UnderGround Forums

Training and Gear UnderGround >> Punching bag???

11/27/11 11:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zaiontz
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I planning to get a punching bag to train at home due to training only 2 days a week. Id like to know what weight punching bag i should get- 100 lbs or somewhere like 70 lbs. thank you Phone Post
11/29/11 3:49 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/11 3:49 PM
are you looking for a floor bag or hanging bag?

i like the thai bags for hanging bags, as i can do leg kicks, and they're heavy. but the water filled floor bags don't have issues with the bottoms getting hard/compressed, and aren't too bad if you move. personally, i hit/kick pretty hard, so i like them to be heavy...like full/250lbs. but some guys/gals like lighter bags that move a lot more....

that help at all?
11/30/11 2:11 AM
zaiontz
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helps alot really does and if i get a hanging bag wht weight should i get, im 130 lbs. and what do you prefer.. Hanging or stand up. Im going to use it mainly for kicking but punching combos as well.. Phone Post
12/2/11 1:25 PM
kawsy4209
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a 80 pound everlast brand new and literally had to kick the fuck out of it to break it in there so fucking hard..hurt like Hell and had nice shin bruises but I love it.plus it gets your shins stonger..the one I got has a looop at the bottom so you can hang and tie down so it won't move..get a 100 pins if you can afore it hit it and you can generate more power Phone Post
12/2/11 7:41 PM
zaiontz

Thanks Phone Post
1/27/12 11:09 AM
Gwhite
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zaiontz - Helps alot really does and if i get a hanging bag wht weight should i get, im 130 lbs. and what do you prefer.. Hanging or stand up. Im going to use it mainly for kicking but punching combos as well.. Phone Post
I weigh around 130 when i'm being lazy and I have both types, so I can relate. I like hanging bags ALOT more than the water filled bags. Here's a few reasons why:
1. Water filled bags move too much on the floor which gets really annoying.
2. Hanging bags (if you get the right weight) will swing quite a bit when punching and kicking, so you can use its momentum and also focus on your foot movement and sidestepping while throwing combos so the bag won't come back and hit you. Plus you can work on your timing, like say you hit the bag a few times, then you let it swing into you and as it's coming forward time it right to use your punch's momentem as the bag is coming forwards to make your hit even harder.
3. Hanging bags are just way more fun lol.

I think water filled bags would be better for just kicking, but you can still kick the shit out of a hanging bag too.

Hanging over floorbags anyday Phone Post
1/27/12 11:13 AM
Gwhite
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, I have the 80 lbs (I think) everlast bag. Black with the everlast logo in yellow on the top. I don't recall that bag being hard when I first got it, but it's perfect now. But at my old gym we got a camo everlast bag that was 120 lbs I think, and that shit was hard as a rock. I hated it lol. But they were also different material Phone Post
1/28/12 6:22 PM
buckrogers717

TITLE 2 in 1 bag rules!!!
1/28/12 10:22 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The everlast bags are packed very hard.
fwiw at most thai gyms they don't use banana bags.
My favorite heavy bags are the full leather fairtex bags. 
2/4/12 1:30 AM
zaiontz

Alot of help so for christmas i got the everlast cardio bag and lets just say i want a hanging bag instead. Oh well whats free is free. Phone Post
4/17/12 1:15 PM
la vengeance

I live in a 1/1 apartment and have a decent sized patio and just ordered an Everlast 100lb C3 heavy bag and a 2 station Everlast stand for $155. Pretty good deal, both got pretty good reviews.

Both should be coming in this week, next week latest. I'll be sure to report back.

Hopefully the product will be as pleasing as the price. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.