UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Promise Keepers

12/9/11 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone been to an event or had any other experience with them? Phone Post
12/9/11 10:46 PM
Ridgeback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not directly, but they were big about a decade ago.  It just seemed like an evangelical fad, which is very typical of the consumerist approach to religion that many Evangelicals have.  Seems like they have faded to irrelevance like Rick Warren and the Purpose Driven Life movement has.  

While I would agree with the fact that much of Christianity has become completely feminized the picture of masculinity envisioned by Promise Keepers seemed to be pretty shallow and highly Americanized.  
12/10/11 12:41 AM
Ali
768 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For one incisive and hilarious take on the promise keepers, listen here:

http://grooveshark.com/#/s/If+Baseballs+Had+Aids+On+Them/322uQw?src=5
12/10/11 9:08 AM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridgeback -  Not directly, but they were big about a decade ago.  It just seemed like an evangelical fad, which is very typical of the consumerist approach to religion that many Evangelicals have.  Seems like they have faded to irrelevance like Rick Warren and the Purpose Driven Life movement has.  

While I would agree with the fact that much of Christianity has become completely feminized the picture of masculinity envisioned by Promise Keepers seemed to be pretty shallow and highly Americanized.  
Thanks Ridge, I'd like to read more of what you think about the feminization of Christianity. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.