UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> ***Official AM/Making Money Online Thread***

12/10/11 4:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gnosis
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/12 10:58 PM

If anyone would like to get your first month of web hosting free of charge, go to Host Gator and when you sign up use the coupon code OGWebHosting.  Here is a link to HostGator (this is my affiliate link.  Won't affect you any by using it [outside of saving you money!], will just help me out.  It's fine if you dont' use it, but if you do I see it as a thank you in exchange for my info in this thread)  : http://secure.hostgator.com/~affiliat/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=gnozis

Use the site below for 25 free backlinks a day.  Been using it since I started and it works great.
http://www.socialmonkee.com/index.php?af=109247

I can say with confidence that more people flake out of Affiliate Marketing than any other industry out there.  We live in a world where people want results fast; when they don't get them, they move on to something else.......but that is what separates me (and hopefully you) from these people living average lives working a 9-5.  I promise you that if you continue to put in the work daily when you start out, within a year you will more than likely see great results!  I can't promise that for everyone because some might pick bad key words, not put in the work, or generally not pick up on this.......but if you quit because you do not make more than a few dollars after your first few months......you are lazy and have no motivation.  

*Original Post*

After spending a while studying Affiliate Marketing and how to run a successful website, I launched two separate websites about six days ago. Already seeing money come in. Also been utilizing a lot of SEO to get traffic flowing in from search engines. Anyone else here own sites for the purpose of making money online? Would like to get some discussion going. 

12/10/11 5:07 PM
derelict
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do some, but mostly work as an online marketing consultant for local business owners.

My next door neighbor makes a couple grand a month as an amazon affiliate though. Phone Post
12/10/11 5:17 PM
Gnosis
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

derelict -  I do some, but mostly work as an online marketing consultant for local business owners.

My next door neighbor makes a couple grand a month as an amazon affiliate though. Phone Post

You know if he does mulitple niche sites or just one site he puts all of his work into? 
12/10/11 5:18 PM
derelict
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gnosis - After spending a while studying Affiliate Marketing and how to run a successful website, I launched two separate websites about six days ago. Already seeing money come in. Also been utilizing a lot of SEO to get traffic flowing in from search engines. Anyone else here own sites for the purpose of making money online? Would like to get some discussion going.
Are you doing any list building? I'm writing an email capture/newsletter script you can use when I'm finished. Of course if you're using Wordpress and aweber you wouldn't need to, Phone Post
12/10/11 5:19 PM
derelict

Gnosis -
derelict -  I do some, but mostly work as an online marketing consultant for local business owners.

You know if he does mulitple niche sites or just one site he puts all of his work into? 
Mostly one. I could show you a site that makes good money..,don't want to post in public though, Phone Post
12/10/11 5:24 PM
domernd1
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/10/11 5:29 PM
Gnosis

derelict - 
Gnosis -

Mostly one. I could show you a site that makes good money..,don't want to post in public though, Phone Post
I don't blame you, I won't be posting any of my sites publcially on here, but will send to other OG'ers interested.  Definitely PM me a link, would love to check it out.  I'm using Wordpress btw. 

12/10/11 5:35 PM
derelict

This first thing anyone should do before starting a project, is keyword research/market analysis to be sure your market is profitable. Market Samurai is great for this. It's a free download, and they have tons of YouTube videos to get you started. The paid version is well worth the money though. Phone Post
12/10/11 5:36 PM
derelict

Gnosis -
derelict - 
Gnosis -

I don't blame you, I won't be posting any of my sites publcially on here, but will send to other OG'ers interested.  Definitely PM me a link, would love to check it out.  I'm using Wordpress btw. 

Will do. As soon as I get back to my pc. Phone Post
12/10/11 5:42 PM
qcddog03
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/12 5:51 PM
#ThatsWhatHoesDo, Owner
I own thatswhathoesdo.com Its great. 

Edit.  I just became a edenfantasys affiliate so if you need adult toys go to my site.
12/10/11 5:46 PM
CLINT NJHC
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do u think were the most important SEO factors to getting hits so fast?
12/10/11 5:49 PM
Benny Lava
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
12/10/11 5:56 PM
HardyJenns
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
12/10/11 6:00 PM
Gnosis

CLINT NJHC - What do u think were the most important SEO factors to getting hits so fast?

