UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miguel Torres Cut from UFC!

12/8/11 8:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SI.com: And what about Miguel Torres’ tweet from yesterday?

White: This morning I’m on [Michael] Landsburg’s show, up here in Canada, and he hits me with the quote of what he tweeted. Now there’s no explanation for that. There’s absolutely nothing I could say to make any sense of that. And the fact that he even thinks that’s funny or that’s a joke, it disturbs me. It bothers me. Again, you’re dealing with a guy that’s a smart guy, that owns his own business, that’s been one of the top fighters in the world forever. And I cut him today. He’s no longer with the UFC.

SI.com: Was that announced today?

White: It’s being announced right now to you. You’re the only one that knows. Miguel Torres has been cut from the UFC and his career with us now is over.

SI.com: Was this the first time something’s happened with Torres? Or was it a second offense?

White: No, this was the first time. And then he said he hadn’t heard what happened to Forrest [Griffin, who drew fire for tweeting "Rape is the new missionary" last month]. Really? Where do you live? What business are you in? How do you not hear about these things? You should have paid more attention. It’s to the point now where, there’s going be times when things happen and mistakes are made. I cannot defend Miguel Torres. I cannot defend what he said. What he said makes no sense other than when he says, “It was a joke.” Well, I don’t think that’s a funny joke. I think it’s disturbing.

Full interview here:

http://mma-boxing.si.com/2011/12/08/dana-white-responds-to-rashad-evans-miguel-torres-media-miscues/ Phone Post
12/8/11 8:17 PM
mma shill
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What'd Torres tweet? Phone Post
12/8/11 8:18 PM
Jamiee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know. Dana says explanation for Forrest joke "clicked", which made it understandable.

Personally, I don't see how Forrest' tweet is any less malicious.
12/8/11 8:19 PM
slaughteringyou

"If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises."

According to my 3 second google search.
12/8/11 8:19 PM
MolsonMuscles
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, that's harsh.

Pop positive for 'roids, pills, coke, etc. and you get suspended. Make a tasteless joke on Twitter and you're cut?
12/8/11 8:21 PM
Blackbeltpanda
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatd he say? Phone Post
12/8/11 8:21 PM
mma shill
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slaughteringyou - "If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises."

I'm just gonna ignore the sarcasm, that doesn't seem any worse than Forrest's tweet and I think Dana overreacted but now that UFC is on fox they have to be more careful with this kind of shit, why would a professional ever tweet something like that? Phone Post
12/8/11 8:22 PM
latmmrh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MiguelTorresMMA Miguel Angel Torres
If a windowless van was called a surprise van more people wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises.

that was what was on his twitter. looks like a joke no worse than forrest's tweet
12/8/11 8:23 PM
MickColins
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana cutting people for saying stupid shit is pretty ironic.
12/8/11 8:23 PM
NAAFS
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should know better than to tweet stupid shit like that these days. Not saying he deserved to be cut but I can understand why Dana had to do it. Phone Post
12/8/11 8:26 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He 4chan'd his way out of a lucrative contract? What is this, I don't even
Herring In A Fur Coat

First time I'm saying this: Fuck DFW.
FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweeted this too

https://twitter.com/#!/MiguelTorresMMA/status/143473473241612288

"Your mouth says no but my roofies say yes."

Idk.....this is some serious BS! Phone Post
slaughteringyou

slaughteringyou - "If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises."

I should clarify that what he has now is:

MiguelTorresMMA Miguel Angel Torres
If a windowless van was called a surprise van more people wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises.

Also , i took my original quote above from Sherdog , which isnt known for their stellar accuracy. Dana did mention something about a "rape van" with Ariel though.

Just my 2 cents.
12/8/11 8:27 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn i love watching Miguel fight. Sucks he's done cuz of this. Definitely bad timing and tasteless....but the punishment is inconsistent IMO. Did dana have anything to say about rashad's recent comment? Phone Post
12/8/11 8:27 PM
kingjames100
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop being a faggot, Dana.
12/8/11 8:29 PM
latmmrh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they can't expect to offer these guys money to get twitter followers and not have them try and say something that creates a buzz to get followers. Miguel Torres is now trending on Twitter because of this
molsonmuscle360
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched OTR today, and when Landsburg brought that up, Dana looked super disturbed.
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just sad. Wtf dana you say dumb shit constantly Phone Post
MickColins
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/11 8:30 PM
 So, remember kids:

1) You can get high and cause a pregnant woman to misscarry(Rampage): Okay.

2) Have race-based tattoos(Cain): Okay

3) Make homophobic remarks(Sonnen): Okay

4) Make rape comments (if you are Forrest Griffin. IE appeal to the crackers who paint "Just Bleed" on their chest): Okay

5) Make pedophilia jokes(Rashad): Okay.

6) Make bad rape joke (Miguel Torres): Fired.

12/8/11 8:32 PM
MahatmaPetey
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is being a real cunt. Phone Post
12/8/11 8:32 PM
nolabrum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad can make that joke about touching Phil Davis but Miguel Torres gets canned for this. I call BS Phone Post
12/8/11 8:33 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/11 8:34 PM
  Forrest Griffin "Rape is the new missionary"

Rashad Evans "I'm going to put my hands on you worse than that dude did them other kids at Penn State."

Migeul Torres
"If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises."

What did Torres do worse than those two?

12/8/11 8:35 PM
MickColins

Dana is a fucking hypocrite. I was a fan but this puts me off DFW. 
12/8/11 8:36 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.