UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Things you do while injured & not training?

12/21/11 8:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a swollen right knee at the moment, and a left foot so banged up it's agonizing just to put my shoe on.

In the meantime, this is what I do while I can't train:

- Grip strengthening (I use the Captains of Crush hand grippers)

- Push-ups (have to cross my left foot so that it rests on my right)

- Sit-ups/crunches/bicycle crunches

- Watch/study instructionals

- Make it a priority to get 7-8 hours of sleep

- Make better food choices (cut out sugar, alcohol, processed foods)--actually, I should be doing this even when not injured, too.

- Play Total War: Shogun 2 (don't want to get burnt out on judo DVDs!)

Nothing ground breaking, but since I can't go out and do much, I thought I'd make a thread.

How about you?

Oh yeah,last thing, I haven no access to weights; otherwise, I'd for sure be doing weight-training.
12/22/11 7:04 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flexibility and stretching,core exercises. Go to the doctors as many times as it takes it get fixed with what is injured. Rehab,ice injured areas. Diet is very important all the time not just when you are injured. It shouldn't change if it is the right diet. Don't make things worse or develope new injuries during this time.
12/22/11 1:41 PM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can also still do almost all of your upper body strength training based on your injuries.
12/22/11 8:14 PM
Seong gyeong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's true. I should get out and do some dips/pull-ups today. Or just break down and either join a gym or buy some weights.
12/23/11 7:11 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A gym offers more and you can watch the personal trainers with others to get tips on correct form for the exercises.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.