UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Ronda Rousey / Karo no gi randori

12/22/11 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Came across this...nothing special.

Their stuff starts around 0:51.

Can't always get a good view since the cameraman is focusing on the other wrestlers too.

Just thought this was interesting, mainly cuz Karo has always been a favorite fighter of mine. He's lost 3 in a row and been through a lot of personal issues.
12/23/11 1:31 AM
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

link ?
12/23/11 5:36 AM
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh damn, I'm sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt9DD3BcN4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

12/23/11 6:54 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karo and Ronda were the only ones doing judo throws/takedowns. Karo was very good as a young judoka. I was at the Nationals in Cleveland around 1998( I think) and he was fighting for 3rd place in the medal round. He was in his teens at the time someone told me. Gokor was his coach. Not sure why he didn't progress in judo, being so good at an earlier age.
12/24/11 2:02 AM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - Karo and Ronda were the only ones doing judo throws/takedowns. Karo was very good as a young judoka. I was at the Nationals in Cleveland around 1998( I think) and he was fighting for 3rd place in the medal round. He was in his teens at the time someone told me. Gokor was his coach. Not sure why he didn't progress in judo, being so good at an earlier age.

I saw Manny and gary (not me) doing throws. The reason why Karo and Gokor's students don't reach their full judo pontential is because they start doing mma in their teens and don't have time to focuse on judo. Most of these guys are very poor and it a way they help their family survive.
12/25/11 1:40 PM
Cya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/28/11 10:01 AM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.