UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Sass vs. Evan Dunham in January

12/1/11 7:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both guys have verbally agreed to the fight for UFC on Fox 2.

Huge step up for Sass, but glad he's getting a bigger name. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1794/paul-sass-evan-dunham-ufc-on-fox-2.htm
12/1/11 8:29 AM
Donald Rice Cerrone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too bad. wanted to see sass win
12/1/11 8:38 AM
ZJJitsu705
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donald Rice Cerrone - too bad. wanted to see sass win

Dunham will need to keep it standing, I understand he is a BJJ blackbelt, but I believe Sass is too explosive and active off of his back.  I do think dunham is very capable of grinding it out on the ground, but he will need to play it safe.
12/1/11 8:41 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, that's some interesting matchmaking.  Props to joe silva for that.  We knew Sass would get a bump up and this a pretty good one. 
12/1/11 9:00 AM
Don_Dada
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough fight for Paul.
12/1/11 9:31 AM
minotauro11
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunham wins this easily. Phone Post
12/1/11 11:08 AM
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -  Wow, that's some interesting matchmaking.  Props to joe silva for that.  We knew Sass would get a bump up and this a pretty good one. 

It is interesting, and a great gauge of where Sass is at right now against a well-rounded oponent. Nice fight for him, not much to lose as he's gonna be a big underdog.
12/1/11 11:09 AM
Chris Power
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very tough fight for Sass, he's gonna need more than a sub game to take out Dunham imo.
12/1/11 11:22 AM
fabes
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

minotauro11 - Dunham wins this easily. Phone Post
Not sure if it will be easy but Evan is too well rounded imo. I know Melvin killed his path to the title, but I still think he'll be a legit contender. Phone Post
12/1/11 11:57 AM
RKing85
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really like that fight!

Slight slight edge to Dunham at this point in time.
12/1/11 12:00 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunham is gonna win this fight, Sass only chance is off his back pulling out a sub and he can do it but if Dunham keeps it standing he will school him.

12/1/11 12:20 PM
Kingtony87
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I like both of these guys Phone Post
12/1/11 5:41 PM
Fight! UK Online

Some people are really writing Sass off. I've done it before and he's proved me wrong, so let's see if he can step up to the plate here.

12/1/11 7:06 PM
BrunoMcGyver
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/11 7:07 PM
Wow I just jizzed in my pants reading this news. Awesome fight. Dunham is obviously the more seasoned vet with his only losses coming from what a lot see as a bullshit decision to Sherk and a ko from a guy with arguably the best stand up game in the lw division.

Sass's sub game is unreal but is still refining his stand up. I would have preferred to see him take someone live Siver, Castillo or Vagner Rocha, but Sass really has nothing to lose against Dunham. If he wins, great, sky's the limit! If he loses, he has a much clearer idea about the holes in his game and what how he needs to fix them to get back to winning ways.

However, I do see this fight being something similar to Cerrone vs Rocha; Dunham, although highly competent on the ground, will likely do all he can to avoid going there knowing that he's more dominant in the stand-up.<br /><br />Dunham 30-27 decision.
12/1/11 8:12 PM
Fight! UK Online

Sass has some great guard pulls that are effective for him. I don't necessarily see him taking Dunham down. It's gonna be interesting to see how it pans out. Dunham definitely has more tools, but is Paul's main one sharper?
12/1/11 9:20 PM
robbie380
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are the actually gonna show more than one fuckin fight on the televised card this time????
12/2/11 4:48 AM
Fight! UK Online

robbie380 -  Are the actually gonna show more than one fuckin fight on the televised card this time????

Dunno mate, I hope so.
12/2/11 8:26 AM
RJJH
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I reall like dunham, but Sass wins this fight by sub.

Dunham is a BB sure, but Sass is on another level of BJJ.
12/2/11 8:29 AM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJH - I reall like dunham, but Sass wins this fight by sub.

How the hell is Sass on another level of BJJ than Dunham? Is he even a blackbelt?
12/2/11 8:33 AM
BrunoMcGyver
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brown from what I've heard
12/2/11 8:37 AM
ClearwaterFLMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

robbie380 -  Are the actually gonna show more than one fuckin fight on the televised card this time????

Yes. The only reason they only showed 1 fight on the first Fox fight was because it wasn't a fight that was under terms of the new deal between the UFC and Fox.
12/2/11 9:27 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ClearwaterFLMMA - 

Yes. The only reason they only showed 1 fight on the first Fox fight was because it wasn't a fight that was under terms of the new deal between the UFC and Fox.

^ This

Dana said the next FOX show will have four televised fights.
12/2/11 9:28 AM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow tough fight for Sass. Hope he wins!
12/2/11 12:53 PM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunham is going to pound the shit outta Paul Sass.
12/3/11 3:14 AM
Fight! UK Online

mkou - 
RJJH - I reall like dunham, but Sass wins this fight by sub.

How the hell is Sass on another level of BJJ than Dunham? Is he even a blackbelt? 
Brown belt I believe, but hasn't trained gi BJJ for a long time as far as I know - they do luta livre at Kaobon.

There's no way Sass is on another level, but he is very unorthodox and dangerous off his back. He is probably one of the most dangerous guys in the division off his back, but his top game is yet to be really tested.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.