UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares seeing sports psychologist

12/12/11 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ElTriangulo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definetely one of my favorite fighters but he obviously has a screw loose
12/12/11 4:37 PM
RandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally! Phone Post
12/12/11 4:58 PM
mexican jujitsu
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 
Anarkis - He made Paulhares seem like there was no rhyme or reason for his actions. I don't think the guy is especially hard to figure out.  
you think there is a rhyme or reason to Paulhares' actions?
is behaviour is very strange to say the least.

his insane talent is what makes this all so fascinating, imo.

i know this writer is close to you in some way because you fail to open your eyes on this one. how many times do we see people fake tap and the ref takes too long to stop it. it happened in UFC FFS. akira? chael on multiple occasions, we see it happen all the time. so there is your reason as to why he waits for the ref. on top of that hes so pumped full of adrenaline it takes him a second to react and let go. should jones go see a shrink for knowing machida was out and dropping him and risking lyoto breaking his neck? im not saying palhares shouldnt se a shrink but to wonder why he doesnt let go when somebody taps and the ref isnt there fast enough
12/12/11 4:59 PM
mexican jujitsu
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/11 4:59 PM
is quite silly
*it happened in UFC 1 by shamrock
*accidentally hit post while typing
12/12/11 5:04 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palhares is a good example that UFC is not really doing everything to give everyone a fair shot..this guy looks scary and runs through people and continually faces nobodies...UFc simply do not want this guy to amount to anything!
12/12/11 5:20 PM
Anarkis
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/11 5:20 PM
mexican jujitsu - 
Cyril Jeff - 
Anarkis - He made Paulhares seem like there was no rhyme or reason for his actions. I don't think the guy is especially hard to figure out.  

i know this writer is close to you in some way because you fail to open your eyes on this one. how many times do we see people fake tap and the ref takes too long to stop it. it happened in UFC FFS. akira? chael on multiple occasions, we see it happen all the time. so there is your reason as to why he waits for the ref. on top of that hes so pumped full of adrenaline it takes him a second to react and let go. should jones go see a shrink for knowing machida was out and dropping him and risking lyoto breaking his neck? im not saying palhares shouldnt se a shrink but to wonder why he doesnt let go when somebody taps and the ref isnt there fast enough

Rousimar Palhares was raised dirt poor. He has a fifth grade education and very much the gentle giant mentality. His English is not great. When he fought Dan Henderson he had him on the ground and had him in a leglock. Rather then go nuts on the finish he looked at Hendo like, "Do you want me to destroy your knee". Giving Hendo enough time to escape. After that happened he started showing no mercy.

At that point he started going full force until the ref intervenes. He had two nasty heel hooks until he faced Marqhardt. Team Jackson has been accused of using the lotion technique. That is where you rub lotion into your skin prior to the fight to make yourself slippery when you sweat. When Nate slipped out Paul accused him of greasing in the middle of the bout which was a mistake. Again the guy is pretty simple in his thinking and thought someone was not playing fair.

He then proceeds to fight Dan Miller, he had been getting flack for not stopping soon enough, he is beating on Dan Miller who looked done. The ref came barreling in and looked like he was stopping the fight. Rousimar Palhares probably was trying to not look like the monster everyone is making him out to be, and winds up having to fight the rest of the fight.

I am sure that the UFC is a little disorientating for a gentle giant with a fifth grade education. He is doing his best, but people seem to think he is malicious. He has never said that his goal was to inflict pain or hurt people. He is simply doing his best to win and not be seen as a monster.

That is my take on the guy. If they really want to help him out. Get the guy some schooling, teach him some better English, and have him watch tape on himself and others.
12/12/11 5:25 PM
Sadyv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, Palhares held subs too long before he got in the UFC, Anarkis.

He choked out Helio Dipp, and then continuted to squeeze the choke out even as the ref was pulling and yanking on his arms.
12/12/11 5:25 PM
beanouno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be a great benefit for him. Be sad not to see any of his crazy antics. Phone Post
12/12/11 5:38 PM
Anarkis
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadyv - Yeah, Palhares held subs too long before he got in the UFC, Anarkis.

He choked out Helio Dipp, and then continuted to squeeze the choke out even as the ref was pulling and yanking on his arms.

Looked to me like he was trying to unlock his arms.
12/12/11 6:34 PM
ender852
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Palhares' crazy is the source of his powers, if you take it away he is just a mortal man like any other.
12/13/11 2:48 AM
mata_leao
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best.Fighter.Ever Phone Post
12/13/11 2:55 AM
BigSleep
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was supposedly raised by wolves, so maybe some kind of a wolf whisperer or animal trainer?
12/13/11 3:02 AM
chalice

"Why does it always seem like he's trying to bend the rules?"

i can't think of a single incident where it seemed like palhares was trying to bend the rules. how anyone can think that it seems like he is "always trying to bend the rules" is more mystifying to me than the crazy ass shit palhares does in the cage.
12/13/11 3:56 AM
Frostie
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seemed fine to me when I trained with him, the language barrier was the only problem!
Its good for getting into people's heads though! Phone Post
12/13/11 6:43 AM
BenBJJ
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met him at BTT yesterday. One of my fav fighters. :)
12/13/11 6:50 AM
Marco808

Edited: 12/13/11 6:50 AM
For some reason, the thought of Palhares going to a sports shrink makes me laugh. Does he even know what he's there for? Does he (or anyone) even have the vaguest idea how/what to do to "cure" him? 

And that Hulk gif is fucking awesome!

12/13/11 10:54 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
mexican jujitsu - 
Cyril Jeff - 

thanks for your reply, I assure you he's not "close to me", but that piece was not NEAR as biased as a couple are trying to insinuate, that is all I'm pointing out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.