UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hominick: Bout with Aldo a 'career changer'

12/9/11 12:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Mark Hominick didn’t beat Jose Aldo when they met in April at UFC 129, but he did go the distance with the UFC featherweight champion in what was a breakthrough performance.

“It was definitely a career changer for me,” Hominick told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “It was almost like a 15-year overnight success. All of a sudden, after that fight everyone kind of took notice of who I was and what I was capable of doing. Now I have to take that momentum that I got from that fight and carry it forward to another winning streak and another title shot and eventually to win that belt.”

In his first bout back since dropping the unanimous decision to Aldo, Hominick fights Chan Sung Jung on Saturday at UFC 140. “The Korean Zombie” is coming off a submission win over Leonard Garcia in March. He had lost back-to-back fights prior to that victory.

“I think he went back to the drawing board,” Hominick said, “and realized, ‘OK, I have to fight a little smarter. Yeah, I can fight aggressive but not reckless.’ He came out in the second fight with Leonard Garcia, and he ended up submitting him with a twister. … That’s the fighter I’m expecting. I’m sure he’s going to come with his aggressive style, but again, I think he’s going to be fighting with a little bit more of a game plan.”

read entire article...

Related product from the UG Store

Mark Hominick

Headrush Mark Hominick UFC 140 Walkout Shirt

$27.99

• 30/single 100% cotton crew neck t-shirt
  • Athletic fit
  • Bold gear inspired graphics at the front represent Hominick's nickname

12/9/11 12:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LayNprayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hominick won me over big time in that fight. What a heart on that guy.

I am very curious to see how he handles this fight mentally. RIP Shawn.
12/9/11 12:45 PM
Darth Ryase
1093 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fights like Aldo-Hominick make you a bigger fan of both guys.
12/9/11 12:53 PM
sgotwalks
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sure his first fight (along with Stout and Horodecki) back without Shawn Tompkins will be an emotional one. Pulling big time for Mark.
12/9/11 12:57 PM
FightAddict11

War Hominick! Phone Post
12/9/11 1:22 PM
chuckles1
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayNprayNINJA -  Hominick won me over big time in that fight. What a heart on that guy.

I am very curious to see how he handles this fight mentally. RIP Shawn.
. Phone Post
12/9/11 2:32 PM
sgotwalks
660 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - To be entirely fair here, Aldo was near death with an illness and had a brutal weight-cut the night before the fight but he still took Mark down at will, put him on his ass three times with strikes and won the first four rounds.

Mark did well to hang in there, but given Aldo's condition and the ass whipping he still laid down, I can't help but feel that had he come into the fight healthy he would have stopped Mark in 2 or 3 rounds.

Was he "deathly ill" against Florian as well? Is that why he didn't finish him? To be entirely fair here, you're an idiot!
12/9/11 2:41 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - To be entirely fair here, Aldo was near death with an illness and had a brutal weight-cut the night before the fight but he still took Mark down at will, put him on his ass three times with strikes and won the first four rounds.

Mark did well to hang in there, but given Aldo's condition and the ass whipping he still laid down, I can't help but feel that had he come into the fight healthy he would have stopped Mark in 2 or 3 rounds.

so much wrong in so few words...how many times did you edit it for perfection? .well done.
12/9/11 3:01 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZ and Tito are the only 2 I am worried about in my parlay.
12/9/11 3:50 PM
Chaz Johnson

Explain than how Roy Nelson had walking pneumonia during his frank murr fight? That was confirmed Phone Post
12/9/11 3:53 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned - LOL @ all the homonick fan boys. Even if you want to believe that Aldo was healthy going into the fight, how does that change the fact he lost 4-1 and was put on his ass multiple times while getting his face deformed?

You are a negative asshole.

It's not about the outcome of the fight, but what Mark put into the fight. He was a massive underdog, but fought hard and didn't give up, DESPITE getting his face deformed, as you say.

Kindly, go fuck yourself.
12/9/11 4:11 PM
Johnny Tightlips

SlyStallowned -
KevinMcAllister - 
SlyStallowned - LOL @ all the homonick fan boys. Even if you want to believe that Aldo was healthy going into the fight, how does that change the fact he lost 4-1 and was put on his ass multiple times while getting his face deformed?

You are a negative asshole.

It's not about the outcome of the fight, but what Mark put into the fight. He was a massive underdog, but fought hard and didn't give up, DESPITE getting his face deformed, as you say.

Kindly, go fuck yourself.

I'm just being honest, why can't you accept that? I like Mark, and he certainly showed a lot of heart to hang in there and not quit (I was there live), but he was outclassed for four of the five rounds. Thats why I was sort of suprised that I had a bunch of fanboys attack me like a pack of hyenas for stating the truth in regards to what took place in the cage that night.

I also like how you say "DESPITE getting his face deformed, as you say."

As I say? If you type "Hominick" into Google, the second and third seach suggestions are "Hominick head" and "Hominick hematoma". It actually happened bro, its not my opinion.

People are saying they respect him a lot more now because he has heart and puts on a good fight. Who said he won all the rounds? No shit he lost the fight. Phone Post
12/9/11 11:11 PM
Dougie
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/9/11 11:12 PM
Dougie
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/9/11 11:21 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

sgotwalks - I am sure his first fight (along with Stout and Horodecki) back without Shawn Tompkins will be an emotional one. Pulling big time for Mark.

12/9/11 11:29 PM
MMALOGIC

homnick will never beat aldo or be champ at 145... he needs to move down to 135.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.