UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Referee defends nut punt decision

11/30/11 9:29 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

http://i43.tinypic.com/2us8igy.gif

Saturday night, at The Bellator Fighting Championships' season-five heavyweight tournament finale, Thiago Santos was controlling Eric Prindle pretty handily, until he punt kicked the prone Prindle in the junk.

Had the punt been ruled intentional, Santos likely would have been disqualified, and Prindle would have taken the tournament crown, a six-figure payout, and a title shot against Heavyweight champion Cole Konrad.  However, the bout was declared a No Contest, after the referee Greg Franklin determined the kick was unintentional, and Prindle was unable to continue.

Prindle has publicly questioned how the kick could have been ruled unintentional.

The referee disagrees. "It looked like he was trying to kick the back of his hamstring," Franklin said. "And when he swung his leg, it caught [Prindle] right between the legs," Franklin said on Tuesday. "So, I didn't deem that it was intentional."

"I had to pull (Thiago Santos') trainer in because he doesn't speak English, and I tried to explain to him what was going on. He tried to plead his case and basically state that he wasn't going for the groin, which I had already made my decision that I didn't think it was an intentional shot.

"It wouldn't have mattered whether he pleaded his case or not. I'd already made my decision, and I wasn't going to change my decision."

Bellator will book a rematch in 2012 to decide the tournament champion.

Prindle's swollen nut, which is currently having its 15 minutes of fame, has been prescribed  an anti-inflammatory steroid.

Read entire article...

11/30/11 9:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very odd time to employ the kongo technique. Based on the pure stupidity of it you could argue it was unintentional.
11/30/11 10:12 AM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground News - 

The swollen nut has been prescribed  anti-inflammatory steroid.

ttt for the nut.
11/30/11 11:12 AM
fabes
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's saying he wasn't aiming for his groin? So he was aiming for what then? Phone Post
11/30/11 11:34 AM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/11 11:38 AM
 I would have kicked him in the buttocks/tailbone myself.Just like if I`m in a guys guard,he is getting knee`d in the tailbone over & over with bad intentions.  
11/30/11 3:32 PM
McBottery
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -  I would have kicked him in the buttocks/tailbone myself.Just like if I`m in a guys guard,he is getting knee`d in the tailbone over & over with bad intentions.  

Tailbone is part of the spine bro.  Also I'm sure it would be pretty damn hard to target the tailbone without clipping the balls pretty often.
11/30/11 4:45 PM
Br0ckFnSams0n
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -  I would have kicked him in the buttocks/tailbone myself.Just like if I`m in a guys guard,he is getting knee`d in the tailbone over & over with bad intentions.  

So you're saying you get swept alot?
11/30/11 4:51 PM
crowbar
742 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes,that`s what I`m saying.

And by the way,not necessarily targeting the tailbone,but at least the butt cheeks.
12/1/11 10:37 PM
Br0ckFnSams0n
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will add that to my repertoire, seems quite handy. I will be certain to credit you with any success.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.