UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Anyone recommend books on the Gospels?

12/13/11 12:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rev has posted a lot of stuff on youtube, and his blog, that has helped me a lot.

I have NT Wright's "For Everyone" series, and a few of his more scholarly books.

Can anyone recommend anything else? I'm especially interested in books that break things down chapter by chapter but I'm glad for any suggestions...doesn't even have to be by Christians, just anything that will dig deeper an make me think.

We have a small group that is about to start going through Matthew, so I need help:)
12/13/11 12:37 AM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got some Barclay commentaries around somewhere too, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
12/13/11 2:23 AM
Lahi

Thanks, I'll check them out. Arnold Murray sounds familiar for some reason.
12/16/11 11:59 AM
reverend john
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

make sure and get the Brazos commentary on Matthew by Hauerwas and Matthew and the Margins by Warren Carter

rev
12/16/11 12:27 PM
Lahi

Thanks Rev.
12/19/11 2:44 PM
gord96
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matthew Henry's commentary on the entire Bible is awesome.
12/20/11 1:36 PM
Eggmachine

gord96 - Matthew Henry's commentary on the entire Bible is awesome.

I bought an old 6 volume set over the summer. One of my prized possessions.
12/20/11 3:37 PM
Lahi

Thanks guys, I've never heard of Henry, will check him out for sure.
12/24/11 3:49 PM
Pokanghoya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man by Robert M. Price
12/24/11 4:13 PM
Lahi

I had a friend recommend that book to me. From the reviews I read it seemed like there were better ways to go when looking for sceptical scholarship.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.