UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> 2012 IBJJF Pan American Jiu Jitsu Tournament

12/9/11 2:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lucian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's going?
I've got vacation booked at work and will be shopping for tickets soon. We're only about 15 wks out. Ill be making a go at the Masters Purple Belt Division, either middleweight or heavyweight depending on where my training takes me. My schedule is always booked but I would love to find out who else is planning on going and may want to make some time to train together with my team. Anyone interested let me know, our doors are always open to guys with similar goals.
Lucian Hornbuckle
AFC BJJ Alabama (at Champions Freestyle Fitness in Vestavia)
www.afcbjj.com
www.championsfreestylefitness.com
www.americanfightclubalabama.blogspot.com
12/9/11 9:10 PM
FCFBlazer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm too old broski, but I'll TTT for you. Phone Post
12/9/11 10:31 PM
Josh J

True Fight Co., President
I'm pretty sure Daniel and his brother John may be going.  I MAY go, big maybe.  I am supposed to be fighting some time around then.  If that falls through I may go to the Pans so I don't let the prep go to waste.  We may have a few other going as well. 
12/14/11 12:04 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh, got a new student at the gym. I let him borrow my old gi until he orders one. I gave him your sight info and he is gonna order one of the True gi's within the next week or so.
1/16/12 11:44 AM
Lucian

Flight is booked. Training's going pretty well. I'm still looking to mix it up with anyone else wanting to train. Phone Post
1/22/12 9:08 AM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is in California, right?
1/22/12 3:42 PM
Lucian

Correct Phone Post
1/25/12 12:38 AM
Matt Ward
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in. 3rd time at purple belt has to be a charm Phone Post
1/30/12 6:06 PM
Lucian

Matt, do you train in cullman or Madison? What is your schedule like? We should work out a day to train together. Phone Post
1/30/12 11:11 PM
Matt Ward
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train at both. My schedule is super busy. I am training for a fight a week before pan ams to help pay for it. I'm down to train whenever man. you can come to triad if you would like, or maybe we can set something up elsewhere. Phone Post
2/2/12 1:13 PM
Lucian

Matt, I sent you a fb request so we can coordinate our schedules. Next time you're in Cullman I'll see if I'm off work and come train with you guys if that's cool. It's about time I paid you all a visit again.
2/24/12 1:10 PM
Lucian

Training is going well. I'll be competing at Lutador this next weekend to get an idea where I stand and what I still need to work on. Should be a good chance to familiarize myself with the IBJJF rules and tournament format also. I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have been training with me: my team at AFC BJJ, the guys at our affiliate gym Champions Freestyle Fitness, Todd Chappell, Russell Day, Daniel O'brien, and Matt Ward to name a few. As always if anyone else is interested in training please contact me. Our doors are open or I can come to you. Good luck to all Alabama competitors with upcoming tournaments and fights. See you guys on the mats. Phone Post
2/27/12 3:54 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, I'd like to do an interview with all the Alabama competitors, if you guys are interested.... At least post a list of who's going and what gyms, belt level competing at, etc... Please?

I have an MMA news blog:
http://southernfightingnews.blogspot.com/

Come on, let's talk. All positive; no BS. I guarantee it.

Tom Stedham
tom_stedham@yahoo.com
3/9/12 8:27 AM
Lucian

Crunch time! Phone Post
3/9/12 3:01 PM
Matt Ward

Sorry for not replying on Facebook Lucian. I'm down for Wednesday. Phone Post
3/9/12 3:39 PM
Lucian

Same time? Phone Post
3/9/12 3:56 PM
Matt Ward

Works for me Phone Post
3/29/12 2:32 PM
manley0702
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will Edmondson who trains at Guerrilla Fitness in Montgomery and Auburn MMA is competing in blue belt. Daniel O'Brien is competing Heavyweight Black belt. Those are the only 2 guys I know who are competing.
3/29/12 6:43 PM
Josh J

Matt Ward from and John O'Brien from Triad are competing as well as Daniel O'Brien. 
3/30/12 1:39 PM
Lucian

Brandon Reed and myself are competing Saturday in Masters Purple Belt divisions. We also have two females competing from our Baton Rouge location. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.