UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> can eggs make you tired/drowsy?

12/6/11 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey

i occasionally eat boiled or scrambled eggs for breakfast; sometimes it seems to absolutely knock me out, like a sugar crash but theres no sugar involved as i rarely drink fruit juice. I am also highly lactose intolerant so theres no dairy either.

ive been trying to time the crash with my eating and it seems that eggs could be the cuprit but that seems batshit crazy, how can anyone crash out off a few eggs??
12/9/11 11:33 AM
Seong gyeong
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to have trouble sleeping, and a co-worker of mine would swear that eggs help you go to sleep. I have no idea what he based it on, but he was very firm in his belief. I tried it a few times and they seemed to help, though could have just been a placebo effect.
12/9/11 11:41 AM
U4EA
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would think it will be attributable to one or both of these: -

1. Tryptohan. There is some suggestion that this stuff is like a mild sedative, and eggs are full of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

2. Allergy to egg albumen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_white_intolerance#Egg_white_intolerance
12/10/11 3:53 PM
john joe
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks fellas. Whats funny is, I wrote that original post in my egg-haze and I can tell just from the way it is written that I was clearly not thinking straight, very poorly written sentences by my usual standards. Reading that back I can clearly remember the heavy brain-fog I was in at the time I wrote it. Crazy.

Fuck eggs. Stupid chicken poop
12/10/11 4:34 PM
U4EA
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thing to watch for is if you are eating it with toast (or more toast than normal) because of the wheat gluten. Allergies are VERY common and a lot of peope never get any symptoms, or at least none they notice.

The vast, vast majority of all allergies/intolerances can be explained away (such as banana, strawberry, carrots, dairy, wheat, eggs, yeast etc) easily as they are all either not naturally occuring (banana, strawberry, carrot and the other "Frankenfoods") or stuff we were simply never supposed to eat (everything else on that list - whoever thought it was a good idea to try eating yeast?).

AFAIK, eggs came into the human diet late, but not as late as wheat etc (when we discovered agriculture, and proceeded to ruin our body chemistry with low-nutrient, highly insulinogenic grains). So, based on that, the allergy would be there as we are evolved to eat them (I am fairly sure egg-eating snakes don't have an egg allergy... because they evolved to eat them).

I have a few allergies, and the symptoms vary a great deal...

1) Dairy - gives me gas and makes me itch if I eat a lot of it.
2) Wheat - gave me eczema, dry skin, asthma, fatigue and bloating for about 30 years before I realised it was the culprit.

I dont think I am too good with eggs, but they don't make me tired. Wheat, on the other hand, is like a sedative to me.

Dairy, eggs, carbs (grains, starches), Frankenfoods... get all that bollocks out of your diet and you should notice a difference in health/energy etc.
12/11/11 8:04 AM
john joe

well i try and cut dairy out entirely as i am majorly lactose intolerant. Had mild intolerance until I caught gastroneteritis and it stripped out all my digestive fauna. Cant even look at a yoghurt without farting now :/

but they put dairy in fuckin everything man! Milk powder, casein, whey.. sometimes they even use pure lactose as a sweetener because its a sugar. And they use it in some beers to give a creamier head - you cant see that coming, its a fuckin nightmare if i drink one of those let me tell you.

whats wrong with bananas, strawberries and yeast?
12/11/11 9:51 AM
U4EA

Yeah, lactose is everywhere.

Bananas, strawberries, carrots and a few others fruits are not naturally occuring and have been selectively grow for generations to make them into what they are today. As a result, they have mutant protein/sugars which are unnatural. Proteins and sugar are bioactive in the body (for instance, venom is protein based) so if a foreign one gets in there that the body can't identify (lactose, gluten, casein etc), then the body will react to it in some way. The reaction can be anything from just recognising it and not doing much about it because it doesn't think that it's that bad through to serious issues such as anaphylaxis, coeliac etc.

As for yeast... why in fuck's name would you eat that? Do you think primates go looking for damp, rotting things covered in mold to eat? Lactose and gluten are well-known culprits but yeast is also considered by many to be a major allergy that goes unnoticed.

Look up candidiasis. That is an example of what mold can do to the human body. And you will also notice that systemic candiadisis is caused by eating sugar, even very complex sugar, such as complex carbs.
12/12/11 1:48 PM
BshMstr
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've been thinking about this, and don't know why aggs would make you tired...the yolks have a lot of choline and inositol, which is important for acetylcholine and other neurotransmitters.

possibly the high amount of fat or cholesterol, amking you feel sluggish...

i think U4EA is on to something with the other factors......
12/12/11 2:43 PM
U4EA

Edited: 12/12/11 3:19 PM
Fat wont make you feel sluggish. At least, not in the metabolic sense.
12/12/11 3:28 PM
BshMstr
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - Fat wont make you feel sluggish. At least, not in the metabolic sense.

i was kind of thinking when you eat a bigass steak and a bunch of other food, and feel sluggish afterwards. but that's prolly due to ther overall caloric demand and stuff though, right?
12/12/11 3:43 PM
U4EA

I think that would be down to what you ate it with. Sluggishness from the caloric value of the food almost certainly wont be a factor unless the food has a significant GI rating.
12/14/11 12:59 PM
traneufcisback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I laugh at posts like this.
Suuure, all foods are bad, oops, no dairy, whole grains, fruits, root crops, seafood (allergies), eggs. Just meat, right?

