UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> knees killing me when I shoot

12/6/11 9:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
strikknucklez
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/11 9:42 PM

Hey how do I prevent my knee(s) from hitting the mat when I shoot all the time<br /><br />I sometimes it happens but I see that good wrestler's knee glide off the mat while mine slam down<br /><br />help man!
12/7/11 3:19 AM
Im a real boy

Common reason for this is not changing levels, just falling onto your knee. Practice helps a lot, it's like how boxers combinations look so fluid, yet guys who throw the exact same straight jab cross look stiff. The fluidity is something that comes with time.
12/7/11 7:44 AM
The Persian Devil
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't need to drop your knee when you shoot doubles. Change levels, keep your back straight throughout, head slightly up, shrug shoulders and shoot.

If you are both in orthodox stance, you would step in with your left foot between his legs and right leg on the outside of his left leg. You change levels simultaneously as you are shooting in.

If you absolutely have to drop the knee for some reason, make sure you go from heel to toe on your front leg and stay fluid throughout the movement.
12/13/11 12:54 AM
strikknucklez

The Persian Devil - You don't need to drop your knee when you shoot doubles. Change levels, keep your back straight throughout, head slightly up, shrug shoulders and shoot.

If you are both in orthodox stance, you would step in with your left foot between his legs and right leg on the outside of his left leg. You change levels simultaneously as you are shooting in.

If you absolutely have to drop the knee for some reason, make sure you go from heel to toe on your front leg and stay fluid throughout the movement.

This totally improved my game! Why shrug the shoulders?
12/13/11 2:07 AM
The Persian Devil
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

strikknucklez -
The Persian Devil - You don't need to drop your knee when you shoot doubles. Change levels, keep your back straight throughout, head slightly up, shrug shoulders and shoot.

This totally improved my game! Why shrug the shoulders?
You want to block his hands from controlling your head or going for guillotines. Nice to hear it helped :-) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.