UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> A shoe that makes me say OSU!

12/12/11 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MOB U2
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FCTV and others who contributed to the old thread about running shoes -

I ended up buying a Mizuno Wave Alchemy shoe (refer to pic here - http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-MAL11M1.html) at Runners HI b/c they had a Honolulu Marathon sale.

I was fucking crazy so I ran with them in the Marathon - 2 days AFTER I bought it.

A lil vaseline on my feet, two pairs of low cut socks no blisters. All my friends did the same thing. ALL have blisters.

OSU!

PS: Sorry no Saucony's FCTV. Didn't find a pair of Saucony's like the one's my friend lent me.
12/12/11 4:55 PM
TheAlchemist
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear the your feet turned out ok after running a marathon with brand new shoes! you crazy mon. 
12/12/11 5:08 PM
MOB U2
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. Well thing is I hadn't been training for at least 7 months. I got married and busy as hell. I totally forgot about the marathon (b/c it was the wife who coerced me and she didn't end up doing it). Anyway, by Thanksgiving I was 210lb, hadn't trained and ate Thelmas lechon kawali every Sunday and beer nights at least 3 times a week. I saw on FB status updates about the marathon and remembered about it (my marathon info didn't come in until the week of b/c I changed addresses).

Anyway I figured fuck it and try shoot for 10miles. But by that time your on your way to Hawaii Kai and traffic is too bad to call anybody and have them come right away, so you gotta just keep moving in to get home.

Dumbest thing I ever did but makes for a few good laughs.
12/12/11 6:41 PM
FCTV808
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can't say i disagree w/ choosing japanese!
12/12/11 9:43 PM
MOB U2

They make great gis and shoes! I went with what they had in stock for my size. This included nike, brooks, saucony and others. I bought the nike structure 15 as my second pair to contrast them. Was gonna run with the nikes bc the soles are thicker but the mizunos felt good right away.

I had about 10 friends that ran. All seasoned repeaters with times ranging from ~3.30to 6.30. This was my very first marathon or run EVER and with new shoes, and absolutely NO training. I was the only person without a blister, even though we all double socked and put vaseline on our feet.

Granted my time was 8.36 -plantar fascitis mile 6, one leggrd limp at mile 18 - but still I am sold on these shoes.
12/13/11 1:15 AM
JIMMYNAKS
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sexy Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.