UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> interesting site

12/12/11 1:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

found a link to an interesting blog on Military.com, i thought would be of interest to some of you: http://full-contact.military.com/category/close-quarters-combat/

i haven't had a chance to explore it comepletly yet, but seems to have some good info in it...
1/31/12 5:21 PM
KidJustice
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

thanks for the site been checking it out.
1/31/12 11:13 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know about any of the authors but I have seen some of Jeff Anderson's stuff on youtube.... It wasn't very good, unfortunately. It could have been that he was trying to teach things that were beyond the scope of his expertise (ground and clinch tactics). Let me know what you guys think of the rest of the site.
2/2/12 1:18 AM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just checked out Anderson's bio, and saw this: Master Instructor of Close Quarters Combat self defense

technically, i don't think this title exists in the US Army, as the Combatives instructors, vary from level 1-4.
2/2/12 8:29 AM
KidJustice
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - i just checked out Anderson's bio, and saw this: Master Instructor of Close Quarters Combat self defense

technically, i don't think this title exists in the US Army, as the Combatives instructors, vary from level 1-4.

Ok so after reading a bunch of Jeff Anderson's stuff I have to say he comes off a bit cartoonish.

If anyone can claim to be a "Master Instructor" his name would be SFC Matt Larsen.
2/2/12 10:53 AM
BshMstr

i have the book "H2H: MAC" by Greg Thompson, and just re-read the bio....he is the guy who teaches the Green Berets/SOCOM, and his title is a level 4 instructor. the foreward is written by Matt Larson.... great book, btw.

Anderson may very well be a fraud, although all i have to base that on is his goofy title he claims...
2/2/12 12:41 PM
KidJustice

Matt Larsen is the man. I met him briefly when I fought in Atlanta on the same card Damien Stelly fought on. I have followed the stuff he teaches since then. I wish I would have gotten a chance to train with him when I was in the military.

2/2/12 10:29 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know that he is a fraud. He may have been involved in H2H training before the Combatives program we have today. You guys know the manual.... the one that collected dust and nobody outside of the TRADOC community even knew what was in it. It ws basic combat Judo in the sawdust pit. I remember it from the Darby phase at Benning.

At permanent party/ duty assignment, you either contracted a local Martial Arts guy to come in, or you just blew it off and did something else like clean weapons, PMCS vehicles or hid from the CO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.