UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Christian online forums

12/24/11 2:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys know any good ones? This atheist hornet's nest gets tiring sometimes. Phone Post
12/24/11 4:16 PM
Lahi
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to post at "Into the Wardrobe," a site dedicated to CS Lewis. Its been years, but there were actually some good discussions with all kinds of viewpoints going on. They had all kinds of different forums.
12/27/11 12:29 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great and huge forum: http://forums.catholic.com/
12/27/11 5:11 PM
reverend john
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jesusradicals.com is a good site for radical Christianity

rev
12/27/11 11:16 PM
Benedictus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Catholic answers has one, but it's predominantly Roman Catholic. Protestants are generally looked down upon. There are some EO there as well. Phone Post
12/28/11 12:16 AM
Ali
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hornet's nest?? Really??
12/28/11 8:02 AM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ali - Hornet's nest?? Really??
Sometimes Phone Post
12/28/11 11:05 AM
Ali
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen one big outburst of "atheist-trolling" recently. That's quite annoying. So I could see that... I don't perceive this place the way you do, though, if you're talking about something more general. (And that was more like swarming fleas than hornets, I think!)
12/28/11 3:46 PM
micmac

Ali - I've seen one big outburst of "atheist-trolling" recently. That's quite annoying. So I could see that... I don't perceive this place the way you do, though, if you're talking about something more general. (And that was more like swarming fleas than hornets, I think!)
You're right, more like fleas. I overstated with that comment. Some days make me feel that way though. It's my fault for clicking on every religion thread. Phone Post
12/28/11 9:51 PM
Ali

Edited: 12/28/11 9:52 PM
Being an atheist who posts here...

I think of myself as neither a hornet nor a flea. I have been annoyed by some "atheist posts" that I originally thought to be funny, but then saw might have been simply trolling. And you'll run into that anywhere. Or any forum that isn't *overly* moderated, I think.

My experience has been that aside from occasional flare-ups of trolling, this sub-forum has been mostly Christian. By a long shot, and especially for a "non-denominational/spiritual" sort of forum.

Anyway, I appreciate the engagement, such as it is, from religious folk here of whatever stripe. I hope some of the suggestions that have come up, or will come up, help you find fora that are ever more helpful.
12/28/11 10:10 PM
micmac

Ali - Being an atheist who posts here...

I think of myself as neither a hornet nor a flea. I have been annoyed by some "atheist posts" that I originally thought to be funny, but then saw might have been simply trolling. And you'll run into that anywhere. Or any forum that isn't *overly* moderated, I think.

My experience has been that aside from occasional flare-ups of trolling, this sub-forum has been mostly Christian. By a long shot, and especially for a "non-denominational/spiritual" sort of forum.

Anyway, I appreciate the engagement, such as it is, from religious folk here of whatever stripe. I hope some of the suggestions that have come up, or will come up, help you find fora that are ever more helpful.
Right on. I truly enjoy the discussions with you and other "normal" atheists. As a Christian I don't care for irrational angry atheists or irrational fundamentalist religious.

Unfortunately the holyground can go days with almost no activity, and the squeaky wheels around here are the 2 or 3 looney tunes atheists who disproportionately "contribute" to the debate. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.