UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> got my wrangler what to do?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/12/11 1:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wardance5
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so i got a good condition smooth running wrangler from a friend for only 500 its a tj. have to replace the tie rod but no big. the jeep has no doors roof or backs seat. i have 7 grand to put into the jeep and i was wondering what some of you guys would do to it.
12/13/11 3:04 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suspension: Teraflex has great packages, a good chunk of your budget should and will go here. Just hit their site and choose what you want.

Protection/looks: Brush guards, side rails etc... There are a million.

Engine: Either the 4.0 inline 6 or 4cyl, just replace old hoses, tune up stuff and get a K&N filter. Not a lot you can do outside of dropping a lot of $$ for a supercharger.
12/23/11 2:41 AM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

straight 6 and suspension.
12/30/11 3:37 PM
maui
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What i did to mine

Savvy offroad 3 inch suspension system

33x10.5x15 bfg at

rockmen mercinary front buper with a superwinch 8500

shrockworks rock sliders

custom rear bumper tire carrier
1/24/12 12:13 AM
White347LX
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy a nice top and some half doors. Some nice tires and wheels.
6/14/12 11:08 PM
J Macc 01
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on what you want to do with it.

If you're going off-road, tires are the best thing to upgrade. The lowest level of ground clearance is your axle, and the big tires elevate them.

Like Maui said, those BFGs are awesome. If its a daily driver, go with the AT. But if you're going to be in the dirt a lot, get the MT.

Also, don't do a big body lift but do it the right way and get a suspension lift. This is to help you clear bigger tires. Rubicon Express makes a good one. Stay away from Rough Country is what I hear.

If it doesn't have the 4.0, that's the best thing you could do. Also, since you have 7k, rear end gears would help too. 4.10s are what I see a lot of people put in.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.