UnderGround Forums

Michigan Underground >> Ranke Sports Network - Cages?

12/13/11 3:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Drewout
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have any information about the quality of cages and rings these guys build? Gentleman's name is Michael Ranke and he is in Michigan.

Spoke to him on the phone and he seems like a good guy and knows what he is talking about. I am helping a friend build out a new gym, I am not a partner so it is not my money. I want to make sure that he get's the best value for his money. I am seriously leaning towards Chad at Rings and Cages, but this guy Ranke has some incredible pricing and says he delivers and sets it up in his price.
12/24/11 9:56 PM
The Boomer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont deal with this guy. We bought a cage from this guy through ebay and he came out last week to set it up.He was 2-3 weeks late on set up. I wasnt there when he set it up, my step son was. Well he ended up taking all day and still wasnt done. He ended up bailing on us and not coming back. He started texting us and saying his kids were in a car accident and he could deal with it. Now he states his kids are ok and he wants to make it right. Well he isnt and refuses to fix or refund our money back. he is a crook. Stay far away from this guy!

What he set up was horrible. It was all wood framing and posts. The framing was terrible and he used sheetrock screws to hold everything together. The fence post were worse. He used conduit 1" with couplings(not even full sides) and zip tied the fencing to the conduit, then wrapped some pipe insualtion around the conduit and zip tied that. his cage door was made of pvc!!! This guy is a joke.

I have pictures to prove if anyone is even still thinking of buying from this guy. Im going after him now for my money back. Email me if you need anymore info about this guy @ cal.interiors@yahoo.com
12/27/11 7:32 AM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted about this guy on the other thread that was created. Yep, all wood, ebay only, using other companies' pics to sell his "product". I will tell you what, the vinyl alone (good vinyl) costs almost as much as this guy is selling his "products" for. To properly build a cage, the costs are double his sale price, problem is, no one does the research and he is taking person after person after person on this.

Rev
Rings and Cages, Inc
www.ringsandcages.com
12/27/11 3:11 PM
Drewout
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you for the feedback. We are definitely moving forward with Rings & Cages for the panels. We have used Rings and Cages before when building the new location of the The HardCore Gym in Athens, GA.

Budget is just very tight right now so getting it all figured out!
1/1/12 11:08 AM
Combat Athletix

This guy is a freaking joke! Guess who just got taken for $2800? This guy. I wish I had read this post before I ordered this stupid cage! He fed me the same lie about his kid in an accident. Garbage. Then he tried to tell me he uses wood because it is ten times stronger than steel. Our "20" ft cage measure 20 ft between two poles, 15 between two more and 16 between the other two. Let everybody know about this fraud!
1/4/12 8:17 PM
The Boomer

That sucks, another victim. My wife is the one who originally dealt with this guy. I always do my research but it is what it is. I have reported this guy tro ebay, paypal, the FBI internet scam department and more. Cant even to begin to express how much this hurt and how frustrating it is. We are now building our own cage from fencing supplies and more. Sucks we have to go this route but we are now broke cause of this guy.

Once again, please everyone spread the word about this guy.
1/5/12 5:00 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Combat and Boomer, sorry to hear about that. Too many guys out there that are out to make a quick buck regardless of who it screws over. They also take absolutely no pride in their work which is where you see a lot of guys selling cages for about 6 months to a year and very few sticking around. Some that are still around usually contract out to other companies (like myself at Rings and Cages and Mike over at monster cages) to actually build their products for them.

If there is anything I can do to help you guys out please let me know. I hate to see crooked bastards tainting the business that I have busted my ass to try to help build (on the design and manufacturing side).

Hang in their guys.

Rev
ringsandcages@gmail.com
1/5/12 5:01 PM
Dojosensei

Also, get your money back, what you purchased on ebay doesn't match the description given by him, he is still selling on ebay currently. post pics on this thread so people can see what crap he produces.

Threaten a lawsuit, by all means get your dough by any means necessary at this point.
1/29/12 4:40 PM
SDTOTALCOMBAT

Edited: 02/15/12 1:51 PM

1/30/12 2:36 PM
Dojosensei

Unfortunately you wouldn't have been able to use it even if they had shown up. I don't know of ANY state with an athletic commission that would allow a cage built that way to be used for a competition. It simply isn't sturdy or safe.

Best thing you can do at this point is try to rent one. I would help you out if I had more time but it would take until Friday to get it built, no time to ship. Check out people that rent out your way.

For future reference, www.ringsandcages.com if you need a cage.
2/11/12 8:54 AM
Dojosensei

any updates on this?
8/28/12 9:13 PM
Dojosensei

UPDATE ON THIS!!!!

Just got a call from Deputy Kelly Bowden in Michigan. He is investigating the frauds that have happened in relation to Michael Ranke and the Ranke Sports Network cages etc...

Apparently quite a few promoters etc... got taken in this guy's scam and he would like to talk to ANYONE that was ripped off, didn't get the items they paid for etc...

His contact info is:

Kelly Bowden Desk number is 517-244-1826

email address is so_bowden@ingham.org

If you know of anyone that has gotten ripped off by RANKE please contact the Deputy Bowden and let them know who he can talk to and add to the list of victims.

Thanks guys!

Rev
11/22/13 1:18 PM
mayhemlamar

Agree completely about the non-legitmacy of this guy! I am out over 4000 after Jason from SD Total Combat inboxed me on facebook about a cage he had for sale that was brand new and ready to go from his friend (ranke) who sold them. Being a longstanding promoter I was familiar with his mma shows and assumed that it was the real deal. Something didnt ring right after the second day and i called to ask jason to put a stop on it and refund my money because I had just gotten laid off. He said he couldnt because the materials had been ordered, I told him i thought the cage was in and ready? he gave me a song and dance and got me to agree to wait. after a few weeks I asked him to put me on touch with michael ranke. He did and the dance began. after waiting 90 days i demanded my money back where he gave me the his kids were in an accident and died line (Who the hell would wish that karma?) and me being a father let him make me wait longer.. long story short it never came and it was actually me working with donnie lambert of the pueblo police internet crimes that built a case with debuty bowden. the question is how long will it take for them to catch this pos? and if they do, we most likely still will never get our money back.. Jason, Im glad you got your 800 in commission and kept it and defriended me on facebook. class act pal.
2/18/14 6:35 PM
Dojosensei

Man, I hate to hear anything like this. Plenty of good companies out there that build cages. About the only kind of cage you'll legitimately get for 4000 is a floor cage unless you are buying used from someone then you could get a competition one. For a legitimate competition cage, unless you have a hookup on steel, vinyl, wood and padding, you are going to spend more than 4000 on the materials alone.

I can't say much Mayhem, I got taken by a dude on the internet back in 99'/00' for a wrestling ring for 1200 that next came. Turns out he had already gotten 19 other people with the same scam. He was out of Connecticut and would have cashier's checks sent to him as "so and so" and then sign them over to himself "his real name".

HOPEFULLY you all can get your money back or at least see this guy locked away for quite awhile.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.