UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gegard: Next fight I'm training in the US

12/19/11 8:19 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I think, because I don't have good training. I have only one trainer. And that's wrestling, they were helping me with technical wrestling.

"But I don't have a conditioning trainer, I don't have a standup trainer, I don't have a jiu-jitsu trainer. I don't have any good sparring partners, high level. I don't have a nutrition(ist).

"I don't know what all these other fighters have. I mean, I think there's a huge (room for) improvement there.

"Next fight I'm going to train in the US with a good camp."

Read entire article...

12/19/11 8:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wtf? He's made enough money by now to train like a pro. Phone Post
12/19/11 8:22 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was doing some training with gokhan saki, he might not have full time training, but he definitely trains with some great fighters.
12/19/11 8:23 AM
ABE FROMAN

According to a few people on this board he looked 'well rounded' in that fight. I like Mousasi and have rooted for him in almost all his fights, but he hasn't looked as good as his potential ever.
12/19/11 8:25 AM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gegard has been half-assing it his entire career, hope he finally starts taking it serious. If he does he could go all the way.
12/19/11 9:03 AM
bignightmare
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GreatCornholio - I hate when fighters blame their trainers. What's next - blaming their parents? Phone Post

that is his point. He has some guys that coach him here and there but not a dedicated team or trainer. He is a lone gun. He is the one making sure he gets training in or new guys in. That doesnt work at this level. You need a team and coach around you.
12/19/11 9:49 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ondz - Gegard has been half-assing it his entire career, hope he finally starts taking it serious. If he does he could go all the way.

+1
12/19/11 9:51 AM
Ramon Maroni

Wonder what camp he will train with?

AKA wouldnt be a bad choice for him
12/19/11 9:52 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hammer House for the win.
12/19/11 9:59 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Ramon Maroni - Wonder what camp he will train with?

AKA would be a great choice. One possibility is Team Quest with Hendo since he has trained there before. Reign MMA with Munoz & co would be another great place to work on his grappling.
12/19/11 10:02 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have always said he should make a permanent move to the US. Holland is great for kickboxing but most of Europe is still lacking when it comes to elite level training. Sure there are a number of tough guys to train with. But few teams train for a living, most pros still have jobs on the side

12/19/11 10:11 AM
Ringgeneral
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he starts top level training, he'll be back at 185 with a quickness
12/19/11 10:22 AM
awilson82
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gegard at half assed like he is now looks pretty good if he steps his training up big time he will be a big threat to anyone at both 205 and 185.
12/19/11 11:08 AM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

Ramon Maroni - Wonder what camp he will train with?

Maybe KINGS. I say that because they have a lot of big guys up there Phone Post
12/19/11 11:09 AM
FixedPartialArts

I thought he did well against OSP. He exhibited much improved wrestling, his sweeps out of tough positions were amazing, and a he kept up a very high pace for a 205 pounder. He dominated the first round, won the 2nd comfortably, and the third was a virtual draw when the fight was in the bag if he avoided a finish.

Some fans are always looking for finishes in every fight to justify a fighter's solid reputation, but the smarter guys against tough competition know they need to pick their spots lest risk a loss or KO for themselves. If they are being consistent, the same fans should put close losses or draws (like Mousasi's against Jardine) in perspective depending on the circumstances involved. But it's more empowering to hate I guess.
12/19/11 11:10 AM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere -
Ramon Maroni - Wonder what camp he will train with?

AKA would be a great choice. One possibility is Team Quest with Hendo since he has trained there before. Reign MMA with Munoz & co would be another great place to work on his grappling.
Mo Lawal is part of AKA.
Here's hoping he goes to ATT or Kings. Phone Post
12/19/11 12:06 PM
jujubre
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gegard "the Ronin" Mousasi
12/19/11 12:57 PM
bhealthy

Tell him to get with master Lloyd and brandon vera!!! he will wreck shit!

or
Coconut Creek's ATT

12/19/11 3:46 PM
Buck 65

whatever happened to him training at tristar?
12/19/11 3:48 PM
topshelf720

Edited: 12/19/11 3:48 PM
He is a middleweight with nutritionist and training. Anyone can see that with the naked eye.
12/19/11 4:55 PM
Lanfear

Did anyone actually watch the video? He says Gokor, possibly Dan Henderson, and the gyms around Orange County.
12/19/11 5:14 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crazydave -  Hammer House for the win.

Probably the smoothest transition for him, to go from hitting a heavy bag in his garage to hitting one on Mark Coleman's front porch.
12/19/11 5:28 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Said he might train with Hendo. That would be awesome for him.

I like that he finally sounds motivated to do what he has to do to reach his potential. He's normally very laid back, but you could tell he got a bit excited when talking about the potential gyms he could go to.
12/19/11 5:33 PM
Nexuscrawlers
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was too spread out before, trying to do pro-kickboxing and fight at different wieghts,
if he just sticks all MMA and prob stay mw, he will be great
12/19/11 5:33 PM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He needs to be on the monkey bars in a Start Oskal playground Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.