UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Guy Chase Karl Gotch Student?

11/27/11 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dezflag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone ever train with Guy Chase from NH?

http://beantownfx.com/websites/guy_chase/arts.html

His website states he was a Karl Gotch student. Anyone know anything about his?
11/30/11 11:55 AM
GladiatorGannon
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was Mark DellaGrottes original coach, he's got to be doing something right. I saw one of his guys fight last year at a local show, and he looked well schooled.
11/30/11 5:47 PM
Jeff Malott
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen a video with Karl putting him through an exercise routine........
12/1/11 9:04 PM
de braco
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/11 9:07 PM
 His correct title is " Guru Guy Chase" 

I've heard he is legit,despite the typical JKD bullshit
12/2/11 9:14 AM
twinkletoesCT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center, Head Instructor
 He's also a silver glove in savate.  
12/21/11 8:41 PM
de braco
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/21/11 8:43 PM
 Just saw this on the UK based catchwrestling united forum posted  by KJ Gould to another member. JKD strikes again. I remember when it took them 3 months to "absorb everything that was useful' from any particular art.

OK, in a nutshell he spent 8 weeks in Florida and was shown very little by Gotch or his assistant coaches other than basic ground positions. He was not a live-in student during this time, and you're not going to master anything - even basics - in 8 weeks. The only live-in student Gotch had was Sayama and that was many years before.

Chase is apparently legit in his other arts and has put the time in, but 8 weeks learning just positions (and not necessarily with Gotch, as Gotch was mostly attending to his ill wife's needs) does not make you qualified to coach Catch let alone use Gotch's name to do so.

Please pass on this information to the MMA.tv boards so people don't get hoodwinked.

1/8/12 8:51 AM
dezflag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about S.A.W. founder Hidetaka Aso, is he a Karl Gotch student?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.