UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ellenberger: I can definitely beat GSP

11/25/11 2:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

11/25/11 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no he cant
11/25/11 2:54 PM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEWSFLASH: Fighter thinks he can defeat other fighter. Phone Post
11/25/11 2:56 PM
FSMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor - no he cant

11/25/11 3:28 PM
Conor769

he most certainly can.
11/25/11 3:31 PM
Darth Ryase
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As time goes on, fighters are catching up to GSP. These great wrestlers are developing striking to match. Once upon a time I might have said "no f*cking way" but these days....maybe....just maybe.
11/25/11 3:36 PM
Mushroom Slap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - 
1armedScissor - no he cant

11/25/11 3:38 PM
Mushroom Slap
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase - As time goes on, fighters are catching up to GSP. These great wrestlers are developing striking to match. Once upon a time I might have said "no f*cking way" but these days....maybe....just maybe.

Who is catching up? No one has even won a round against him in like 4 years
11/25/11 3:40 PM
ShadoKhan
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

butcher4 -  NEWSFLASH: Fighter thinks he can defeat other fighter. Phone Post

11/25/11 3:42 PM
ShadoKhan
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still would make for a good fight...
but, are no other fighters becoming well rounded or does everyone think, oh I can hit hard, so that means i'm the champ???

11/25/11 3:44 PM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ellenberger can beat anyone. Chances of him beating GSP is very low but he has 25 minutes to do so. GSP would just lay on top of him though. Phone Post
11/25/11 3:46 PM
Mad Dangler

Figaro - And I can be the queen of England. It always ticks me off hearing fighters say oh i can beat (insert god tier fighters). Its naive and arrogant there's a reason why said person hasnt lost. Because they're unbeatable. Wish fighters would know their role and say, " you know what? I can't beat (insert god tier fighter)" it makes them look less like tools.
I get what your saying but I don't agree. If they didn't think they could beat the champion then why fight no ones looking to be number two. Look at mike Chandler vs Eddie alveraz, sonnen silva. Phone Post
11/25/11 3:48 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iPhone? Phone Post
11/25/11 3:56 PM
Darth Ryase
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mushroom Slap - 
Darth Ryase - As time goes on, fighters are catching up to GSP. These great wrestlers are developing striking to match. Once upon a time I might have said "no f*cking way" but these days....maybe....just maybe.

Who is catching up? No one has even won a round against him in like 4 years

All of these young, well-rounded up and comers. Guys like MacDonald, Ellenberger, hell even Poirier. Guys who 2 years ago were relative unknowns.

GSP is my favorite fighter. I'm just saying the next generation is coming along and if anyone is going to beat him it's someone cut from the same cloth.
11/25/11 4:25 PM
grimer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a GSP fan but in todays MMA...anyone has a chance to win any fight. The odds might not be in their favor but with 4 OZ gloves, anything can happen.
11/25/11 4:50 PM
SinCityHustler

Ellenberger presents a lot of problems for GSP.   He cqan wrestle and he hits hard.  For those of you saying that no one can win rounds agaisnt GSP, keep in mind that in none of his losses, has a single round been scored.  The rounds hardly matter if Ellenberger drops the hammer on him.  Experienced MMA fans know this.  
11/25/11 5:17 PM
guardbr8kr

Irule - GSP is still far ahead of anyone in the division right now. He would be too fast and technical for Ellenberger. That and he almost always has the perfect game plan.

I agree. It's going to take "the new breed" 3-7 years just to catch up to GSP at this point in his career.

"And he's only getting better"

11/25/11 5:20 PM
pharochuck
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler -  Ellenberger presents a lot of problems for GSP.   He cqan wrestle and he hits hard. 
not able to really follow what you are saying. what do you see unique about his wrestling that could cause anymore problems than past challengers?

11/25/11 5:23 PM
C Riv

This is the new trend now in the UFC. Everyone is calling out everybody. He's behind Diaz, and Condit on getting that shot. He shouldn't be popping off about getting GSP just yet.
11/25/11 5:27 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

SinCityHustler -  Ellenberger presents a lot of problems for GSP.   He cqan wrestle and he hits hard.  For those of you saying that no one can win rounds agaisnt GSP, keep in mind that in none of his losses, has a single round been scored.  The rounds hardly matter if Ellenberger drops the hammer on him.  Experienced MMA fans know this.  

GSP was a kid when he was finished by Serra.People forget how young he was
11/25/11 5:31 PM
JerodR
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to believe that you can beat the champ or what are you doing there? Nothing wrong with that. Nobody in the division is going to beat GSP if they plan to outfight him. Just isn't going to happen. One way GSP gets beat and that is just how Serra did it. GSP will only lose when he gets knocked out. That being said...many people have a punchers chance but that is about it.
11/25/11 5:31 PM
semtex0809
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol he couldnt beat condit Phone Post
11/25/11 5:35 PM
spliff
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who thought it was a good idea to film outside by the ocean?  all i can hear is the wind and waves
11/25/11 6:37 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shields won rounds.... Yes it did happen, dry those eyes sweetheart Phone Post
11/25/11 6:41 PM
dahosse

Ellenberger definitely fits the mold of guys that can beat gsp. He's still kind of unrefined, though. Doesn't practice good fundamentals in the middle of firefights, gets sucked into brawls, doesn't play to his strengths, depends on his natural attributes too much, etc. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.