UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Erik Paulson 'bummed out' with Mir and Jones

12/11/11 9:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

At UFC 140, fans went delerious as Jon Jones and Frank Mir came back and won their fights with great finality - Jones left Machida unconscious, and Mir broke Big Nog's arm. Pioneering MMA figure Erik Paulson was less impressed, via his Facebook page.

"A little bummed out to see Mir break Nogeras Arm and not check to see if he was ok after the Fight. Also to see Jones Drop Machita on his face after he knew that he was out! safety and Well being of your Brothers after you share sweat and blood. then don't care about their well being. leaving a statement for the next generation of fighters that do it to you someday"

Read entire facebook...

12/11/11 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Paulson and started in a CSW system, but I respectively disagree.  Mir knew it was broken.  Nothing he can do.  Nog was immediately 3 deep with people around him attending to him.  He even said during his post fight speech that he hopes Nog is okay.  Macarthy pushed Jones away from Machida.  Again, the dude has earned the right to express his opinion any way he wants to.  
12/11/11 9:45 PM
Ingo Weigold
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
Hard to remember to drop your opponent gently in the heat of the moment Phone Post
12/11/11 9:46 PM
Domingo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzzzzzzzz. Phone Post
12/11/11 9:47 PM
TehMadGreek
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Lesnar Mir II? Hypocrite :/ Phone Post
12/11/11 9:48 PM
Koku_Ryuu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So nobody feels Nog was a douche for not tapping??
Kirik
1597 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
ChokeEmOut -

Which is why you know nothing of "Martial Arts" and respect and honor.

Paulson is 100% correct with Mir being one of the biggest douchebags ever. He think it's cool to break something in a fight and comes off like the douchebag he is.

Jones should have let Machida down then walked off but Mir was 10x worse.

I ma respectfully asking you to draw on whatever sense of honor and decorum that training in martial arts has provided you, and edit out calling Frank Mir what you called Frank Mir.
nyhcloyalty
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh give me a fucking break. Nov was the one that didn't tap, not his fault. Also afterward he was very complementary and sympathetic towards Nog.

Paulson should speak to Brock about taunting a fighter after he already beats them a la Mir/Brock 2. Phone Post
12/11/11 9:50 PM
nyhcloyalty
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
ChokeEmOut -

Paulson is 100% correct with Mir being one of the biggest douchebags ever. He think it's cool to break something in a fight and comes off like the douchebag he is.

I ma respectfully asking you to draw on whatever sense of honor and decorum that training in martial arts has provided you, and edit out calling Frank Mir what you called Frank Mir.
This is nice to see. I don't know why people think its okay to bash Mir, but it's truly annoying.

Jealousy, IMO. Phone Post
12/11/11 9:53 PM
Brian Rule
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nyhcloyalty - Oh give me a fucking break. Nov was the one that didn't tap, not his fault. Also afterward he was very complementary and sympathetic towards Nog.

Paulson should speak to Brock about taunting a fighter after he already beats them a la Mir/Brock 2. Phone Post

How do you know he didn't? Paulson seems like a respectful guy... Brock, Mir, and Jones not so much.
12/11/11 9:53 PM
Marco808

Edited: 12/11/11 9:53 PM
Agree with Paulson. 

For a lot of fighters, it could just be in the heat of the moment and how excited they are that they won. But that doesn't really apply in the two cases last night, IMO. But it is what it is. 

12/11/11 9:55 PM
Enemies

He should worry more about his fighters. Look what Lesnar did to Mir at UFC 100. :P
12/11/11 9:58 PM
Halloween

stupid lol
12/11/11 10:00 PM
scottelkin

Agree with paulson Phone Post
12/11/11 10:01 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/11 10:01 PM
ChokeEmOut - 
BrCutter -  I like Paulson and started in a CSW system, but I respectively disagree.  Mir knew it was broken.  Nothing he can do.  Nog was immediately 3 deep with people around him attending to him.  He even said during his post fight speech that he hopes Nog is okay.  Macarthy pushed Jones away from Machida.  Again, the dude has earned the right to express his opinion any way he wants to.  