I'm far from an expert and still learning more as each day goes by, but I can say that in a week I am already getting hits from Google, which is apparently rare. Here's what I have done. I have two sites. One is a site I'm pushing to go mainstream, it's an AskMen.com type site. From my days as a journalist, I have developed relationships with a lot of celebrities who are giving me interviews to get the site going. My other site, which is the one I plan on building as a money making niche site, is based on a video game that will be coming out late next year. The reason I am putting money and time into a site about a game so far away is so that, once the buzz for the game gets here, I will have my site built up to the front page of Google. Right now what I'm doing is using the All in One SEO plug-in, which helps. I'm also putting my articles on Reddit, Stumble Upon, Facebook, Twitter, and Yahoo Answers. I also have my sites in my signature on forums that cater to the particular niche, which drives in hits and creates back links.
12/10/11 6:03 PM
CLINT NJHC
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thanks for your response. From what I know getting hits that quick is certainly rare, so you're doing something right. Best of luck!
12/10/11 6:19 PM
derelict

I can get indexed in google in less than 30 minutes. Not claiming a high ranking for high-comp keyword, but indexed nonetheless. Phone Post
12/10/11 6:26 PM
McSurly
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subbed for later
12/10/11 6:30 PM
Natas79

I have been doing affiliate marketing for a while with website. I do everything from amazon to ebay to random affiliate sites. Since you have only had them up 6 days it doubtful you have made any money or very very little. 

I'd be happy to post screen shots of the money I bring in though. 
12/10/11 6:43 PM
Gnosis

Natas79 -  I have been doing affiliate marketing for a while with website. I do everything from amazon to ebay to random affiliate sites. Since you have only had them up 6 days it doubtful you have made any money or very very little. 

I'd be happy to post screen shots of the money I bring in though. 

Haven't made anything big, but I'm making money.  Remeber, the site is getting traffic because of the exclusive interviews I'm putting up, not from SEO.   Making the money through AdSense, getting $0.69 CPC
12/10/11 6:52 PM
Natas79

0.69 CPC is damn good. I only do some affiliate marketing now and I make like $200.00 a month doing it. But I am more into ecommerce now and I profit 3k on average per month from that. 

I use a combination of adwords, forum advertising , and good ole facebook adds to drive sales. 
12/10/11 6:54 PM
Gnosis

Natas79 -  0.69 CPC is damn good. I only do some affiliate marketing now and I make like $200.00 a month doing it. But I am more into ecommerce now and I profit 3k on average per month from that. 

I use a combination of adwords, forum advertising , and good ole facebook adds to drive sales. 

Mirin that income brah, definitely plan on getting there one day.  If you wouldn't care to explain, what goes into the ecommerce?  You do this as a full time job or just on the side?
12/10/11 7:23 PM
derelict

I've always thought it would be cool to do an OG joint-venture. Just a handful of guys collaborating on a web project. Mostly for fun, but with profits in mind of course.

On a side note, HostGator has an awesome referral program..$50 a sale...plus they're the best web host I've ever used.
12/10/11 8:44 PM
Gnosis

If anyone has Facebook fan pages for their site let me know and we can exchange likes. 
12/10/11 9:19 PM
Natas79

Gnosis - 
Natas79 -  0.69 CPC is damn good. I only do some affiliate marketing now and I make like $200.00 a month doing it. But I am more into ecommerce now and I profit 3k on average per month from that. 

Mirin that income brah, definitely plan on getting there one day.  If you wouldn't care to explain, what goes into the ecommerce?  You do this as a full time job or just on the side?
It is a side job for me. I had to get a business license and then track down the product I wanted. I then built a site to suit my needs. I started on ebay selling my goods then sending everyone one of my buyers to my site for repeat business. I then tried out google adwords and it works pretty well if you target the right key words. 

I mainly do a lot of drop shipping and stock very little merchandise. This works out nicely for me. I also chose a product that customers would have to come back and buy parts and accessories for often. 

I currently get about 4k visits a month to my best site. It ranks on google page 4 right now for my keyword to. But I get so much traffic because of the repeat business. I think I will be on page 1 in the next few months though. 

12/10/11 9:21 PM
mikehh

Ttt Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.