UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> vancouver canucks

3/8/12 12:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.. will the Canucks turn the slump around tonight against the Jets?  Will they make another deep playoff run?  Will they finally win it all this year?
3/8/12 1:51 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - TTT.. will the Canucks turn the slump around tonight against the Jets?  Will they make another deep playoff run?  Will they finally win it all this year?

You know what's awesome? Being in a slump for 20 games and still being at the top of the league!
4/14/12 12:57 AM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

0-2, next 2 games in LA = Presidents trophy winning Canucks dont do Fuckall in the playoffs once more.

Poor, poor showing
4/16/12 11:25 AM
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's heart breaking to watch these Canucks lose like this. It seems they can't buy a goal. One more loss, and heads are gonna roll!!!
4/16/12 11:36 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - It's heart breaking to watch these Canucks lose like this. It seems they can't buy a goal. One more loss, and heads are gonna roll!!!

If only we had 3 scoring lines instead of two lines and a "shutdown" one with Pahlsson.
4/17/12 3:43 PM
buckshot44

PR - 
buckshot44 - It's heart breaking to watch these Canucks lose like this. It seems they can't buy a goal. One more loss, and heads are gonna roll!!!

If only we had 3 scoring lines instead of two lines and a "shutdown" one with Pahlsson.

I hope Daniel plays, puts the team on his back, for the next 4 games as the Canucks do the impossible and win 4 straight! GO CANUCKS GO!!
4/19/12 1:24 PM
buckshot44

Great game last night!!!
Anyone see the hot bish in the yellow shirt?

Sweet baby jesus!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/1gq97l.jpg
8/30/12 4:51 AM
Megatherium
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lu and his mother of all anchor contracts is proving to be a tough sell. When Bobby signed that sucker he was signing for life. It sucks but it looks more and more like they'll eventually have to trade Schneider, what with Bobby and his ten year, $5.3 million cap hit being impossible to move and all.

Mike Gillis really got beat by Luongo's agent in that contract negotiation I think. Gillis was still thinking like a player agent; it was the perfect time for Gilles Lupien to get over big time on the rookie GM Gillis. As for now, we're looking at around $10 million in goal as the season (hopefully)approaches.

I wish that Mikey would say goodbye to Vancouver.
8/30/12 10:33 AM
PR

If you look at Gillis' track record... he's not all he is cracked up to be. Very hit and miss.

He offered Sundin $20 mil over two years... if Sundin would have accepted that instead of playing just a half season... Gillis would already have been gone.
8/30/12 3:10 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not his contract that's a tough sell, it isn't a problem for Florida as far as I know. I think the asking price is too high(whatever it is).
9/10/12 5:08 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The contract isn't much of an issue, it's actually a decent cap hit for a goalie of his calibre. Term isn't even as bad as it looks at first glance with out clauses for the team and for Lu.
Gillis is being smart by being patient. Lu will be moved when someone gets desparate enough to meet Gillis' asking price, and Florida probably will. Mark1's inside sources tell me that they're actually not too far off now even. 

9/10/12 5:29 AM
Megatherium
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know Luongo likes Florida as a destination but I really doubt their that interested. They are looking for a lower cost option than Bobby's 6,714,000 annual salary, which he'll 'earn' until he's 39 years old; the contract doesn't actually expire until he's 43 years old. The Panthers need to look at actual payout, not just cap hit like the Canucks.

The other thing to consider is the fact that the Panthers have young Jacob Markstrom in their system, an elite 22 year old goaltending prospect who is ready for prime time. What they need is an affordable veteran to share the net as Markstrom develops.

When Gillis signed Luongo to that lifetime contract that's exactly what he was getting. A lifetime of Luongo.

Shrewd move Mikey!

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=683

9/10/12 5:30 AM
Megatherium

They're, not there.^^^
9/17/12 4:26 AM
Megatherium

Well this lockout certainly sucks.