Very respectful retort.  Mir didn't think it was "cool".  I don't remember him saying, "Man Joe, did you see that arm break?  That was fuckin cool man."  He respectfully said "I hope Nogeira is okay."  Paulson trains arguably one of the most disrespectful fighters in all of mma and says absolutely nothing.  You think that's a coincidence?  I think it's hypocritical.  I know plenty of Martial Arts and respect and honor.  I've been in the sitaution where I've popped a knee  and torqued an arm.  I didn't want to and it was more of a pisser on me that the other guy made me take it that far that I had to do that.  Made me feel ill.  Keep on fighter bashing.  It's no mystery only a handful of upper level fighters come on here.  
12/11/11 10:03 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good comments by Paulson. He has too many friend requests BTW> :)
12/11/11 10:04 PM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How was Jones supposed to let Machida down gently? The only thing he was holding him up by was his neck, and as soon as he let go he becomes 220lbs of dead weight. Of course he's going to drop like a sack of potatoes.

And besides, if he didn't let go immediately and walk away big john would have ripped him off and pushed him back.
12/11/11 10:10 PM
MolsonMuscles
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Within seconds of the end of the fight Nog was surrounded by doctors, the referee, and various UFC personnel. Not to mention Nog's ENTIRE corner was crowded around him, which consists of other trained fighters, including his brother.

I don't blame Mir for not venturing anywhere near them 30 seconds after snapping Nog's arm like a twig -- I wouldn't.
12/11/11 10:12 PM
UKTTs Toilet Cleaner
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enemies - He should worry more about his fighters. Look what Lesnar did to Mir at UFC 100. :P
To be fair, Mir was fucking around in Brock's strawberry patch.  You just don't do that.

12/11/11 10:15 PM
khalid365

It's honestly Nog's fault for not tapping. The point of a joint lock like a kimura is to break someone's arm. The point of tapping out is to stop someone breaking your arm. Nog left it too late to tap. As mean as it sounds it's his own fault.
12/11/11 10:16 PM
BrCutter

UKTTs Toilet Cleaner - 
Enemies - He should worry more about his fighters. Look what Lesnar did to Mir at UFC 100. :P
To be fair, Mir was fucking around in Brock's strawberry patch.  You just don't do that.

See, if Mir was really in the patch, I give Paulson a pass on that then.  Frank shoulnd't have done that. 

12/11/11 10:23 PM
Bipolar

Edited: 12/11/11 10:28 PM
Jon released Machida as he was instructed to do by the ref. He did absolutely nothing wrong. It's the refs job to ensure a fighter's safety, not the other fighter. Jon did nothing but release Machida and allow him to slump to the ground. He didn't toss him to the side, or push him to the ground, or commit any other unsportsmanlike act. This is simply a non issue that whiney Jones haters are trying to make into something. Unreal. I honestly can't believe anyone is complaining that Jon didn't put Machida down gently enough after they just finished going to war and Jon followed the refs instructions perfectly. Some of you should be watching ballet, not MMA.
12/11/11 10:24 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - I dont know who this eric paulsan guy is but he has to get with the program of mMa, its about hurting people, to not do so is not doing your job, Mir was paid $75,000 by dW for breaking the Nogs arm, likewise Jon Jones was paid $75,000 for making Machida submission by unconsious, who is paulsan to say don't get paid, dont put food on your famlies table, take that food from your childs mouth because I don't agree with how you did what you were supposed to do ?
U don't know Paulson is? U gotta be kidding. Lol, ur post lost a lot of legitimacy. Phone Post
12/11/11 10:25 PM
illini89i
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Erik, but I also agree that Lesnar hasn't been the most respectful guy, or shown any kind of concern for the brothers that he shared blood and sweat with either. Phone Post
12/11/11 10:25 PM
Unseen
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is what it is.  The bottom line is they are fighters and almost no fighter or any athlete ends their career on top.  People forget that Tito used to be that guy.  Young, arrogant and many loved it and many hated it.  Bottom line is look at Tito last night.  Time humbles all of us especially those in the spotlight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.