UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dear Tito (FUTA1)

12/13/11 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please for the love of all things Octagon shaped return to your old self.  No one gives a shit that you learned how to box.  No one cares if you have a chin or not.  All we (I) want to see is the guy that was one of the best MMA wrestlers in the game.  The guy with the best underhooks in MMA.  I want to see Evan Tanner (RIP) type slams, Outwrestling guys like Vlad (who are technically better wrestlers) elbows dropping on heads.  Use what got you here.  Stop trying to prove something to make the fans happy.  Win and that will make them happy.  Don't wait till you are tired or rocked before taking a shot.  Don't even train striking for your next fight, wrestle wrestle wrestle and be confident and relentless in your shot.  I know how good your ground is and the SUB of the night award pays the same as the knock out does.  This is coming from a fan and fighter with much coaching knowledge and I mean no disrespect by any of this I have been a fan win or lose from the beginning.  You are the reason we are where we are.

Thanks, Chris Brennan
12/13/11 3:24 PM
Floppy Divac
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great post.
12/13/11 3:26 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd imagine major neck and back surgery into your late 30's sure takes quite a bit of steam out of your shot.

Looking forward to watching him go 1 more time, hope he gets to leave with a W.
12/13/11 3:28 PM
WestsideStrangler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree it may have but his clinch and underhook game is nasty too
12/13/11 3:32 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just had a seminar with Ben Askren a few weeks ago (on wrestling of course) and he was very complimentary on Tito's wrestling skills.
12/13/11 3:33 PM
TartanArmy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs more breakstuff IMO. Phone Post
12/13/11 3:37 PM
WestsideStrangler

^this
12/13/11 3:38 PM
Ghost of Retard
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Tito's overall skills are at their all time high, 

But he's been around since the beggining, And in the UFC the whole time, fighting top guys... that's a long ass time.

While his skills are at their peak, his body is not. 

He is still fighting the top guys, after all these years, when he has plenty of money, and fame and is doing it just because he loves it.

He has my respect.

But i would love to see him drive through someone one last time, and drop some elbows, then get a really nice submission.   And retire right there,  If i want to see anyone retire with a win, it is him.
12/13/11 3:40 PM
ranier wolfcastle
933 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if u watch closely, what knocked tanner out was his head being sandwiched between titos head and the mat, kinda like a headbutt to the jaw, but harder
12/13/11 3:40 PM
WestsideStrangler

I agree his skills are there but use the ones that are your BEST skills.  Don't box with a guy that was on a national boxing team. All about game plan.
12/13/11 3:41 PM
Winston Wolf

agreed
12/13/11 3:41 PM
WestsideStrangler

ranier wolfcastle -  if u watch closely, what knocked tanner out was his head being sandwiched between titos head and the mat, kinda like a headbutt to the jaw, but harder
Ya I remember that but a W is a W.  The slam was good enough to set him up to drop bombs anyway.

12/13/11 3:42 PM
Rockstar44

AT the time when Tito used his wrestling to dominate, was back when MMA was just starting. Tito is 2x Jr Collage Champ. He has good wrestling, not great. Now, we have much better wrestlers.
12/13/11 3:42 PM
ABE FROMAN

It's a shame that he's going to have to retire no matter how good he's gotten. It's not really his time, imo.
12/13/11 3:44 PM
anunaki
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris brennan hit it on the head.

Tito, we want you ti maul somone, not try and box with them.
12/13/11 3:45 PM
WestsideStrangler

Rockstar44 - AT the time when Tito used his wrestling to dominate, was back when MMA was just starting. Tito is 2x Jr Collage Champ. He has good wrestling, not great. Now, we have much better wrestlers.

I agree BUT hes a better wrestler than Nog.  He wasnt as good as Vlad.  His MMA wrestling was better than many guys more accomplished in actual wrestling.
12/13/11 3:45 PM
Jack Skellington
772 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Brennan more than Tito
12/13/11 3:46 PM
WestsideStrangler

Thanks Jack
12/13/11 3:48 PM
ABE FROMAN

Hey Chris, when did you start this?

12/13/11 3:59 PM
Ghost of Retard
725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WestsideStrangler -  I agree his skills are there but use the ones that are your BEST skills.  Don't box with a guy that was on a national boxing team. All about game plan.

I completely agree with that,
12/13/11 4:00 PM
Kirik
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground, Mayor for Life
 I was live for the Tanner fight, and that is the most excited I ever got in MMA, and I have lost my mind countless times, too.
12/13/11 4:07 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
871 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
12/13/11 4:09 PM
fabes
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brengan know his stuff.
12/13/11 4:10 PM
chesty_1775

Tito isn't fighting 185ers or guys like Vlad sucked up from short notice. The UFC isn't letting him duck guys like Chuck anymore because they need him winning (from a marketing standpoint). Tito had a good run. Props to him. But he is the most overrated champ the UFC has ever had.
12/13/11 4:11 PM
RedDragonUK
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to watch the Tanner fight before going to martial arts class to get in the mood lol. I agree Tito can be great if he fights using his weapons Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.