before him or anywhere else in the state judicial system, a judiciary spokeswoman said.

****BUT, this criminal was convicted by a jury trial unlike what occured in the title of this thread****

Jury finds Aaron Susa guilty for murder of tourist

By Star-Advertiser staff
POSTED: 10:42 a.m. HST, Nov 07, 2011

A state jury found Aaron Susa guilty this morning of murder in the Oct. 2, 2009 death of a 25-year-old woman who was in Honolulu with her mother attending a dental convention.

Susa, 33, faces a mandatory life prison term with the possibility for parole when he is sentenced in February.

Another American Dental Association convention attendee found Bryanne Antone's nude body in the shoreline fronting the Royal Hawaiian hotel in Waikiki.

She drowned but also had a broken larynx and ligature marks on her neck.

Susa testified he had sex with Antone on the beach and in the ocean and when he left her, she was still alive.
11/24/11 4:00 PM
jjmtg

Another one of Judge Richard Pollack's cases and why he is my top pick to have on your trial if you are charged with a crime:

Original Charge was attempted murder - life with possibility of parole

Optional lower charges all include 15- 20 years jail:

End result? see below.

Man gets 1-year term in assault
A 25-year-old California man was sentenced yesterday to a year in jail for landing what a prosecutor described as a "Superman punch" on an unsuspecting man in Waikiki last year, causing brain damage and permanent disabilities.

Defendant Apologized In Court

But city prosecutors react with anger to a one year sentence for a man who put a stranger in a wheelchair for life.
[ Watch ]
Ryan Carrillo was in Hawaii to attend last year's Pro Bowl when he ran up from behind Jesse Greenwood, jumped in the air and landed a punch on his way back down to the back of Greenwood's head outside Moose McGillycuddy's Pub & Cafe on Lewers Street in Waikiki on Feb. 12, 2007.
Greenwood fell to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. Deputy City Prosecutor Chris Van Marter said Greenwood, 30, also of California, suffered permanent brain damage and is permanently disabled.

Carrillo was charged with attempted murder. But following a nonjury trial, Circuit Judge Richard Pollack found him guilty in May of first-degree assault. Pollack handed Carrillo the one-year jail term and five years' probation yesterday. He also ordered Carrillo to make $13,470 restitution.

Van Marter said Greenwood has so far incurred more than $800,000 in medical expenses and will likely need round-the-clock care for the rest of his life estimated to cost $6 million.

Greenwood and his family are suing Carrillo and Moose McGillycuddy's, where Greenwood and Carrillo were drinking before the assault.
11/24/11 4:09 PM
jjmtg

More reasons why you want Judge Pollack on your case if you have to go to trial.

Original charges all felonies.

End result 1 person found guilty of misdemeanor all other felonies dismissed against other parties PRIOR to jury trial.

Posted on: Saturday, August 1, 2009
$1,000 fine for palace trespass

By Jim Dooley
Advertiser Staff Writer

Judge Richard Pollack

The only man to go to trial after last year's occupation of 'Iolani Palace by a Hawaiian sovereignty group was acquitted yesterday of a felony burglary charge but convicted of simple trespass.

A Circuit Court jury deliberated for a day before finding James Akahi guilty of the lesser offense -- a criminal violation punishable by no more than a $1,000 fine.

Akahi believes he is the rightful heir to the throne vacated by Queen Lili'uokalani in 1893 and led a group of six supporters who broke into the palace the evening of Aug. 15, 2008, planning to place Akahi briefly on the palace throne.

But they never found the throne room on the first floor and were apprehended on the stairs leading to the second floor.

The Attorney General's office alleged that Akahi illegally entered the palace with the intent of causing criminal property damage or taking possession of a historical artifact, charging him with second-degree burglary.

Defense attorney David Sereno successfully argued that the state had failed to prove that Akahi meant to do anything more than sit briefly on the throne.

Akahi told Circuit Judge Richard Pollack that he meant no harm.

"I was trying to help out the kanaka maoli people and put them back on their own land," Akahi said.

The group had sent notices to the governor's office announcing their plans in advance, Sereno said.

And before entering the building, the group put on protective booties required of all people who enter the palace, Sereno pointed out.

Deputy Attorney General Mark Miyahira asked Circuit Judge Richard Pollack to impose the maximum $1,000 fine.

"Mr. Akahi did enter a building that is very sacred to a great many people," Miyahira said, adding that his actions could have damaged palace artifacts and placed individuals in danger of physical harm.

And Miyahira noted that Akahi has a criminal record going back to 1962 that includes convictions for escape, assault, harassment and larceny.

Sereno, a Maui attorney, recommended a $100 fine, saying that Akahi, who is also from Maui, has already spent thousands of dollars on travel and legal expenses.

Pollack sentenced Akahi to the maximum $1,000 fine and said it must be paid within six months.

"The way you went about this couldn't have been more wrong," Pollack said.

"I certainly hope you never come before the court for something like this ever again," the judge said.

During jury selection, it was apparent that Akahi's actions at the palace had angered a great many people, Pollack pointed out.

The judge earlier dismissed burglary charges against Akahi's six co-defendants, including Akahi's wife.
11/24/11 8:47 PM
JIMMYNAKS
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lost faith in our joke of a justice system years ago.
LE's power over people is their fear of going to jail.

I used to deal with a guy who repeatedly raped Japanese tourist and would risk the occasional jail time when a victim came forward. Then get out when the victims were unable to come back or from "Lack of evidence".

He later graduated to raping local girls jogging on the beach during sunset.

Justice system failed all those women.

Justice system was sure quick to fuck the cop who may or may not have physically hurt that guy.

One of hundreds of Justice system fail stories I have that could fill a book.

That statement earlier about the guy getting away with murder and killing again? I second that statement.

Or some HPD guy will end up
Shooting him and people will bash the cop for being an animal.

Can't fucken wait for the 2012 Apacolypse.

Happy Thanksgiving
:-) Phone Post
11/26/11 7:28 PM
conviser
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judge Pollack made the short list for the Hawaii Supreme Court.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/134538818.html?id=134538818
11/26/11 11:00 PM
jjmtg

conviser - Judge Pollack made the short list for the Hawaii Supreme Court.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/134538818.html?id=134538818

That is very fucking scary.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.