UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> wtf is up w/ OSSSSS. dbags. jeebus

11/30/11 4:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's how we say hi in japan when you're an athlete from back in the day.

but now everybody is biting this shit.

some please enlighten me why i'm wrong on this and everyone who uses this isn't somekinda follower douchebag.
11/30/11 4:58 AM
MOB U2
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was told as a kid in karate in meant something like, "I'm ready" and we would chant it if we got tired to like I guess summon enough spirit to continue kicking ass (or man-ning up to let yourself get your ass kicked instead of just laying down like a dog). I remember even saying, "THANK YOU SENSEI OSU!" and getting side kicked in the solar plexus. I was supposed thank these fuckers. Hahaha. But I respect that about karate. Wakarimasu.

I don't know this context you speak of, but definitely I'd consider it extremely dishonorable if someone said it nonchalantly.

Kinda like 'AMEN' which is why I stopped taking religion so seriously. It was like everything I thought was sacred became a big entertainment joke for low performing guys who needed the standard to be lowered so they could keep their ADHD fucking brains on the scripture.
11/30/11 8:23 AM
hackett
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread sucks OSSSSSSSSSSSS

Strange people who say "AMEN" excessively do not effect my religious faith. Likewise, plenty of legit martial artists do the OSSSSS so why should they stop. Never seen this illegitimate OSSSing anyway, please enlighten

OSSSSSS there it is

OSSSSSSS upside your head

Nutsac
11/30/11 8:25 AM
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't heard anyone say it here? In Japan I only noticed younger Japanese guys saying it in the gyms.
11/30/11 8:36 AM
hackett
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, only heard it in martial arts. US, Japan, and Facebook.

You can OSSSS me in the morning you can OSSSS me in the night you can OSSSS me when you want to OSSSS me
11/30/11 11:34 AM
FCTV808
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey watch me OSSSSSSS! dbags
11/30/11 12:25 PM
TheAlchemist
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick his OSSSSSSSSSSS Seabass!
11/30/11 2:01 PM
FCTV808

believe it or not kc, they use this in many of the southern judo ryos.

i just don't get this picking it up into daily speak? fucking poser-ish.

wtf
11/30/11 2:26 PM
FCTV808

nippon atarimai daze...
11/30/11 4:16 PM
JIMMYNAKS
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oshitte mitte dame Nara, hite miyo ze.

Ooossss! Phone Post
11/30/11 4:28 PM
TheAlchemist
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bukakke! Ossssss!
11/30/11 4:28 PM
NECKCRANK808
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I aprove of this thread ossss

Honestly it's fucking annoying especially when I see it all over Facebook Its become the trendy thing to do just like Jiu jitsu to many sheep not enough wolves IMO

11/30/11 4:43 PM
FCTV808

fuck ossss in teh ass
12/1/11 12:45 AM
hackett

Edited: 04/05/12 6:23 AM
Some judo guys do it. Maybe George Mehdi spread the OSU among the BJJ set. Seems a bunch of old Carlson guys like it.

Why shite like this sets you off I will never understand

I can see it now:

Allan Goes: OSU!

Kurano: Whatever dbag

Then it's RIP Kurano... or... burn in a hell of Micronesian hapas or whatever else is pissing you off this week...CHOOSE WISELY
12/1/11 1:08 AM
MOB U2
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THE BEST OSSS IS WHEN YOU SURPRISE SEX HER IN THE DODO-HOLE.

But still haven't seen it on my FB . . . . yet.

Btw, I thought 'mu-shin' was the in thing. See that kanji everywhere stylized and put on pretty graphics and shit.
12/1/11 2:24 AM
FCTV808

hackett - Some judo guys do it. Maybe George Medhi spread the OSU among the BJJ set. Seems a bunch of old Carlson guys like it.

Why shite like this sets you off I will never understand

I can see it now:

Allan Goes: OSU!

Kurano: Whatever dbag

Then it's RIP Kurano... or... burn in a hell of Micronesian hapas or whatever else is pissing you off this week...CHOOSE WISELY

lol at fearing mma fighters. fren, you don't read the hg very well.
12/1/11 2:28 AM
FCTV808

MOB U2 - THE BEST OSSS IS WHEN YOU SURPRISE SEX HER IN THE DODO-HOLE.

But still haven't seen it on my FB . . . . yet.

Btw, I thought 'mu-shin' was the in thing. See that kanji everywhere stylized and put on pretty graphics and shit.

that's the other thing. so many jfriends always stare at nonkanji reading tat people and ask, "why does he/she put awkwardly organized kanji, or the obvious on their body?" and my answer of course, "because fren, they're stoopid."
12/1/11 6:30 PM
tjmitch
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whols OOOSSSSS thing also pisses me off!!!

As has been stated, if you already have spent a considerable amount of time in a traditional karate school, then you can OSS at bjj. I understand it is engrained. I train with a guy who has done it since day 1, but he is a guy with 20+ years as a traditional MA guy.

The rest can STFU.

I blame the 'ILoveBJJ' facebook page.
12/1/11 11:15 PM
JIMMYNAKS
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moar Mushin for the pushin Phone Post
12/2/11 2:15 AM
FCTV808

TJMITCH HAS WET DOGGED TEH CORRECT!
12/2/11 3:46 AM
jjd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see a lot of high ranking black belts like Saulo and Xande saying "Oss", but you guys are way better and know much more so I guess you guys are right.

LMAO!
12/2/11 7:30 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

worked with and for Japanese for a couple of years.

they got me saying that shit.

i say it whenever i pick up something heavy.

its a reflex at this point.
12/2/11 8:04 AM
hackett

jjd - I see a lot of high ranking black belts like Saulo and Xande saying "Oss", but you guys are way better and know much more so I guess you guys are right.

LMAO!

Checkmate
12/2/11 8:54 AM
FCTV808

i still don't get how this enlightens me as to why everyone should be justified to use OSSSSS? so s and x use it. so goes uses it. they are seasoned athletes that have trained tma long enough and possibly used it from their kid days.

dbag fb fucks ossss-ing all over the place degrade their OSSSSes. let me guess, you two both OSSSS now right? lol
12/2/11 11:18 PM
jjd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if the people in there class pick it up from them are they Dbags for saying it, like you say?

*oh yeah, your forum so you can't be wrong=(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.