12/14/11 2:09 PM
U4EA

traneufcisback -  I laugh at posts like this.
Suuure, all foods are bad, oops, no dairy, whole grains, fruits, root crops, seafood (allergies), eggs. Just meat, right?

Kill yourself.
12/15/11 1:48 PM
john joe

traneufcisback -  I laugh at posts like this.

i would like to drink a gallon of milk then get trapped in a small windowless room with you. I think you would redress your opinion.

Like people are going around making shit up to look glamorous or something, lol , idiot
12/21/11 5:18 AM
U4EA

JJ,

What happened with the gastroneteritis? I have a mate who got CFS about 1 year ago after a course of antibiotics. He went private (I am UK) to get treatment and they found that his gut chemistry was slaughtered. He was an elite athlete and a picture of health and could eat whatever he wanted and it never affected his energy, digestion or health in any way.

He noticed after he started to get CFS symptoms that anytime he ate dairy or bread he would get really sick from it, gurgling/sore stomach, bloating etc. The clinic did allergy tests on him and he had quite a few allergies, the worst of the lot being gluten, dairy and yeast, all of which he was severely allergic to. He had never had any symptoms at all until he got sick and the clinic told him that a lot of people that are badly allergic still don't get any obvious symptoms from it but if their gut chemistry gets nuked, they will suddenly become hypersensitive.
12/21/11 3:30 PM
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why would eggs be bad for you?
12/22/11 5:47 AM
john joe

U4EA - JJ,

What happened with the gastroneteritis? I have a mate who got CFS about 1 year ago after a course of antibiotics. He went private (I am UK) to get treatment and they found that his gut chemistry was slaughtered. He was an elite athlete and a picture of health and could eat whatever he wanted and it never affected his energy, digestion or health in any way.

He noticed after he started to get CFS symptoms that anytime he ate dairy or bread he would get really sick from it, gurgling/sore stomach, bloating etc. The clinic did allergy tests on him and he had quite a few allergies, the worst of the lot being gluten, dairy and yeast, all of which he was severely allergic to. He had never had any symptoms at all until he got sick and the clinic told him that a lot of people that are badly allergic still don't get any obvious symptoms from it but if their gut chemistry gets nuked, they will suddenly become hypersensitive.

that was basically it, yeah

i actually got the gastro from Alessio Sakara! i interviewed him in germany when he was supposed to fight Rivera, like three days out from the fight, then of course on the Saturday he is a puking shitting shivering mess coz the gastro has kicked in, so he is pulled from the card just an hour or two from the fight

i returned to the UK on the Sunday and was fine, then i am lying in bed sunday night and quick as a flash i got this thought, "WTF, i am gonna be sick!" and i ran to the bathroom where i puked like something from the exorcist

the puking and shitting went on for three of four days and i have never known anything like it, i lost half a stone/4 kilos in weight just through this. The vomiting was so intense it was like someone screwing my intestines up with their hand; i was puking into the bath because it was spraying too forcefully for me to aim for the toilet and guarantee getting it in. I had my hands on the edge of the bath and the puking was so intense and painful i was actually lifting myself off the floor with it; mental

afterwards my mild lactose intolerane turned into super-sensitive lactose intolerance and i cant even look at a glass of milk without farting. Ive always had problems with crashing out off eating as well, i dont know whether its carbs or what, and that got pretty bad for a while but has eased off

doc said that gastro "strips your digestive fauna" and that if you lose your lactase - the germ that digests lactose - you cant replace it as an adult. So thats that. I use lactase tablets now when i eat out etc, makes all the difference
12/22/11 6:54 AM
U4EA

If you are crashing out after eating, try cutting out all wheat. That stuff just sends me to sleep.

I was going to suggest lactase tablets to you, but you are there already.

And remind me never to use your bath.
12/22/11 6:58 AM
U4EA

I'll bet you regret this...

http://i42.tinypic.com/xmprhw.jpg
12/22/11 11:59 AM
john joe

Edited: 12/22/11 11:59 AM
U4EA - I'll bet you regret this... http://i42.tinypic.com/xmprhw.jpg
that was the exact moment i bet !!

look at that black eye as well, very professional. Ariel never has black eyes. He must have great head movement.

12/22/11 12:21 PM
U4EA

BTW, given that your surname is (I assume) Irish, you might want to be extra careful about wheat. Supposedly, gluten intolerance/coeliac disorder is much more common in people with Celtic blood (I am Scots/Anglo-Irish by blood). That stuff was making me ill/tired for years before I finally worked out what it was.
12/25/11 10:34 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
U4EA - Fat wont make you feel sluggish. At least, not in the metabolic sense.

i was kind of thinking when you eat a bigass steak and a bunch of other food, and feel sluggish afterwards. but that's prolly due to ther overall caloric demand and stuff though, right?

this is going to be a VERY oversimplified answer but any food you eat that is making you drowsy is either unhealthy in the way it was prepared, the food itself or the amount you've eaten. this isn't a knock on "unhealthy" diets or whatever but remember the whole point of eating is to provide ENERGY...not to cause drowsiness and feeling bloated and basically sick...

Yuri Elkaim wrote a great book called "Eating for Energy" It should be a required reading in school to learn wtf you are doing to yourself.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.