UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Cross Moving Backwards On Charging Opponent?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/25/11 2:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneScoup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last time I got beat up in the ring the guy was catching me coming fwd and having me run into his big right cross. I've been interested in learning this counter-right cross ever since.

I tried to develop it and sort of look like I'm doing it when shadow boxing in the mirror. I know I'm supposed to step off to the right and throw the cross into the space they are filling by coming fwd, but no luck against live opponents. Trainers have offered nothing insightful to solve the issue.

Can anybody who does this regularly explain how to pull it off?
12/5/11 11:27 AM
ANT_P1989
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timing. It's all about timing. You gotta focus and be prepared to shoot it just before you know your opponent is about to come forward. Phone Post
12/7/11 4:37 PM
HEMAN
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only thing that can prepare you for that is a double end bag or live sparring partner or focus mitt drill. It's an instinctual thing. I lit up someone once coming straight for me in a street fight. Ran into my right cross. No Power...he was KO. He walked into it. No set up either.
12/10/11 1:49 PM
Cruz2ninjafoya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey bro, what works really well for me in boxing sparring is, when Im getting backed up i like to back up, measure out the distance I need to be in the pocket, and fire ( im orthodox) a right uppercut, left hook, right cross combo. My old boxing coach taught me this as its a good combo when someone is coming forward at you because the 3 punches im throwing attack my opponent from all angles, underneath, the side and down the pipe. Let me know how this works for you, I seriously catch people all day with this. At least 1 punch will land of the 3, normally. Hope this helps.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.