UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Pro Grappling tomorrow

12/3/11 4:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elite promotions ammy MMA show has turned into a pro grappling event tomorrow at Finnigans on the River Brickell (Miami). Jarrod Card, Pablo Alfonso, Shah Bobonis and a grappler to be announced will be doing a no gi 4 man tournament. All of the above mentioned fighters have held or currently hold a belt in different MMA organizations. Your not going to want to miss this.
12/5/11 1:04 PM
Tom Lawlor
484 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Results? Phone Post
12/5/11 3:09 PM
shah5297
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Opening round Pablo Alfonso(brown belt) beat Jarrod Card(brown belt) 8-4. Pablo used a good arm drag to single to score a take down. Used great top control staying safe. Pablo Scored with two take downs and two guard passes if I remember correctly. Jarrod had a sweep and went straight to the back of Pablo in the closing seconds to get his four points.
I went against Tony Christodoulou purple belt/ pro 155 mma fighter in the first rd. Got the win on points 8-2. Hit a lat drop straight to side control. Took his back, then lost control and ended up on bottom. Got back up hit a far knee block and ended the round in Tonys half guard.
In the final I lost to Pablo in overtime. We traded take downs in regulation 2-2 . Pablo pulled gaurd at the begining of overtime and with a minuter left I broke his gaurd open, was trying to pass when he went to all fours. I got greedy and went for his back, had the harnest and was looking to put in a hook but Pablo turned into me and got top position. Had tons of fun, first grappling tournament Ive done in years. The link to the video of the finals.

http://cagejunkies.com/2011/12/angel-corchado-and-pablo-alfonso-win-at-elite-promotions-video/
12/5/11 8:19 PM
phdinmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What scoring system did you guys use? Phone Post
12/5/11 10:15 PM
shah5297

I was told NAGA rules. I dont know anything about bjj scoring,Ive done a few tournaments in my life so I was in the dark about how the scoring goes.
12/6/11 9:00 AM
phdinmma

shah5297 -  I was told NAGA rules. I dont know anything about bjj scoring,Ive done a few tournaments in my life so I was in the dark about how the scoring goes.
Cool man, well if you're in the area, feb 18th were holding a tourney in davie. $250 absolute cash prize. Come check it out.

Fxgrappling.com Phone Post
12/6/11 8:30 PM
shah5297

I was thinkning about doing NAGA the 17th but Davie sounds like a much more enjoyable drive than Orlando. Shoot me an email maybe we can get Pablo to give me a rematch.
12/6/11 8:46 PM
phdinmma

That would be great.

Vagner won our cash prize last year Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.