UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Breaking news : Pudzianowski vs Thompson NC

11/28/11 6:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just posted on this site few minutes ago

http://sport.wp.pl/kat,60960,title,KSW-anulowalo-wynik-walki-Pudzianowski-Thompson,wid,14027613,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1d765

Apparently the result has been changed and rightfully tho. Straight up BS call.
11/28/11 8:00 AM
Brigham
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow lol. KSW doing the right thing though. They knew it was shit and that result standing would only hurt their promotion. Phone Post
11/28/11 8:09 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Full article.  Anybody transcribe Polish?

- Czujemy si? winni tej sytuacji, dosz?o do technicznego b??du. Nie mo?emy si? skontaktowa? z Thompsonem - powiedzia? na poniedzia?kowej konferencji prasowej Martin Lewandowski, jeden z szefów KSW. Wyja?ni?, ?e dosz?o do b??dów komunikacyjnych mi?dzy s?dziami. 

- Omy?kowo poda?em s?dziemu ringowemu kart? z wynikami innego zawodnika - poinformowa? szef s?dziów KSW Piotr Bagi?ski. - S?dziowie powinni zarz?dzi? dogrywk? - doda?. 

Wycofujemy si? z wyników, walka nie b?dzie liczy?a si? do rekordów zawodników, zmieniamy jej wynik na "no contest" - poda? drugi z szefów najbardziej znanej polskiej federacji Maciej Kawulski. 

Po walce pojawi?y si? sugestie, ?e po takim wyniku walki "Pudziana" z Thompsonem zagraniczni zawodnicy strac? ch?? do przyje?d?ania na gale KSW. - W?a?nie dlatego podj?li?my t? trudn? decyzj? i anulowali?my werdykt - wyja?nili szefowie federacji.

11/28/11 8:32 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"judge mistakenly gave the card to the results of another player "

What does that mean?

I would like to see more details regarding this 'technical error' by the judges.
11/28/11 8:35 AM
The Mammoth
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the news KickYoNuts.

Shame it isnt a W for Thompson but a NC is better than nothing. Thompson has racked up a lot of losses due to poor management (Overeem, Aleks E etc) and poor conditioning on the night but he did not deserve this one.

I suspect there will be a third match between them and i just hope Thompson uses his rage to actually finish the fight.
11/28/11 8:36 AM
Kostakio
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen the fight but if it's justifiable to overturn it then why not?

11/28/11 8:44 AM
Fight! UK Online
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - "judge mistakenly gave the card to the results of another player "

What does that mean?

I would like to see more details regarding this 'technical error' by the judges.

Basically they're saying they read the scorecards wrong on the night, with one of the judges that was seen in favour of Pudzianowski actually scoring it for Thompson, thus making it a draw (and draws go to overtime, so it became a NC).

They're just trying to save face though.
11/28/11 8:50 AM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online - 
Steve4192 - "judge mistakenly gave the card to the results of another player "

What does that mean?

Basically they're saying they read the scorecards wrong on the night, with one of the judges that was seen in favour of Pudzianowski actually scoring it for Thompson, thus making it a draw (and draws go to overtime, so it became a NC).

They're just trying to save face though.

11/28/11 8:54 AM
ramit upper

Epic backtrack.

It`s so obvious what they were doing. The event was called "Revenge" FFS.
11/28/11 8:57 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at error

They didn't think they would receive so much negative press after this disgrace. Now they are trying to save their face.
11/28/11 9:21 AM
ranier wolfcastle
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my god these negative polish stereotypes!
11/28/11 9:32 AM
crowbar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KickYoNuts -  Lol at error

They didn't think they would receive so much negative press after this disgrace. Now they are trying to save their face.

11/28/11 9:36 AM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, sure...it was a mistake, riiiiiiight.
11/28/11 9:38 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
What pisses me off about  unregulated MMA is that this kind of crap is recorded in record databases like Sherdog's fight finder and FCFighter's finder database.

IMO there needs to be stricter guidelines concerning these databases and which events they decide to record. Any promotion that is allowed to play God with the outcome of their fights shouldn't be logged by sites that are viewed as the gold standard for MMA record keeping.

For example, when Hermes Franca lost that bullshit fight in Costa Rica to Kheder there was an outrage over the decision and it almost immediately got overturned, but there was no commision involved. The promoter simply decided that the decision wasnt a good look for their promotion so they decided to change it. As a result, Sherdog changed their records to a NC, wikipedia followed in their footsteps, FC Fighter still has it recorded as a loss for Franca and MMA.tv doesn't even have it listed.

