12/15/11 4:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Magnum TA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meatrocket, That's Professor Pedro or Mr. Pedo!! Phone Post
12/15/11 4:21 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meatrokket - Damn. This thread went from discussing fraudulent bb Dirty Curty to this. Thanks Mr. K....If there were a blackbelt only, olympic level tournament for Internet Trolls you would easily medal.

I thought he was just officially "unofficial"?
12/15/11 4:22 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - 
Oh and before I forget......

Sgt. Slaphead -

Don't try to sidetrack....answer the fuking questions or STFU!
12/15/11 4:30 AM
meatrokket
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Todd, are you ever going to take Curtys facebook offer to go and train?
12/15/11 4:40 AM
Moke
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnum TA - In wrestling there are different levels of earned accomplishment through competition. Some are Olympians, D-1, D-2, JUCO and so forth.

Yeah in bjj there are different levels too...it's called belt rankings. The question was, what level tournament do you need to win at your belt level to advance to the next belt? Which tournament do you need to win to become a legit black belt?

An in-house tournament? An association tournament? A state level tournament? A national or international tournament?

And are tournaments the best barometer for what bjj is?

Are you saying Lincoln Tyler is more qualified to know what a Gracie black belt requires than Relson Gracie?
12/15/11 6:25 AM
Magnum TA

Moke, you seem to feel threatened by the idea IMO and nothing I say will change that. Phone Post
12/15/11 10:37 AM
TheAlchemist
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TA once again dodging the important questions....
12/15/11 2:12 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

Sgt. Slaphead -  
Oh and before I forget......

Sgt. Slaphead -

Don't try to sidetrack....answer the fuking questions or STFU!
12/15/11 2:27 PM
MOB U2
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow I wish this criteria was in place earlier so I could be a forever sandbagging 10+yr white belt smashing purple belts in the future!

Magnum you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Same should go for karate. Onree gettaa brack beltuuu eeff uuu ffyttee eenn da ku-mu-tay!

FOR MY SHIDOSHIIII! OSU!
12/15/11 2:40 PM
JIMMYNAKS
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This would be the perfect time for someone with a Red Sash in Dragon dancing to come school all you pajama wearing Romos. Phone Post
12/15/11 3:19 PM
Moke
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Magnum TA - Moke, you seem to feel threatened by the idea IMO and nothing I say will change that. Phone Post

Actually I think competing DOES play a role in advancement, but you wouldn't know that because the conversation hasn't progressed to that, because you never answer any questions.
12/15/11 5:47 PM
NECKCRANK808
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I have to say I kind of agree with Todd I think each schools have black belts and they have " black belts " not all are equal for sure but I do disagree that winning compititions equal promotion unless you are wInning by submission

If I am not mistaken I think barett has a system where you need to win by submission in order to get promoted which deffinately keeps the bar IMO

Every system has weak promotions it just seems like some schools make it a practice

Now can we get back to professor Pedro lol
12/15/11 6:29 PM
Magnum TA

Baret was kicking around the idea of instituting a 15 taps in competition per stripe policy but I don't know if he actually went through with it.
12/15/11 6:48 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

overemphasized on competition has done much for Judo......no? is that what you want for BJJ?
12/15/11 7:04 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Promoting yourself in BJJ is bullshit,and thats being a fraud. Curty will fall under the Matt Barvo and Dave Lang category. Thats something that is earned. Curty does have years training and competing, I'll give him that. And he does actually compete (unlike a lot of people), even though he doesn't do well. But what good is training for that long if there is no progress? Quality over quanity. He's misguiding people, and it shows with most of the guys he throws in the cage.

But I do partially agree with something Todd mentioned about loyality promotions. I've heard of a blackbelt that promoted some of the Army combatives guys from the schoolhouse who really weren't at the belt level they received. But because they brought the blackbelts in for seminar and contracts, the blackbelts made lots of $$$$. so tit for tat. The military will pay $$$, people know it, so they get in good by promoting them (even if not deserved), and its guaranteed that they'll be back.

Competetion I think shows progress and it should help with promotions, but shouldn't determine your belt level. There's guys that got years training bjj, and are very knowledgable, but they don't compete for one reason or the other. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to get promoted.

Curty needs to take that belt off, or say he's a blackbelt in something else besides BJJ.
12/15/11 7:14 PM
meatrokket
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^
If he wore a non-bjj brand uniform and wore a non-bjj brand belt and didn't call or allude to his jiu-jitsu being anything brazilian or gracie in nature it wouldnt be so bad.
12/15/11 7:26 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Curty should be ignored, but trying to pass himself off as a bjj blackbelt is a new low. This is starting to remind me of the whole Dave Lang and Matt Barvo thread. The UG pursued them two, and even Wallid was fuming, haha. Everybody wanted to dojo storm those 2 guys, but I doubt anybody here will do it, or will they?

Its kinda funny just lurking and watching Todd just troll everybody, cause he can really get under your skin, haha.
12/15/11 7:30 PM
TheAlchemist
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no ones going to waste their time dojo storming DC's gym, no matter what kind of belt he puts on. 

and todd just might be the GTOAT.
12/15/11 9:53 PM
Magnum TA

Edited: 12/15/11 9:59 PM

I feel like when people want the belt without paying the price that competitors do then it becomes more of a material item. You want people to see that you have it in order to feel better about yourself and I don't think that's what training should be about. This is why you have belt drama in the gyms because people are naturally materialistic. If your goal is to get in shape, learn self defense etc you can accomplish all of those goals without a belt promotion. Competitors give everyone else in the gym another standard to reach for.

12/15/11 10:09 PM
B_RYCE

WTF. GTOAT is out of control. BTW Todd,OTM is closed so know black belt was bought there. This thread is insane.
12/15/11 10:17 PM
Magnum TA

Maybe DC bought it prior to the closing and was waiting until he got the blessings from various black belts to put it on?
12/16/11 4:10 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Names chode or your piggy gets it tomorrow
12/16/11 6:08 PM
Wutang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's Dirty Curty's story? I missed a bunch of older threads about him. :-\
12/16/11 6:12 PM
Magnum TA

He's a traveling Japanese master.

12/16/11 8:09 PM
meatrokket

In addition to what Atkins mentioned he also taps out to invisible rope chokes,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Y0NYuyUKo

pretends to die and wakes up wanting to fight some more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5DSseXUrTw&feature=related

and prevails over a one armed, old man mma fighta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVRnx0BYNmQ

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.