If some hockey fan with a pro membership should see this and wants to take the edge off, well, be my guest.

http://youtu.be/EgydkfnUEi8
9/18/12 12:52 AM
HenryO

Lockout until December or so is good for Canucks I would say. They have pretty much the exact same roster and dont need the time to gel like so many other teams, Kesler is out til then too. 20 or so less games on one of the more veteran teams in the league wont hurt come April either
9/18/12 1:04 AM
Megatherium

Edited: 09/18/12 1:38 AM
Absolutely. Guys like Kassian, Tanev, Lack and Schroeder can use some more AHL seasoning too. Prospects need a little extra experience and maturity to play and thrive up here in the media/fan fishbowl, I feel.
9/19/12 3:43 AM
Megatherium

I see that the big stars with the huge bank accounts are off to Europe again to steal the jobs from the working class players just because they can. Just like they did during the last lockout. Who is advising these guys? This would be like Tom Cruise coming up here during an actors union strike and stealing John McKeachie's Key West Ford radio commercial, just for the hell of it, because he could. Fucking scumbags!

I hope the owners break their backs. Punks.
9/19/12 12:04 PM
HenryO

Megatherium - I see that the big stars with the huge bank accounts are off to Europe again to steal the jobs from the working class players just because they can. Just like they did during the last lockout. Who is advising these guys? This would be like Tom Cruise coming up here during an actors union strike and stealing John McKeachie's Key West Ford radio commercial, just for the hell of it, because he could. Fucking scumbags!

I hope the owners break their backs. Punks.

Not their fault that the owners have come to them requesting a reduction in salaries that they handed out. The world is an open market, tough luck
9/19/12 2:30 PM
Megatherium

Edited: 09/19/12 2:33 PM
I would love to see the league use replacement players then.
Turnabout is fair play.
9/19/12 9:53 PM
HenryO

They are locking the players out, the players arent on Strike.

Anyone that would support a league with replacement players is a piece of shit
9/19/12 10:29 PM
Megatherium

Edited: 09/20/12 2:30 PM
These fuckers like Rick Nash, who have God knows how many millions socked away for their dynasties, are putting subsistence level players out of pro hockey jobs and taking the bread off of their tables just because they can. That is the not the behavior of a union that deserves any public support. A very good friend of mine lost his job playing pro hockey in Europe and making a nice living at it to one of these fat cat fuckers in a previous lockout.

Who is advising these people? Fuck these guys. I would like to have see someone knock on my friends door and cheerfully explain that he was losing his job to a locked out multi-millionaire kid who wants to stay in game shape. It's fucking sickening.
9/19/12 10:42 PM
Megatherium

HenryO - They are locking the players out, the players arent on Strike.

Anyone that would support a league with replacement players is a piece of shit

The world is an open market,tough luck.

Anyone who can't see it is a festered asshole.
9/19/12 11:10 PM
HenryO

You sound like a whiny cunt
9/20/12 12:14 AM
Megatherium

Edited: 09/20/12 2:51 PM
And you seem to resort to personal attacks at the drop of a hat. That's not respectable nor is it very classy. It's undignified and smacks of youthful inexperience. Rick Nash doesn't need to take a working class players job. You'll understand this one day, God willin' and the creek don't rise.

You see, Nash has already earned about $30 million before taxes so far in his young career. He is scheduled to earn another $62.4 million over the next 8 years. Does he really need to take the job of someone making, say, $125,000, like my friend Jeff was scheduled to get for playing the '04-05 season in Europe before he got bumped from his spot on the team due to the influx of NHLers when the last NHL lockout happened. He wound up coming home to Vancouver and taking a job in construction. Just imagine how bad that sucked. You got to feel for a guy in that situation, no?

And if you didn't know , the average salary in the Swiss league seems to be around $170,000, the top guys get around $800,000-$900,000 as far as I can tell. So Nash and Thornton are gonna 'haul in' around ten percent of their NHL salaries.

The Nash numbers from CapGeek:

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=586
10/10/12 8:44 PM
Trombles
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd just like to say,

CANUCKS RULE!!!

And I'm pissed there is no game tommorrow, or the next day, or the next.......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.