Obviously there's something wrong here. The guidelines need to be more defined across the board so there's atleast some level of transparency when it come's to record keeping. Prior to this news fans looked at this KSW fight as being a loss for Thompson and now they view it as a NC, but in actuality they should be looking at this 'fight' more as an exhibition than anything else.
11/28/11 9:40 AM
ausgepicht

Teenage mutant lesnar turtle -  Yeah, sure...it was a mistake, riiiiiiight.

C'mon man...give them a break. "Mariuscz Pudzianowski" looks a lot like "James Thompson." Both very Polish looking.
11/28/11 9:42 AM
Bobby Lupo
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle - my god these negative polish stereotypes!

The jokes just write themselves sometimes
11/28/11 10:42 AM
Misoza
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if this would have even happened if Thompson didn't grab the mic an go on a rant post-fight.

I'm thinking not, well in Thompson.
11/28/11 10:47 AM
BobD
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grkblood - What pisses me off about  unregulated MMA is that this kind of crap is recorded in record databases like Sherdog's fight finder and FCFighter's finder database.

IMO there needs to be stricter guidelines concerning these databases and which events they decide to record. Any promotion that is allowed to play God with the outcome of their fights shouldn't be logged by sites that are viewed as the gold standard for MMA record keeping.

For example, when Hermes Franca lost that bullshit fight in Costa Rica to Kheder there was an outrage over the decision and it almost immediately got overturned, but there was no commision involved. The promoter simply decided that the decision wasnt a good look for their promotion so they decided to change it. As a result, Sherdog changed their records to a NC, wikipedia followed in their footsteps, FC Fighter still has it recorded as a loss for Franca and MMA.tv doesn't even have it listed.

Obviously there's something wrong here. The guidelines need to be more defined across the board so there's atleast some level of transparency when it come's to record keeping. Prior to this news fans looked at this KSW fight as being a loss for Thompson and now they view it as a NC, but in actuality they should be looking at this 'fight' more as an exhibition than anything else.
I'd like to point out that the database on this site, which is the official database in the US, does make the  distinction between events sanctioned by state commsions and events controlled only by the promoter.  In areas where there are no effective regulatory bodies, and that's most of the world, I have no idea how to implement oversight.

11/28/11 11:14 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/11 11:17 AM
grkblood - What pisses me off about unregulated MMA is that this kind of crap is recorded in record databases like Sherdog's fight finder and FCFighter's finder database.

If you got rid of all the unregulated events, you would have to (1) remove every fight result from the 1990s (2) remove every fight result from an event that did not occur in North America. Even after doing all that, you would still have to remove thousands and thousands of unregulated fights that still occur to this day in North America.

You would basically have to wipe out 75% of the history of the sport and ignore around half of all fights that occur every year. Even just looking at the UFC, you would have to remove their first 30ish events and every event held overseas (since they are self-regulated by Zuffa rather than a third party).

There is just WAY too much unregulated MMA to ignore it all.
11/28/11 11:20 AM
grkblood

Edited: 11/28/11 11:23 AM
Joe Show Radio, Owner
Steve4192 - 
grkblood - What pisses me off about  unregulated MMA is that this kind of crap is recorded in record databases like Sherdog's fight finder and FCFighter's finder database.

If you got rid of all the unregulated events, you would have to (1) remove every fight result from the 1990s (2) remove every fight result from an event that did not occur in North America. Even after doing all that, you would still have to remove thousands and thousands of unregulated fights that still occur to this day in North America.

You would basically have to wipe out 75% of the history of the sport and ignore around half of all fights that occur every year. There is just WAY too much unregulated MMA to ignore it all.
At some point there has to be uniformity. Perhaps have two columns for fighter records, one column for all fights, and one for only sanctioned fights. Also, is there some sort of cutoff with MMA.tv's database? I notice that IVC events are covered but RioHeroes arnt, but they're both vale tudo. Is vale tudo recorded or isn't it? Little things like this should be cleared up.
11/28/11 11:34 AM
mixedmartialfarts
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good on KSW for making things right, but unfortunately this will lead to Pudz vs Thompson 3.  There shouldn't have even been a second fight in my opinion.
11/28/11 12:03 PM
orcus

You would have to throw out all Pride results, where the promoter paid the salary of the referee and the judges, made up their own rules, and did (not do) their own testing.
11/28/11 12:07 PM
Frobenius

They're just desperately trying to pull themselves out the fookin toilet at this point. 
11/28/11 12:48 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is FOOKED!!
11/28/11 4:11 PM
Zomby

Oh well, at least they are doing the right thing now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.