Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Spartan79
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo/sambo Phone Post
12/19/11 2:29 AM
Spartan79

New years eve on the dream card. Looking forward to this one. I hope Ishii has done a lot of work on his striking. Fedor may get a knockout here.
What you guys think? Phone Post
12/20/11 4:12 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor has flash KO syndrome now. he is done as fighter.
12/20/11 4:20 AM
Spartan79

No way , still has a lot of fight in him plus a lot of people still pay good money to see him. He may not cut it at the top of the UFC anymore but still a force to be reckoned with. As for Ishii good opportunity to get more credibility as a mma fighter. Phone Post
12/20/11 8:24 PM
Fitzsimmons Shift
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/11 8:24 PM
How good is Ishii's newaza? (Apologies if the question is retarded.)
12/20/11 8:59 PM
Chocolate Shatner
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Def want Fedor to KO Satoshi-kun.
12/21/11 6:40 AM
Spartan79

I think he's newaza is ok he's a top level judoka and has been learning bjj. I'd say he knows enough. He's a very powerful guy! Still see Fedor winning this Phone Post
12/21/11 8:07 AM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FS- World class judokas from Japan all have good newaza skills to compliment their throwing skills. I read an article by Randy Couture when he grappled with Ishii and was impressed. I also read he got a brown belt in BJJ. I met him in person and he is not very tall about 5'8" so I see this as a problem for him with striking/kicking distance.
12/21/11 1:24 PM
Spartan79

^ very true . His biggest problem will be the speed and power that Fedors strikes are coming at him! Phone Post
12/24/11 10:21 AM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spartan79 - ^ very true . His biggest problem will be the speed and power that Fedors strikes are coming at him! Phone Post
But with fedor's looping strikes, if he throws and ishii steps in, he could potentially get some nice throws in, and maybe, MAYBE submit him. Phone Post
12/24/11 10:47 AM
judoblackbelt
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think a clinch will happen but would love to see it. Fedor and Ishii fighting from the clinch would be awesome. Fedor would only get close/clinch after a few strikes/kicks if it happened at all. Just my thoughts.
12/24/11 2:27 PM
Spartan79

Yeah I think we will see much the same Fedor we saw last time. Careful , well timed strikes. Ishii will have to close the gap fast! Can see him standing with Fedor and winning! Phone Post
12/24/11 2:29 PM
Spartan79

That was meant to be can't see him standing and winning! Phone Post
1/1/12 2:35 AM
Spartan79

Went just how I thought it would. I'd like to see fedor call it a day now. Phone Post
1/1/12 9:15 AM
judoblackbelt

Judo players do like getting hit in the face. They are protected in judo by the rules. Would of loved to see a grappling match not an MMA match. That would be interesting and fun too watch. You can see the size difference was huge, also the striking skills.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.