UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> New BB?

12/15/11 1:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sgt. Slaphead
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnum TA - Who has shown VT profiency? Phone Post

Post "MMA era".....beats the fuck outta me, but is a better fuking standard than sport.

Don't try to sidetrack....answer the fuking questions or STFU!
12/15/11 1:53 AM
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curty has won VT matches. He's even more qualified than I first thought! Phone Post
12/15/11 1:56 AM
Magnum TA

SGT, by your criteria it's even smaller. I don't everyone that has fought and won on Oahu though but it's a relatively small number. Phone Post
12/15/11 1:58 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - 
Magnum TA - Who has shown VT profiency? Phone Post

Post "MMA era".....beats the fuck outta me, but is a better fuking standard than sport.

12/15/11 2:12 AM
Magnum TA

"By that time I expect your 'working definition' of what a bjj blackbelt is, before we pursue this discussion any further."

Someone who has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they can beat another BB in competition and competed to reach the rank. If that was a requirement BJJ would not have these problems. You whine about stuff like this but support the environment that creates the problem. You can't have it both ways. Phone Post
12/15/11 2:17 AM
Moke
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Someone who has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they can beat another BB in competition and competed to reach the rank. If that was a requirement BJJ would not have these problems."

Shouldn't your legit instructor be the judge of that? If Relson gives you a black belt, it's not legitimate unless you've won the Mundials?
12/15/11 2:30 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Magnum TA - "By that time I expect your 'working definition' of what a bjj blackbelt is, before we pursue this discussion any further."

Someone who has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they can beat another BB in competition and competed to reach the rank. If that was a requirement BJJ would not have these problems. You whine about stuff like this but support the environment that creates the problem. You can't have it both ways. Phone Post

So some high-level wrestler with 6 mos sprawl training that gets the takedown, gets a pin and runs down the clock for each win in every belt level can be a blackbelt.....afterall,he won in competition!

LOL!

Oh and before I forget......

Sgt. Slaphead -

12/15/11 2:43 AM
Magnum TA

"So some high-level wrestler with 6 mos sprawl training that gets the takedown, gets a pin and runs down the clock for each win in every belt level can be a blackbelt.....afterall,he won in competition!"

If he can do that at the black belt level sure. Phone Post
12/15/11 2:44 AM
Magnum TA

"Shouldn't your legit instructor be the judge of that."

No, because straying away from the results/competition model allows room for emotion and awarding of loyalty/friendship belts. Phone Post
12/15/11 2:58 AM
Moke
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnum TA - "Shouldn't your legit instructor be the judge of that."

No, because straying away from the results/competition model allows room for emotion and awarding of loyalty/friendship belts. Phone Post

Magnum TA - "So some high-level wrestler with 6 mos sprawl training that gets the takedown, gets a pin and runs down the clock for each win in every belt level can be a blackbelt.....afterall,he won in competition!"

So then, what you're saying is, that Relson Gracie (9th degree black belt in his own family's system) doesn't know what bjj technique is and what it takes to be a black belt, and that a wrestler who could win on points in a tournament DOES know, and is in fact, a black belt?
12/15/11 2:59 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Magnum TA - "So some high-level wrestler with 6 mos sprawl training that gets the takedown, gets a pin and runs down the clock for each win in every belt level can be a blackbelt.....afterall,he won in competition!"

And there's the stupidity of competition defining BJJ.
12/15/11 3:00 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Trolling or stupid?
12/15/11 3:04 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead - 

Sgt. Slaphead -

12/15/11 3:08 AM
Moke

Also, can you define what kind of tournament qualifies someone to receive their belt should they win?

Should it be a national tournament? It sure can't be a local tournament, because that would be too isolated in nature and the quality outside the immediate area would be unknown.

So it must be national...but wait, that would only mean you were as good as other American black belts...what about Brazil and the rest of the world? Yes, you must win the Mundials or ADCC to becaome a black belt.

Correct?
12/15/11 3:29 AM
TheAlchemist
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict Todd abandoning this thread and/or totally ignoring the pertinent questions repeatedly laid before him begging to support to his arguement. 
12/15/11 3:44 AM
Magnum TA

Moke -
Magnum TA - "Shouldn't your legit instructor be the judge of that."

Magnum TA - "So some high-level wrestler with 6 mos sprawl training that gets the takedown, gets a pin and runs down the clock for each win in every belt level can be a blackbelt.....afterall,he won in competition!"

So then, what you're saying is, that Relson Gracie (9th degree black belt in his own family's system) doesn't know what bjj technique is and what it takes to be a black belt, and that a wrestler who could win on points in a tournament DOES know, and is in fact, a black belt?
You sure defensive about all this Phone Post
12/15/11 3:45 AM
Magnum TA

Moke - Also, can you define what kind of tournament qualifies someone to receive their belt should they win?

Should it be a national tournament? It sure can't be a local tournament, because that would be too isolated in nature and the quality outside the immediate area would be unknown.

So it must be national...but wait, that would only mean you were as good as other American black belts...what about Brazil and the rest of the world? Yes, you must win the Mundials or ADCC to becaome a black belt.

Correct?
Your reverse troll won't work here Phone Post
12/15/11 3:56 AM
Moke

"You sure defensive about all this"

It's called a statement and a question. Maybe you've heard of it. If so, please answer.

And I'm absolutely serious about the tournament question too. If tournaments qualify one for belt advancement, you MUST have a minimum standard of tournament. What is it?

Anymore obfuscation and I'm going to HAVE to assume you're just trolling.
12/15/11 4:02 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead - Trolling or stupid?
12/15/11 4:02 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead - 
Sgt. Slaphead - 

Sgt. Slaphead -

12/15/11 4:06 AM
Magnum TA

Moke - "You sure defensive about all this"

It's called a statement and a question. Maybe you've heard of it. If so, please answer.

And I'm absolutely serious about the tournament question too. If tournaments qualify one for belt advancement, you MUST have a minimum standard of tournament. What is it?

Anymore obfuscation and I'm going to HAVE to assume you're just trolling.
In wrestling there are different levels of earned accomplishment through competition. Some are Olympians, D-1, D-2, JUCO and so forth. Not everyone is going to be an elite level BB but competition at available levels should be the barometer. At our gym no one will be promoted without competing period and I am glad they are doing it. Phone Post
12/15/11 4:13 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead -

12/15/11 4:13 AM
Magnum TA

Why should I care about Relson's promotions when he wouldn't promote the only real vale tudo fighter from his own academy? Lincoln Tyler fought under the most violent MMA rules post bare knuckle and Relson wouldn't promote him because he wouldn't wear pajamas to training lol. Now it turns out he was ahead of his time. Phone Post
12/15/11 4:16 AM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead - 
Sgt. Slaphead -

12/15/11 4:18 AM
meatrokket
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. This thread went from discussing fraudulent bb Dirty Curty to this. Thanks Mr. K....If there were a blackbelt only, olympic level tournament for Internet Trolls you would easily medal.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.