UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Best boxing gyms in London?

12/10/11 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ryans
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to take up boxing. What are the best clubs in London?
12/14/11 12:49 PM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where abouts - I know the guy that runs Ringtone gym in Euston which is a combo of old lady fitness and fairly hard core boxing. The guys that run it used to work at Rooneys (london Bridge) which is the other one I can speak for.

There's a fair few ammy clubs obviously but it depends what you are looking for. If you want one in the centre then you cant go wrong with Rooney's really as it is a proper boxing gym.

Lot of brit title levels pro train there (or certainly were a year or two ago) Groves, Price, Napa, Ben Murphy Sutherland (RIP) are a few I can think of
12/18/11 7:30 PM
HULC
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LordSeano,

I looked up Rooneys gym just recently and from their website they look like they are catering more for the boxercise crowd than real boxers. They also price it pretty steep at a tenner per hour compared to some other central London gyms tha charge 2-3 quid per 1.5 to 2 hr sessions.

RobinHood,

What's it like there? i was thinking of trying it out but i've never heard any reviews and couldn't get hold of them to find out their costs.
12/19/11 5:10 AM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - LordSeano,

I looked up Rooneys gym just recently and from their website they look like they are catering more for the boxercise crowd than real boxers. They also price it pretty steep at a tenner per hour compared to some other central London gyms tha charge 2-3 quid per 1.5 to 2 hr sessions.

RobinHood,

What's it like there? i was thinking of trying it out but i've never heard any reviews and couldn't get hold of them to find out their costs.

You have to bear in mind that Rooneys was in what was once a run down shitty area of london and is now a mini canary wharf at More London Place - hence the prices.

The white collar members that join and never go are their lifeblood (like most gyms trying to make some money) so they cater towards that on the website.

Bear in mind I havent been there for a couple of years now but when I used to go you used to get a mix of pros, white collar lunch time guys and casuals that wanted to do some serious training.

Its a proper gym though - you should get down there and check it out see if its what you are after

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.