UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Most talented player to never make it to the NBA?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/19/11 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am too lazy to dig up a list of players who had mad skills but never even made it to the NBA, guys that were basketball Gods, almost Bron like aura.

I remember a few guys that skipped College and tried to enter the NBA and I never heard from them again.
12/19/11 5:36 PM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time tebow
12/20/11 2:15 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would say Len Bias...that dude was a beast but died too early before he got to nba

i rmr him like yesterdayand how dc/md/va area was distraught over his death of overdosing
12/20/11 2:17 PM
supersaiyan

he was supposed to be the next MJ or threat to MJ

12/20/11 2:23 PM
supersaiyan

HAnk Gathers was another decent player not in the NBA but passed away early as LEn did
12/20/11 2:24 PM
supersaiyan

he was the college player that died while playing a game after passing out on the court
12/20/11 3:45 PM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pre Injury Arvydas Sabonis
12/20/11 6:39 PM
supersaiyan

i am pretty sure he playedin the NBA...for Portland tRailblazers
12/20/11 9:09 PM
Enamoratu
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oscar Schmidt.
12/22/11 5:55 AM
PTM2020
1759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Enamoratu -  Oscar Schmidt.

12/22/11 6:29 PM
Jacob Lamb
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the answer to this question, but good a show.

12/23/11 9:21 AM
supersaiyan

damn...allthat talent limited to prison...wouldve been nice to see how he wouldve done tho
1/3/12 10:31 PM
tinytuffnutz
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/03/12 10:33 PM
Paul Harris. He's playing for the Main red claws, I think. In HS he was being compared to Lebron, men among boys sorta deal. He was a beast, just never developed a jumper. There are alot of thoes kinda guys, if you fallow HS basketball. Taylor King went to Duke, then transferred to Villinova. He was a highly touted blue chip prospect, that never panned out. I used to fallow basketball religiously, before mma took over. I would keep track of HS, college, and NBA. Believe it or not, there are a ton of these kinds of players, blue chip prospects out of HS, then can't stay on a D1 level team. Like a earlier post said, not the answer but just a few names.
1/20/12 8:25 PM
SandraBullockFan
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can't remember anything about this kid i hope to god someone can. it was probably early to mid 2000s and he was an nyc streetball legend. even on one of the and1 shows main event went to recruit him for a game and it was a huge deal. i feel like the first name is larry but i'm not sure. i know it's not any help but this kid was talked up so much and then never did anything.
1/20/12 9:30 PM
tinytuffnutz
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SandraBullockFan - i can't remember anything about this kid i hope to god someone can. it was probably early to mid 2000s and he was an nyc streetball legend. even on one of the and1 shows main event went to recruit him for a game and it was a huge deal. i feel like the first name is larry but i'm not sure. i know it's not any help but this kid was talked up so much and then never did anything.

It wasn't Lance Stephenson, was it? How old was the dude, teens or 20's? Are you positive he was out of NYC?
1/20/12 10:04 PM
MrBojangles

Earl The Goat
1/21/12 2:32 PM
SandraBullockFan
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tinytuffnutz - 
SandraBullockFan - i can't remember anything about this kid i hope to god someone can. it was probably early to mid 2000s and he was an nyc streetball legend. even on one of the and1 shows main event went to recruit him for a game and it was a huge deal. i feel like the first name is larry but i'm not sure. i know it's not any help but this kid was talked up so much and then never did anything.

It wasn't Lance Stephenson, was it? How old was the dude, teens or 20's? Are you positive he was out of NYC?

ah it may have been him which would make me an idiot since he's in the nba. i have been trying to find any info on the particular and1 episode he was on but so far nothing
1/21/12 8:11 PM
dangerboy12
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tinytuffnutz - Paul Harris. He's playing for the Main red claws, I think. In HS he was being compared to Lebron, men among boys sorta deal. He was a beast, just never developed a jumper. There are alot of thoes kinda guys, if you fallow HS basketball. Taylor King went to Duke, then transferred to Villinova. He was a highly touted blue chip prospect, that never panned out. I used to fallow basketball religiously, before mma took over. I would keep track of HS, college, and NBA. Believe it or not, there are a ton of these kinds of players, blue chip prospects out of HS, then can't stay on a D1 level team. Like a earlier post said, not the answer but just a few names.

Taylor King failed because his jump shot failed. I've never seen a kid shoot that great, then just lose it seemingly over night.
1/21/12 8:42 PM
tinytuffnutz

dangerboy12 - 
tinytuffnutz - Paul Harris. He's playing for the Main red claws, I think. In HS he was being compared to Lebron, men among boys sorta deal. He was a beast, just never developed a jumper. There are alot of thoes kinda guys, if you fallow HS basketball. Taylor King went to Duke, then transferred to Villinova. He was a highly touted blue chip prospect, that never panned out. I used to fallow basketball religiously, before mma took over. I would keep track of HS, college, and NBA. Believe it or not, there are a ton of these kinds of players, blue chip prospects out of HS, then can't stay on a D1 level team. Like a earlier post said, not the answer but just a few names.

Taylor King failed because his jump shot failed. I've never seen a kid shoot that great, then just lose it seemingly over night.

I remember one of the only knocks on him out of HS, was that his AAU teams were loaded, so he would always be wide open for 3's. I certainly don't know, but maybe he couldn't handle it being contested at the D1 level. Fwiw my one buddy that played D1(st.bonnies), said the hardest thing was every shot is contested, rarely ever an open look.
1/22/12 3:08 PM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - Pre Injury Arvydas Sabonis

the guy would have been known as one of the best ever
3/7/12 8:10 PM
SandraBullockFan

Edited: 03/07/12 8:18 PM
ok the guy i was thinking of is lenny cooke. read an article on msnbc.com's sports site today. he was a year older than lebron, played in all the tourney's with amare, lebron, melo, etc. was the next huge can't miss superstar in HS til lebron killed him in a tourney and he just lost all the hype. declared for the draft out of HS and wasn't taken. great article and i recommend reading if you can find it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/sports/basketball/lenny-cooke-star-to-be-who-never-was.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1
3/7/12 9:48 PM
tinytuffnutz

SandraBullockFan - ok the guy i was thinking of is lenny cooke. read an article on msnbc.com's sports site today. he was a year older than lebron, played in all the tourney's with amare, lebron, melo, etc. was the next huge can't miss superstar in HS til lebron killed him in a tourney and he just lost all the hype. declared for the draft out of HS and wasn't taken. great article and i recommend reading if you can find it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/sports/basketball/lenny-cooke-star-to-be-who-never-was.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1

Cool, I was always wondering who you were talking about, since I used to fallow BBall religiously.
3/22/12 10:35 PM
sanguine cynic

Oscar Schmidt-- Dropped like 30 on the Dream Team at age 38.

Also Dejan Bodiroga. Captain of the Yugoslavian national team that featured Vlade and Peja. Those are probably the two best players to never play in the NBA.
3/22/12 11:10 PM
Enamoratu
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good call with Dejan "the White Magic" Bodiroga.

One of my all time favs.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.