UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Nutrition Question

12/20/11 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo Bolo.  You seem to be pretty serious about health and nutrition and I think you research things pretty thoroughly.  I beleive you mainly follow some kind of "raw food" diet.  Can you tell me what you think about:

1) Soy
2) Carbohydrates in general (what % do you think is good), and whole wheat in specific.
3) Alcohol consumption (just curious)

Thanks!
12/21/11 11:45 AM
TerreM
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If yo scroll down to the post he made last year 12/26 called "Clean food" it has a lot of good info that you may find helpful.
12/21/11 2:58 PM
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me first say that I am not a fan of supposed nutritional science and research. Remember, for example, we were once told to eat margarine rather than butter and years later, all the supposed research was wrong and we find out the margarine is much much worse. Nutritional research/science is often manipulated by the food industry that is trying to get people to eat more of their particular food. I can also tell you that my family and I eat in manner which no doctor or nutritionist would recommend, yet we have incredible health.

I have found that most people don't do diets that are best for their health, but rather choose a particular diet that they are comfortable with or want to do for some particular reason and then tend to create or accumulate reasons to justify that diet.

For me, I did the exact opposite. In experimenting with diet, I had no reasons or expectations in doing any particular diet besides the curiosity of how it may better my health. I did not base it on achieving some claim someone else made. I did not except or know what was going to happen. I basically did an experiment on myself and waited to see what happened as I feel personal experience is way better than someone else's research on what is best for yourself.

For me, my own experimenting led me to a carnivorous raw food diet called the Primal Diet. Even within the Primal Diet, there are countless variations of the diet based on an individual's situation.

Personally, I don't eat soy or wheat as that is not part of my raw food diet. I don't count carbs or any nutrient for that matter. I can say that my diet is very high in clean raw fats though. Personally, I don't drink alcohol because I don't like the taste of it.
12/22/11 1:48 PM
OctagonSoldier
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, thanks man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.