UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Fasting, whats your experience?

11/30/11 1:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have seen this topic come up alot, just wondering what the benefits are and what an outline of fasting would be? I have seen people say they blend all their foods and drink them as a shake other say they just drink water.
12/1/11 9:44 AM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tried caloric restriction and also low-carb/no-carb diets.

For the most part, it's great. However, you have to be careful. If you are eating carbs, you have to steadily reduce them and let your body get used to the reduction in free readily available sugar. Once your carb levels are low, you can start to generally resrict food intake. Once your body is used to it, you will be amazed how well you can function on very little food.
12/3/11 12:22 AM
Seong gyeong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have done juice fasts and I also did a 10-day water fast. However, I made one mistake each time.

Before you fast, you should already have been eating healthy for an extended period of time in order to build up your nutrient reserves--at least, that's my understanding based on everything I've read about fasting.

In my case, I was eating McDonald's daily, and then attempting to fast. Needless to say, it wasn't pleasant, nor did I feel that I gained any health benefits.

You may find that just by eating healthy for long enough, you don't need to do a fast after all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.